Maric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Ford ran a MachE information session today for the public. Most of the presentation was based on how Ford went from concept to production design. Here are some interesting pics I took from the slides. Approx. 6 Ford Engineer's ran a Q&A. not much new there but sounded like they will be following up with more sessions.

View the Full Presentation:

Some images / screenshots from the presentation:

Ford Mustang Mach-E Video and images from Mach-E Concept-to-Design Presentation Today - Want that Yellow! mache yellow.JPG

Ford Mustang Mach-E Video and images from Mach-E Concept-to-Design Presentation Today - Want that Yellow! mache front and rear concept.JPG

I really like concept A with concept C's front end.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Video and images from Mach-E Concept-to-Design Presentation Today - Want that Yellow! mache first designs.JPG

eager2own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Porsche Panamera S e-Hybrid
Country flag
Like the yellow color... but I'm sure glad they didn't give the MME that silly smile on the yellow design.

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
I really enjoyed that. It was really interesting. I hope they keep doing them!

tex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
On paint, when asked how they selected the colors to offer the panel didn't even know what colors were available. Only comment was it is a big car that does not lend itself to bold colors. Really ?! Hope the do more presentations, but make it less a PR slide show and more informative.

jparduhn70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
On paint, when asked how they selected the colors to offer the panel didn't even know what colors were available. Only comment was it is a big car that does not lend itself to bold colors. Really ?! Hope the do more presentations, but make it less a PR slide show and more informative.
I didn't really buy that assertion. I've seen the vehicle at the Chicago Auto Show and didn't feel like it was so large that they couldn't use a bolder color palette. While I'm not disappointed with Infinite Blue, I can sympathize with others in these forums about the emphasis on the gray tones and standard colors.

It was pretty funny how they didn't know the names of the colors, too. :D

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
The presentation was a great opportunity to really hear from the designers' hearts. To be able to get an hour with the top design leaders of the vehicles was truly awesome. This really allowed us to hear about the WHY behind the design rather than just the what.

Agreed, we didn't get a lot of new intel. It would be great if we could have more of these discussions with the MME team, especially Team Edison and really target our questions to the teams.

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
I'm really sorry they didn't go with that front "grille". But as an engineer I realize you have to make compromises to live within design constraints.
The back also looks a lot nicer and fixes most of the what I don't like with the current designs tri bar lights,, naturally going to have to be changes for the final design but overall think that the front an rear look better and they probably could have got closer to this design.

Will be interesting to see if an inevitable facelift happens in x years time and if any of these designs get used,

Ace

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
modernmusclecars.de
Vehicles
2018 Camaro 2SS
Country flag
From all we know the Mach-E didn't start as a Mustang, they choose that direction mid-development. The presentation here is really interesting, but I honestly would love to see what they had in mind before adding the Mustang theme to the vehicle. Besides the DRL I think the final design is really one of the best we saw in these concepts