Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
All info I pass on is allowed. The other things I know. Well can't or not yet......
Thank you as well. I would be almost completely clueless if it weren't for the information shared here with this group.
Sponsored

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag

Being on this forum and seeing insider info posts is the only way I feel I know anything about the car. Without that I am positive I would not be very excited about getting mine, and probably would have just bought a Tesla by now. Watching the 5 minute video by someone simply going through the screens has taught me FAR more about the car's features and customizability than 11 months of virtual silence from the marketing department.
I am right there with you. If it weren't for the info provided by trutolife27 and others.....I would probably have a Jaguar iPace in my driveway right now. Not that I wouldn't be happy with one of those but the Mach E is a better fit for me so I am glad it looks like I will get to own one.

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag
Privacy options potentially allowing the disabling of Fleet telematics (though it did have a lock icon) wish we could have seen the text on that and whether it can just be toggled off
I'm assuming our vehicles won't be part of a fleet as we individually own them. That option may not even be there.

Last edited:

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
I'm assuming our vehicles won't be part of a fleet as we individually own them. That option may not even be there.
The Mach E can be ordered through the fleet site. If you do, then you can select Equipment Group 942 which makes Daytime Running Lamps non-configurable. I don't even know what a Configurable DRL is so that confuses me a bit. If I had to guess....it might mean DRL is active full time and can't be turned off by the driver.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Video: Navigating through Mach-E SYNC 4A screens, menus, options, features 1603234870780

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag
The Mach E can be ordered through the fleet site. If you do, then you can select Equipment Group 942 which makes Daytime Running Lamps non-configurable. I don't even know what a Configurable DRL is so that confuses me a bit. If I had to guess....it might mean DRL is active full time and can't be turned off by the driver.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Video: Navigating through Mach-E SYNC 4A screens, menus, options, features 1603234870780
What I was trying to get across is most of us on the forum won't be in a fleet. So it's possible that that option will not be present.

Ford's test vehicles are probably considered part of a fleet and they want the setting locked on. It's like group policy for Windows machines.

Just my conjecture.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
What I was trying to get across is most of us on the forum won't be in a fleet. So it's possible that that option will not be present.

Ford's test vehicles are probably considered part of a fleet and they want the setting locked on. It's like group policy for Windows machines.

Just my conjecture.
Oh yeah.....good point.

efisher

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E on order
Country flag
You are misinterpreting my point. The engineers, front line workers, etc are doing a hell of a job. The marketing staff can certainly work remotely with the Sync4 software engineers, design teams, etc to have gotten useful information before now. The marketing dept should have had access to all the customer feedback sessions as the software went through the design and testing phase, and should have found what people were most excited and interested in. There certainly should have been a better worked out plan for the Mach drops.

for example:
  • The current roadshow is a great idea. Did anyone who's ordered a car get an email about it? How was the information disseminated? I know I found out because one of the dealers in the program posted it on their facebook, and a member here started a thread. As far as I have seen, there was virtually no notification whatsoever from ford corporate. That's an epic fail for FOMOCO marketing.
  • rather than showing the same startup graphic and brief nav shot, they could have talked to the sync4 team and asked what the design team found was not only very helpful about the UI but what features they thought would be most handy. Other than the "hey show me where to get coffee" simulation since last november, there is nothing detailed about how it can help plan a long trip, finding chargers and allowing you to add stops for food while the nav is already operating. That software has certainly had the final design frozen for months, and even a beta version could be good enough
  • by the same token, the pricing and participating partners in the fordpass charging network HAVE to be finalized by now, but not once have they detailed rates or who the participants are - not even if we will get the member+ plan from EA or not.
  • The machdrop was an absolute fiasco - from poor communication to customers, to dealers, and the fact that it takes MONTHS for people to know for certain if they got a machdrop FE or not is just insane. The cars are being scheduled right now - how the hell is it that customers don't know yet?! I get it if the dealers are clueless, but calling Ford directly (or using the website) yields the same level of unacceptable cluelessness.

Being on this forum and seeing insider info posts is the only way I feel I know anything about the car. Without that I am positive I would not be very excited about getting mine, and probably would have just bought a Tesla by now. Watching the 5 minute video by someone simply going through the screens has taught me FAR more about the car's features and customizability than 11 months of virtual silence from the marketing department.
I am willing to bet that Ford's marketing department had a LOT to say about how the Mach E was designed; from the way it looks, the features that were included, and even the way it drives.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
All info I pass on is allowed. The other things I know. Well can't or not yet......
And every bit of that information's been incredibly helpful. Thank you!

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Ooooh. The thought of having a fleet of Mach Es makes me drool.?

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
The current roadshow is a great idea. Did anyone who's ordered a car get an email about it? How was the information disseminated? I know I found out because one of the dealers in the program posted it on their facebook, and a member here started a thread. As far as I have seen, there was virtually no notification whatsoever from ford corporate. That's an epic fail for FOMOCO marketing.
This!

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I am willing to bet that Ford's marketing department had a LOT to say about how the Mach E was designed; from the way it looks, the features that were included, and even the way it drives.
I'd bet that Dave Pericak, Jim Farley, Darrin Palmer and the rest of Team Edison's designers and engineers had orders of magnitude more influence than the marketing team. The marketing team probably picked the crappy color palette

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
The current roadshow is a great idea. Did anyone who's ordered a car get an email about it? How was the information disseminated? I know I found out because one of the dealers in the program posted it on their facebook, and a member here started a thread. As far as I have seen, there was virtually no notification whatsoever from ford corporate. That's an epic fail for FOMOCO marketing.
Maybe we can get a little attention?
Ford Mustang Mach-E Video: Navigating through Mach-E SYNC 4A screens, menus, options, features Screen Shot 2020-10-20 at 10.14.53 PM

Ford Mustang Mach-E Video: Navigating through Mach-E SYNC 4A screens, menus, options, features Screen Shot 2020-10-20 at 10.12.51 PM

mattbostonmache

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rav4
Country flag

Just my conjecture.
windows group policy. Perfect comparison! ?
Sponsored