First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach
Occupation
All uto glass tech
Thank you. What do you think that oily surface is? Like they tried to use some kind of alternative sealant and it turned out to not be a good product? Or some substance has somehow contaminated where the sealant goes, messing with the sealant's effectiveness?
I don't know it could be from the paint I have to scratch the pinch weld then clean it before I apply the primers to it I'll take some pictures of it tomorrow and show you all what I mean like a before and after for you guys
Sponsored

Reactions: ARK

Tampamike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium RWD
Country flag
I can tell you the video sucks I made it lol just so you all know I just started making them. I just make them for new techs in the glass industry I am very experienced at auto glass not so much at making videos on a phone yes I did do it at Earnhardt I have done like 30 of these recalls so far along with the pano roof . I would honestly recommend to have the work done like on the blue one I did on the video the urethane just pulls off the body . Just so you know I have been installing auto glass over 30 years I take great in what I do . Thank you for the criticism on the filming lol I am just trying to help people out
Hey, I thought it wasn’t bad. You’re obviously not an Oscar winning cinematographer, but how many of us are, anyway. I never knew how you guys get the windshields off - now I know. Thanks. A GoPro might help if you’re gonna make this a side hustle though.

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach
Occupation
All uto glass tech
Hey, I thought it wasn’t bad. You’re obviously not an Oscar winning cinematographer, but how many of us are, anyway. I never knew how you guys get the windshields off - now I know. Thanks. A GoPro might help if you’re gonna make this a side hustle though.
Or someone else holding a camera lol

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I can tell you the video sucks I made it lol just so you all know I just started making them. I just make them for new techs in the glass industry I am very experienced at auto glass not so much at making videos on a phone yes I did do it at Earnhardt I have done like 30 of these recalls so far along with the pano roof . I would honestly recommend to have the work done like on the blue one I did on the video the urethane just pulls off the body . Just so you know I have been installing auto glass over 30 years I take great in what I do . Thank you for the criticism on the filming lol I am just trying to help people out
I'm not in the industry and it was pretty clear that you are doing this to help other glass technicians. Really cool of you to do that.

Even so, I really enjoyed your video and gave it a thumbs up on YouTube along with several of your other videos. Keep up the great work. We don't often get to see our cars being worked on in this way.

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach
Occupation
All uto glass tech
I'm not in the industry and it was pretty clear that you are doing this to help other glass technicians. Really cool of you to do that.

Even so, I really enjoyed your video and gave it a thumbs up on YouTube along with several of your other videos. Keep up the great work. We don't often get to see our cars being worked on in this way.
Thank you very much

MustThee?

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach Premium E
Max, you are great at what really matters which is getting the job done right and at the same time making it educational. At least a lot of us got to see it being done and be hopeful that we all get someone as experienced to work on our cars. Mine is scheduled for February, ugh. Best wishes for your YouTube.

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach
Occupation
All uto glass tech
Max, you are great at what really matters which is getting the job done right and at the same time making it educational. At least a lot of us got to see it being done and be hopeful that we all get someone as experienced to work on our cars. Mine is scheduled for February, ugh. Best wishes for your YouTube.
Thank you very much ,as far as you tube I don't expect alot I'm just trying to put out some good info for techs

RyZt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E4X
Country flag
There’s also a wind noise TDB you might want to consider while having both of these recalls done.
I searched TDB on this forum and your post is the only one with the word in it? Can you share a pointer please?

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag

back_at_it_19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Job 1 GB FE and '22 Red Prem4x
Country flag
Well, isn't that interesting. That's my car! Work was just done last week at Earnhardt Ford in Chandler, AZ. He did a good job, although I kinda wish he/they had put more plastic over the dash and seats because there are these dirty drip marks all over the place. Nothing a quick wipe down won't fix, but still. Kinda surreal watching your own car get worked on.
nice. wish me luck next week in the Seattle area...

skiingj

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium
Country flag
I'm going to pass on these recalls for now. Too much can get screwed up. Ford customer service and the dealership service experience have not been good. I don't want to face issues and get more pissed off with Ford and the MME. I'll probably just give Ford the MME and the one fob back in two years. Ford options.... Ciao ciao.