Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Well, the guy won’t win any videography awards, but it looks like he knows how to do glass. ???
Sponsored

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Well, isn't that interesting. That's my car! Work was just done last week at Earnhardt Ford in Chandler, AZ. He did a good job, although I kinda wish he/they had put more plastic over the dash and seats because there are these dirty drip marks all over the place. Nothing a quick wipe down won't fix, but still. Kinda surreal watching your own car get worked on.
I noticed the Earnhardt sticker and the AZ cloud plate and was curious if the owner would chime in here.

Welcome to the forum, Chip! Nice car.

How long did Earnhardt need your vehicle, and did they also perform the software updates?

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
Dealer told me that the issue wasn’t not enough adhesive but that the adhesive wasn’t sticking to the new clear coat they started using. This explains the need to scuff the painted flanges in the instructions. Just seems like an issue with the adhesive to me.

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach
Occupation
All uto glass tech
I can tell you the video sucks I made it lol just so you all know I just started making them. I just make them for new techs in the glass industry I am very experienced at auto glass not so much at making videos on a phone yes I did do it at Earnhardt I have done like 30 of these recalls so far along with the pano roof . I would honestly recommend to have the work done like on the blue one I did on the video the urethane just pulls off the body . Just so you know I have been installing auto glass over 30 years I take great in what I do . Thank you for the criticism on the filming lol I am just trying to help people out

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach
Occupation
All uto glass tech
Well, isn't that interesting. That's my car! Work was just done last week at Earnhardt Ford in Chandler, AZ. He did a good job, although I kinda wish he/they had put more plastic over the dash and seats because there are these dirty drip marks all over the place. Nothing a quick wipe down won't fix, but still. Kinda surreal watching your own car get worked on.
I only did the glass work Earnhardt had to put it all back together headliner after I was do I was very careful not to damage your car . I love these cars and the color of yours is beautiful.

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach
Occupation
All uto glass tech
I can tell you the video sucks I made it lol just so you all know I just started making them. I just make them for new techs in the glass industry I am very experienced at auto glass not so much at making videos on a phone yes I did do it at Earnhardt I have done like 30 of these recalls so far along with the pano roof . I would honestly recommend to have the work done like on the blue one I did on the video the urethane just pulls off the body . Just so you know I have been installing auto glass over 30 years I take great care in what I do . Thank you for the criticism on the filming lol I am just trying to help people out

skiingj

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium
Country flag
I can tell you the video sucks I made it lol just so you all know I just started making them. I just make them for new techs in the glass industry I am very experienced at auto glass not so much at making videos on a phone yes I did do it at Earnhardt I have done like 30 of these recalls so far along with the pano roof . I would honestly recommend to have the work done like on the blue one I did on the video the urethane just pulls off the body . Just so you know I have been installing auto glass over 30 years I take great in what I do . Thank you for the criticism on the filming lol I am just trying to help people out
No criticism here. Nice work and thank you for the very informative video.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Do you have video of the pano roof inspection/re-sealing process? I am just curious about the corrosion that is referenced in the recall and how the cleaning and re-sealing process works. ??

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Thanks for creating the video and joining this forum.

What do you think of this recall based on what you have seen when the windshield has been removed (and I guess when the panoramic roof has been lifted)?

When you have removed the windshield/lifted the pano roof, are you seeing insufficient amounts of sealant, or do you think most Mach-Es seem OK and that Ford is maybe just erring on the side of caution here?

cdlemons

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition in Grabber Blue
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I noticed the Earnhardt sticker and the AZ cloud plate and was curious if the owner would chime in here.

Welcome to the forum, Chip! Nice car.

How long did Earnhardt need your vehicle, and did they also perform the software updates?
Thank you! I really love this thing. I lucked out getting the First Edition. Apparently the Earnhardt family purchased two of them, drove them for about 400 miles and then sold them. I had an Infinite Blue ER RWD on order but got this one instead.

I took it in first thing in the morning on Tuesday 1/11 and picked it up first thing in the morning on Thursday 1/13, so they got it done in the two days as promised. They did get me a rental from Enterprise - a 2020 Ford Ranger Lariat. Beautiful vehicle but someone previous to me had really trashed it. Kinda sad.

Anyway, yes they did the software updates as well. No issues to report, although I could tell when they did the updates because I got alerts and warnings in my FordPass app...'Restraints indicator lamp warning', 'Pre-collision assist not available', and '12V battery fault, service soon'. Of course that could have also happened as they were putting the headliner and stuff back. But it was all clear and running great when I picked it up. The workmanship seemed great, and I really did a once over on it after reading some of the horror stories here on the forums.

This is the third Ford I have bought from Earnhardt and they have always taken good care of me. There was a snafu about a year ago where they had my 2013 Edge for almost two weeks because they couldn't track down the brake parts it needed. But I give them a break on that one because it was during the pandemic, chaos was the norm, and they actually did a good job keeping me updated. So I definitely recommend them!

cdlemons

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition in Grabber Blue
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I only did the glass work Earnhardt had to put it all back together headliner after I was do I was very careful not to damage your car . I love these cars and the color of yours is beautiful.
Thanks Max! I think you did an excellent job. I did tell the Earnhardt guys that they needed more plastic. ;)

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach
Occupation
All uto glass tech
Do you have video of the pano roof inspection/re-sealing process? I am just curious about the corrosion that is referenced in the recall and how the cleaning and re-sealing process works. ??
No I don't but it is very basic the dealership pulls the headliner and then I prep the metal that is exposed and I use like 2 to 3 tubes of urethane just on the pano . I do have to do one tomorrow I can take some pictures and post them here for you all if you want. Again I recommend it getting done just for the safety aspect it could be bad in a roll over or head on collision for any occupants of the vehicle

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach
Occupation
All uto glass tech
Thanks for creating the video and joining this forum.

What do you think of this recall based on what you have seen when the windshield has been removed (and I guess when the panoramic roof has been lifted)?

When you have removed the windshield/lifted the pano roof, are you seeing insufficient amounts of sealant, or do you think most Mach-Es seem OK and that Ford is maybe just erring on the side of caution here?
What I see is like an oily surface that any adhesive or primer wouldn't stick to . I really think this is a safety thing more than anything the Ford trucks have a recall for the same thing I have done alot of them too .

Reactions: ARK
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach
Occupation
All uto glass tech
Thanks Max! I think you did an excellent job. I did tell the Earnhardt guys that they needed more plastic. ;)
I understand that it is a major disassembly of your car like even rear seats are removed and thank you for the kind words I really enjoy working on the Mach E s

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
What I see is like an oily surface that any adhesive or primer wouldn't stick to . I really think this is a safety thing more than anything the Ford trucks have a recall for the same thing I have done alot of them too .

Thank you. What do you think that oily surface is? Like they tried to use some kind of alternative sealant and it turned out to not be a good product? Or some substance has somehow contaminated where the sealant goes, messing with the sealant's effectiveness?
Sponsored