MachSpeed

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ranger XLT 4x4 SuperCrew 2015 Mustang EcoBoost convertible
Country flag
How about a customizable audio track that loops. E.g. "Excuse me, coming thru, pardon me, <repeat>" or "Excuse me, coming thru, pregnant lady, <repeat>"

Here's some light-hearted sound effect ideas:
* Kitt scanning from Knight Rider.
* I know this was mentioned earlier, but check out this Jetsons clip
* Approaching train
* Call of Duty targeting approaching
* Tires screeching from braking and turning - this will get pedestrians attention!
How about the Star Trek Theme
Sponsored

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
Have not seen this mentioned for the Mach-e but Ford's upcoming PHEVs will have this.

https://www.engadget.com/2019/11/12/ford-explorer-escape-hybrid-alert-sounds/

The Clarity has a low sound below 20mph. It's very faint and I have sneaked up on kids on bikes or walking on my street. I have to be very careful.
I think it was jaguar (or another ev) that when testings various sounds found that a futuristic spaceship sound had people instinctively looking up, naturally that one was ruled out.

Whatstreet

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevrolet Volt, Ford Expedition
Occupation
Electronics Engineer
Country flag
My Volt has a pedestrian warning that sounds like a fan running. It's not very loud and I can't hear it inside the car. I would prefer a European siren.

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Edge Sport (tuned)
Country flag
How about a customizable audio track that loops. E.g. "Excuse me, coming thru, pardon me, <repeat>" or "Excuse me, coming thru, pregnant lady, <repeat>"

Here's some light-hearted sound effect ideas:
* Kitt scanning from Knight Rider.
* I know this was mentioned earlier, but check out this Jetsons clip
* Approaching train
* Call of Duty targeting approaching
* Tires screeching from braking and turning - this will get pedestrians attention!

We've been discussing the Mach E at work for the last few weeks. I mentioned about possible customizable sounds for the Mach E's engine speed and they were laughing at the idea of George Jetson's sounds.....

And we all got to thinking of the possibilities...

One dude said he would pay $100 to download a GT500 induction and rumble, or a package for different sounds. Someone mentioned a guitar solo as one passes by on the streets or flight of the bumble-bees... lol

The idea though, that Ford will be able to offer such things, is whats enticing.

Tony Alonso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Ford Mustang Bullitt, 2009 Ford Mustang Bullitt, 2019 Ford Mustang Bullitt, 2003 Ford Mustang Mach 1
Country flag
That's what Ford is marketing it as, even though it's around the Escape size. So for non-marketing purposes, it's more like a CUV or a fastback hatchback.
Having re-read the media release, I now see that is positioned as such.

Ace

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
modernmusclecars.de
Vehicles
2018 Camaro 2SS
Country flag
It is just me, or is the sound in the cabin way too silent? When you jump on the pedal it should sound way louder in the unbridled mode

Administrator

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
More on the fake generated sounds: https://www.motor1.com/news/383220/ford-mustang-mach-e-fake-noise/

We were privy to the faux noise during the Mach-E presentation and ride-along offered before the crossover’s official debut. The aural experience is something Mustang enthusiasts crave, and with electric power being silent, Ford saw fit to inject some V8 personality the only way it could. Depending on which drive mode you’re in, pressing the throttle delivers a subtle-yet-noticeable growl both inside and outside the car. It’s loudest in Unbridled mode – the liveliest drive setting for the Mach-E – and it’s completely quiet in Whisper mode as one would expect.

What’s interesting here is that the sound isn’t just a straight V8 tone. As explained by Ford’s Dave Pericak at the media preview, there’s a sci-fi element that draws inspiration from movies like Blade Runner and Batman, because who doesn’t want a car that sounds like the Batmobile? Apparently, Ford spent considerable time research trying to develop just the right “Mustang” sound for the Mach-E that wasn’t just a straight V8 burble. Because you know, that would just be tacky, right?

ejss

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Ford Focus
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
More on the fake generated sounds: https://www.motor1.com/news/383220/ford-mustang-mach-e-fake-noise/

We were privy to the faux noise during the Mach-E presentation and ride-along offered before the crossover’s official debut. The aural experience is something Mustang enthusiasts crave, and with electric power being silent, Ford saw fit to inject some V8 personality the only way it could. Depending on which drive mode you’re in, pressing the throttle delivers a subtle-yet-noticeable growl both inside and outside the car. It’s loudest in Unbridled mode – the liveliest drive setting for the Mach-E – and it’s completely quiet in Whisper mode as one would expect.

What’s interesting here is that the sound isn’t just a straight V8 tone. As explained by Ford’s Dave Pericak at the media preview, there’s a sci-fi element that draws inspiration from movies like Blade Runner and Batman, because who doesn’t want a car that sounds like the Batmobile? Apparently, Ford spent considerable time research trying to develop just the right “Mustang” sound for the Mach-E that wasn’t just a straight V8 burble. Because you know, that would just be tacky, right?
Oh hell yes to Blade Runner and Batmobile reference cues. Those are some spot on engineers for their cultural taste.

Whatstreet

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevrolet Volt, Ford Expedition
Occupation
Electronics Engineer
Country flag
This whole fake sound injected into the cabin is janky. My Volt makes a sound when it starts up and when it's shut off. It can be turned off but I have left it on as a notification of response to the command.

Sound for acceleration is just janky. Quiet is one of things I like about EV. This is minus points for including such a juvenile feature.

ejss

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Ford Focus
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
This whole fake sound injected into the cabin is janky. My Volt makes a sound when it starts up and when it's shut off. It can be turned off but I have left it on as a notification of response to the command.

Sound for acceleration is just janky. Quiet is one of things I like about EV. This is minus points for including such a juvenile feature.
You can turn it off (which is probably what I'll do most of the time).