Woeo

First Name
Woeo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Energi
Country flag
trulife27, could you give us a couple of words regarding Wireless App Projection under the Connectivity menu? Would this be something like Apple’s Airplay, that would allow me to cast my phone screen onto a portion of the MME screen?

Last edited:

MailGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt Premier, Mini Cooper SE, Mustang Mach E FE
Country flag
Happy to see that it supports normal as well as adaptive modes of cruise control. I've found myself hating adaptive cruise control on long highway trips, but ironically find it more valuable in stop/go traffic.

Reactions: Nav

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
trulife27, could you give us a couple of words regarding Wireless App Projection under the Connectivity menu? Would this be something like Apple’s Airplay, that would allow me to cast my phone screen onto a portion of the MME screen?
This is just my guess: No, you can't project your phone screen to the MME screen (ala AirPlay, Miracast, Chromecast, etc.). Instead, I think this is just the setup info for wireless Android Auto and wireless Apple CarPlay. And maybe for Ford AppLink, too.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
That video shows more in 8 minutes than all the other information on Sync 4A combined. Glad one of the members of the other forum shot that.

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
That video shows more in 8 minutes than all the other information on Sync 4A combined. Glad one of the members of the other forum shot that.
Yea - I was happy someone did as well.

Wasn't the first time I've seen the camera screen, but I must say that I hope they can improve it with an OTA. It just doesn't look all that great to me. It's simple and to the point, but missing some modern design elements to make it blend in, in my opinion. (Not mentioning the stuttering of the rear cam that happened when he switch back and forth, I'd assume that'll be corrected).

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
It kind of makes you wonder if maybe Tesla has the right idea about firing the marketing department. Between the absolute mess that is the Mach-drop and the complete lack of any useful or consistent information, I'm not really sure Ford is better off with theirs.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Happy to see that it supports normal as well as adaptive modes of cruise control. I've found myself hating adaptive cruise control on long highway trips, but ironically find it more valuable in stop/go traffic.
I'm excited for the Intelligent Cruise Control option. I've had Adaptive Cruise Control for years, and really like it. But most trips in Vermont are on state roads that go through town after town. The speed limit is constantly going from 50mph to 35mph and back to 50mph. Having the car automatically adjust to those speed limit changes will be awesome.

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
The rear view camera was twitchy. Just the video feed or a bug?

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
I'm excited for the Intelligent Cruise Control option. I've had Adaptive Cruise Control for years, and really like it. But most trips in Vermont are on state roads that go through town after town. The speed limit is constantly going from 50mph to 35mph and back to 50mph. Having the car automatically adjust to those speed limit changes will be awesome.
The intelligent cruise control is awesome (my wife's 2020 Explorer has it). One word of warning though... it does not adjust your speed until AFTER you have passed the speed limit sign. (maybe that will be different in the Mach-E's version). Though it does slow down quite aggressively if there is a big speed change.

I would hope to have it adjust the speed before the sign so you are going the proper speed AT the speed limit sign. I can imagine some trigger happy cops getting you for not slowing down in time.
Sponsored