mamejunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Mach-E '21, Premium Mach-E '22
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Too bad it wasn't a production trim Mach-E. They upgraded it so much that I don't even think it is remotely close to what we will be driving. 1400hp & 7 motors? Think I am missing a 1 in the hp for my premium & 6 motors. A slightly modified GT would have been nice.

RockDaphne98296

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E FE, 2016 F-350 Super Duty XLT
Occupation
Commercial Aerospace Interiors
Country flag
OK so I am confused - they talked about how quiet it was - what was the scree sound? The individual motors on the wheels? or maybe they added that sound? My current vehicle Is near silent in operation and I have no doubt that the production Mach E will also be silent.

ddlt

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
NX 300H Rx350 CX5 Mach E reserved Galaxy 500 in a time long ago
Country flag
I want 399 miles of range with 1,400 HP on 56.8Kwh :)
Now if some software engineer could program the ice sounds to torque application and make it user selectable like an Apple Watch face that would be cool. Then all you would need is a rumble seat.
MCA here we come

mamejunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Mach-E '21, Premium Mach-E '22
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Now if some software engineer could program the ice sounds to torque application and make it user selectable like an Apple Watch face that would be cool. Then all you would need is a rumble seat.
MCA here we come
Technically easy to do. Does the non-technical stake holders (sales, marketing...) want to add that in is a completely different story.

Last edited:

Ponypower50

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 CMax, 2021 Rapid Red Mach-E FE
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Can I get that performance package?

ab13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rav4 Hybrid
Country flag
OK so I am confused - they talked about how quiet it was - what was the scree sound? The individual motors on the wheels? or maybe they added that sound? My current vehicle Is near silent in operation and I have no doubt that the production Mach E will also be silent.
That's the sounds of tires and the electric motors spinning. They are flooring the accelerator pedal most of the time. When you cruise you don't do that.

If you watch any electric vehicle race from the outside, you basically hear tire noise.

Here's the Yasa motors used on a Piles Peak race. Quiet, since they don't skid the tires for this type of race.

https://www.yasa.com/news/yasa-powered-ev-is-fastest-overall-in-pikes-peak-qualifying/

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
The screaming banshee sound comes from military grade non-lethal weaponized speakers.

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag
I read speculation that it came from straight-cut gears used on this model.

I think when they normally drive ICE cars like he did at the end, they use the audio cues from the engine to know when to perform different maneuvers. These are not the same on this 1400.

(Disclosure: A non-expert wrote this.)

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
So, where's the "How To..." video? As in how to hoon a Mach E?

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
The Mach-E 1400's diffuser is probably the first to include speaker-grille perforations, behind which lies an LRAD 100X military loudspeaker that can deliver the soundtrack of your choice at drive-Noriega-from-his-compound amplitude. Everyone seems to expect a high-pitched electronic "Screeeee!" but may we suggest Van Halen?

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a33368022/ford-mustang-mach-e-1400-revealed/

ddlt

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
NX 300H Rx350 CX5 Mach E reserved Galaxy 500 in a time long ago
Country flag