samev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium SR RWD
Country flag
Does the persistent camera icon still only work below 6mph, and invoking camera views is disabled above that speed?
Sponsored

KevinS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E (sold), 2023 Ioniq 6 SEL
Country flag
I just noticed that Ford also removed the Charge settings from the Settings menu system (!) and made it into a separate "app" in their app tray.

Of course, this is only discovered when you need to change something and explore the whole new menu system to find Charge settings are no longer there....
Great, it'll only take me 5 or 6 times of doing that before I remember it. I should probably see a doctor.

Brymo11

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mustang Mach E GT
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I have a 23 GT that I took delivery on Dec 16... It appears I already have this update because almost all this functionality is available to me - except the persistent camera button... I need this button... I must have a previous branch of this update or something.

Sneezy

First Name
Sneezy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2000 Trans Am Firehawk, 21 Mach E Premium EXT.
Occupation
NRA Rifle Instructor
Country flag
I just hopped in and I now have 4.2.2. I love tapping the heated seat button!
It's quicker, just not as quick as I'd like but they would need new hardware for that.
I'll play around in the next day with it.

OP
OP
scoopman

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 KIA EV6 GT, 2021 VW ID.4 Pro S
Occupation
former electric pony jockey
Country flag
They did have that before. The expand "button" or icon up in the top right corner put the screen into the view we have now with this update. But if you were one of the weirdos like me that liked the at-a-glance info the widgets provided, you could condense the top and have those widgets for you. It's very weird to me that Ford removed the option to expand or condense the screen.
What I was trying to say is that with this update, they've removed the "window title" line they had on the main app window that would show the "app title" and that "minimize / maximize" control on it. They've used that extra space that was taken up by that title line to show more resolution for the current app, such as CarPlay/AA or native navigation. I wonder if they could have relocated the minimize control somewhere else (such as the top bar line) to be able to preserve the widgets, yet also have more screen real estate for the current app window.

OP
OP
scoopman

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 KIA EV6 GT, 2021 VW ID.4 Pro S
Occupation
former electric pony jockey
Country flag
Does the persistent camera icon still only work below 6mph, and invoking camera views is disabled above that speed?
Camera button always there and appears available, but if you hit it above parking speed, it gives some kind of message on the screen momentarily ("too fast for camera" or something like that) and won't activate. Would sorta be nice if the button was greyed out, or not there, if not available, but y'know.

azerik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Spacey Prem4x, '21 RX450H, 13 Focus EV
Occupation
DevSecOps, General PITA
Country flag
San Tan is going to hate me in Feb when I finally get some of the recall work done and give them a list of "and the brake and this module, and the sync updates". Hoping to make it the 1 stop to the dealer this year. Looking forward to the UI updates.

huskerpick

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I took delivery of my Mach E on 1/13/23. It has the updated software, but as with others no camera button. Is there another download coming? When could I expect to get the camera button?

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
Thanks! Stuck at 4.1.1
If you’ve already gotten something starting with a 4, you aren’t stuck. You just haven’t gotten the update yet. Some us are well and truly stuck on 3.5.4 and earlier, going back months.

Bmt-mache

First Name
BMT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-e
Country flag
Why do i not have this update or any idea when this update is coming. Seems odd that some people have it and some don't. I have a 2022 MACH-E premium which i got in August 22.

Jimmy2

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME Premium 4EX; 23 MME GTPE Vapor Blue Met
Country flag
I took delivery of my Mach E on 1/13/23. It has the updated software, but as with others no camera button. Is there another download coming? When could I expect to get the camera button?
You do have a camera button on your 23, buts its in a different location.

DanoiZ

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Mustang Mach-E GT
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Great video! Watched on YouTube last week when I got the update. Looks like I've lost the toggle to turn the charge status indicator on or off. Anyone else notice this?
Sponsored