Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
_______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
As always Andy, a great informative video. I've sent this off to some friends with Mach-E's that are not on this forum. I'll be updating their cars in the next few weeks and saves me having to explain to them what's new. Thanks.

Last edited:
OP
OP
scoopman

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 KIA EV6 GT, 2021 VW ID.4 Pro S
Occupation
former electric pony jockey
Country flag
Fabulous video as always. I'm looking forward to the new UI!

Maybe it will help with my intermittent wireless carplay issues.
Just my own experience, but CarPlay seemed much more reliable in initially connecting after the update, than on the last series of 3.5xxx updates, which seemed to cause problems in initiating wireless CarPlay on startup. I also think that switching to another CarPlay phone is working reliably after this latest update -- it was also having problems of late with the 3.5xxx updates that added YouTube.

Of course this is just a feeling, and I've only played with this for a couple of days now.

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
Great video. Gives me a very nice tour while I wait for Ford to fix its crappy OTA deployment. I’m supposedly in the EAP and I’m still stuck on 3.5.4. Good lord, @Ford Motor Company - please stop sucking so badly at OTA.

A couple observations from your tour:
  • I’ll take your word for it about reduced lag - it still looks pretty laggy but that might be a function of the video.
  • Love the bigger CarPlay and it has now lost the rounded corners!! Looks so much better.
  • Love the knob and dedicated camera button.
  • Agree that consolidating settings page makes more sense now - as opposed to the two tabs for Controls and Settings.
  • You’re absolutely right about confusingly dense and nondescript home, settings, and cam buttons in the top ribbon. Those buttons need to be (1) a bit bigger, and (2) more colorful and differentiated. Very ugly oversight by Ford that will hopefully be fixed soon. Yuck.
  • Nesting the trunk and frunk access buttons inside settings is STUPID. The trunk at least needs to go in the top ribbon.
Overall, a big improvement. But a few dumb things noted above keep it from being a home run. Now if I could just get my hands on it. Gah.

intensifi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT
Country flag
FYI The software you showed minus the camera button on the top is what shipped with my ‘23 that I received on 12/22/22.

My car was supposedly made during the week of 11/07/22.

vvelocityy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
Same as above. I have everything except for the camera button on my december delivery. I would take camera button over the other functions.

OP
OP
scoopman

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Yeah I've read this elsewhere here -- apparently the camera was a late addition, and really a great one. If they would just space out the icons at the top some more it would be even better.

Of course, if they like paid $1,000 to someone on Behance for a set of consistent icons for their UI, it would be even even better.

Giddyup

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Audi Q5e, '21 Mustang Mach E FE Grabber Blue
Country flag
Thank you - great video. Update seems to address many nice improvements and leverage that knob function.

OP
OP
scoopman

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Took possession of my 2023 MME on January 13th and the new UI is installed.
I think you probably don't have the camera button yet...

OP
OP
scoopman

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Just checked, you are correct.
I wonder if FDRS would offer you the newer APIM module version with the camera button
Sponsored