Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
Here is a 12.4 video. The sound of the car next to it is pretty funny. Makes the Mach E sound like a v8! (Until the other car passes and you see where the sound is from:

Here is the autoX run. He was in the top 10.

All done at Ford Fest 2021.
Here are the official AutoX times. Seems better than a v6 Durango on a track if itā€™s hanging with Mustangs (including a 2020 GT500)

Ford Mustang Mach-E Videos: GTPE hits 1/4 mile in 12.3-12.4 and autocross videos 2C35504E-DCA2-431F-8B47-1944DB5672FC

Ford Mustang Mach-E Videos: GTPE hits 1/4 mile in 12.3-12.4 and autocross videos 618C622C-0241-4F20-85EA-E4E812D9943C

And someone else posted a 12.3 at 104 mph. Fastest so far:

Ford Mustang Mach-E Videos: GTPE hits 1/4 mile in 12.3-12.4 and autocross videos 07659899-F879-4E09-80EB-DB3364B9771C

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 4X, ā€˜14 SS Sedan tuned, ā€˜17 WRX tuned
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
Itā€™s official! Higher 1/4 mile trap speed than a 4X! Quicker 1/8th mile ET than a Y Performance! Quicker 0-60 than both! Faster autocross laps than a Durango V-6!
All GT owners rejoice, you can keep your order and/or not sell your GT. ??

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e GT, 2017 Raptor, Lightning (9/5 Build)
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Country flag
I just want to know who that driver is rocking the '98 ranger and hanging with everyone!

GT500R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y P
Country flag
Itā€™s official! Higher 1/4 mile trap speed than a 4X! Quicker 1/8th mile ET than a Y Performance! Quicker 0-60 than both! Faster autocross laps than a Durango V-6!
Wellā€¦.ALMOST as quick as a MYP in the 1/8. And the speedā€¦ well we know the speed canā€™t compare ?

11D6C137-4283-4136-81DB-3604D665AC4C.jpeg

CharleyCarlos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE In Production
Country flag
Getting interesting.

wheres the 0-60 info?

OP
OP
Mach1E

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Getting interesting.

wheres the 0-60 info?
Well, so far the fastest Y times are still faster than the fastest GTPE times. But we wonā€™t have any official times to compare until tomorrow.

Hopefully when the pro reviewers publish times at least we have something ā€œstandardizedā€ to compare.

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
Well, so far the fastest Y times are still faster than the fastest GTPE times. But we wonā€™t have any official times to compare until tomorrow.

Hopefully when the pro reviewers publish times at least we have something ā€œstandardizedā€ to compare.
At best we may get some other 0-60 times, from the location of the event, most will probably be giving impressions from the autocross track and then navigating around the one way system in the surrounding hills to make sure they have ample images with the golden gate bridge in the background. The chances of there being a group of GT/GTPE all driving north up the 101 and onto sears point rd heading to sonoma raceway is probably low.

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
Of more concern is what flavor of ford focus was also doing the autocross laps.

OP
OP
Mach1E

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
At best we may get some other 0-60 times, from the location of the event, most will probably be giving impressions from the autocross track and then navigating around the one way system in the surrounding hills to make sure they have ample images with the golden gate bridge in the background. The chances of there being a group of GT/GTPE all driving north up the 101 and onto sears point rd heading to sonoma raceway is probably low.
The reviewers got to take the cars for a week after the event.

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
The reviewers got to take the cars for a week after the event.
? hopefully some will post some real numbers and see if they match existing owners vehicles, rather than a series of pointless reviews that just quote manufacture figures.

OP
OP
Mach1E

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
? hopefully some will post some real numbers and see if they match existing owners vehicles, rather than a series of pointless reviews that just quote manufacture figures.
Looks like we got a series of pointless reviews. All from what I can tell they each got a couple hours with the car and then autoX.

I thought I saw on a video or read somewhere last week that they would get the car for a week after the event but now Iā€™m not sure.

Maybe they did and it does take time for to write, edit, review and then publish content so maybe the in depth stuff is coming and these are just the initial impressions from a week ago? Hereā€™s to hoping!

0t60-3.5

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-E GT PE, + ME Select AWD, '21 Explorer ST
Occupation
Tech Company Owner / CEO
Country flag
Here is a 12.4 video. The sound of the car next to it is pretty funny. Makes the Mach E sound like a v8! (Until the other car passes and you see where the sound is from:
The sound wasn't very clear, but didn't hear any tire squeal at launch. Probably good track prep. You can see the front end turn up like mine, but don't hear the tire squeal. Interesting. But still the initial numbers look about the same, but 60ft is 1.848 on this vs. mine at 1.99 seconds. Perhaps the last 1/8 mile had faster somehow - updated software? Higher SOC?

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
The mentions of wheel spin bring up a question in my canine head. Has anyone tried any sort of ā€œtrack prepā€ on their Mexican highways? Doesnā€™t have to be PJ-1 or VHT. A light spray of Coke is better than nothing. Racers have been using that in pit stalls since the ā€˜80s.

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
The mentions of wheel spin bring up a question in my canine head. Has anyone tried any sort of ā€œtrack prepā€ on their Mexican highways? Doesnā€™t have to be PJ-1 or VHT. A light spray of Coke is better than nothing. Racers have been using that in pit stalls since the ā€˜80s.
While I haven't had a chance to do any local launching tests over the full 1/4, as I have not had a chance to ventured near any of my local 'mexican highways' that are relatively flat, but from a dead straight launch I have not had any tire issues with the GTPE and surfaces round my way are very mixed in quality

Cornering however it is all to easy to get the fronts to squeal if you put the power down like you normally would in a AWD performance vehicle. Some of this will just require an adjustment to my driving style after all with a BEV you just can't hang on to one gear through a corner, but even with that in mind I think the tires are the weak point here..

The more manufactures start to make dedicated EV performance tires that don't just concentrate on range this should hopefully improve things.

I will be interested to see what sizes the pilot sport EV tires come in and if there is a direct replacement I suspect the use of a 8" wheel width rather than moving to a 8.5" will limit the options as there will probably be more 255 section width options available vs 245 :(
Sponsored