Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Mine is scheduled for Valentine’s Day (dealer said he can only schedule one of these per week!) and also has a crack in the windshield which they have to replace the windshield at the same time. Looking at the video, I can only imagine the work to take out the sunroof, isn’t there also a reseal job on top? Scary work.
I think the sunroof stays in and they just add another layer of sealant to it from the inside?
Sponsored

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
His commentary that there's not enough adhesive. I also have wind noise issues so hoping a new windshield helps in that department.
Unless something goes wrong and the windshield breaks, you’ll not be getting a new windshield from the recall. The procedure is to reuse after making the appropriate corrections.

There’s also a wind noise TSB you might want to consider while having both of these recalls done.

Last edited:

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Mine is scheduled for Valentine’s Day (dealer said he can only schedule one of these per week!) and also has a crack in the windshield which they have to replace the windshield at the same time. Looking at the video, I can only imagine the work to take out the sunroof, isn’t there also a reseal job on top? Scary work.
Sunroof is not taken out.

MustThee?

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach Premium E
I wonder if I can get the dealer to let me stop by and run the wires for my dashcam while the headliner is out.
i would definitely try to get that done. Dealer had installed my dashcam so I have reminded them while scheduling and will remind again when dropping off that they need to ensure it is properly accounted for.

TRP

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E P4x, Ford F150
Country flag
After watching this I'm not as worried as I was before about yanking out my windshield.......I have no wind noise. The dealer here I talked to about this is scheduling cars now so perhaps I will get it done after all ?‍♂

EV Lab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
IB MME 4XE, Ford F-150, Honda Civic EV conversion
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
I just had my windshield replaced due to cracks from multiple rock chips. The Safelite tech commented on how poor the adhesion was from the original adhesive, and there were spots were the adhesive clearly pulled away leaving clean paint underneath. That small overlap of adhesive at the bottom center of mine left a small gap too. My car's build date is Dec 10, 2020, so an early car.

The Safelite tech did a great job, and the fit is better now than before, with a more flush transition from the windshield to the roof. Seems quieter too, even without filling the gap like I did before.

OP
OP
ReelSweet

ReelSweet

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I just had my windshield replaced due to cracks from multiple rock chips. The Safelite tech commented on how poor the adhesion was from the original adhesive, and there were spots were the adhesive clearly pulled away leaving clean paint underneath. That small overlap of adhesive at the bottom center of mine left a small gap too. My car's build date is Dec 10, 2020, so an early car.

The Safelite tech did a great job, and the fit is better now than before, with a more flush transition from the windshield to the roof. Seems quieter too, even without filling the gap like I did before.
your experience gives me hope that a reseal with more adhesive might improve my wind noise.

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag

Did you have the recall done before this? You should try and talk to your Ford dealer and see if they can clear your recall with this or inspect your car or something so you don't have to have the windshield pulled again.

EV Lab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
IB MME 4XE, Ford F-150, Honda Civic EV conversion
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
Did you have the recall done before this? You should try and talk to your Ford dealer and see if they can clear your recall with this or inspect your car or something so you don't have to have the windshield pulled again.
I had talked to them about my situation (cracked windshield) and they stated that I'd need to get the windshield replaced on my own, as they are only tasked with removing the old windshield, replacing the adhesive, and replacing the original windshield. I didn't want to do the roof recall until the windshield was done, as I wasn't sure what was involved, and figured if they were removing the roof, I wanted it be mated to an already finalized windshield to get the best fitment between the two.

So, no, I didn't have them do anything yet. Now I'll get the roof work done.

redrambha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford MachE Premium Extended RWD
Country flag
Apparently Ford has advised all dealers to do both recalls at the same time. They can’t any longer just to one or the other. Atleast that’s what my local dealer said. Scheduled here for early February. Will post here with updates. Keep me in your prayers.

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
Apparently Ford has advised all dealers to do both recalls at the same time. They can’t any longer just to one or the other. Atleast that’s what my local dealer said. Scheduled here for early February. Will post here with updates. Keep me in your prayers.
Makes sense to knock both out anyways. Make sure they keep an extra windshield on hand!

cdlemons

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition in Grabber Blue
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Not my car and don't know the video maker (found it browsing YouTube) but seeing this convinced me to get the recall done. Interesting to see it done.

Well, isn't that interesting. That's my car! Work was just done last week at Earnhardt Ford in Chandler, AZ. He did a good job, although I kinda wish he/they had put more plastic over the dash and seats because there are these dirty drip marks all over the place. Nothing a quick wipe down won't fix, but still. Kinda surreal watching your own car get worked on.
Sponsored