OP
Mach1E

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
12.37s @ 104mph. They were part of the Ft. Baker, CA Ford media event.

Screenshot_20211011-144701.png

Those time slips look awfully familiar…….. because they’re the identical ones from the first video I posted.

They’re from Ford Fest not the media event. I saw that they patched them into the media event review video, but my guess is it’s because they couldn’t/didn’t go to the drag strip at the media event.

Edit: at least in the video you posted they do admit who the driver is (Justin). Here is his FB post:

Ford Mustang Mach-E Videos: GTPE hits 1/4 mile in 12.3-12.4 and autocross videos 0BA58E40-ECCC-4310-B845-C2586534D2CD
Sponsored

Last edited:

0t60-3.5

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-E GT PE, + ME Select AWD, '21 Explorer ST
Occupation
Tech Company Owner / CEO
Country flag
The mentions of wheel spin bring up a question in my canine head. Has anyone tried any sort of “track prep” on their Mexican highways? Doesn’t have to be PJ-1 or VHT. A light spray of Coke is better than nothing. Racers have been using that in pit stalls since the ‘80s.
I've been holding this to release with another combined video, but haven't had the time in weeks to put that together. So here, everyone, enjoy, wheel spin on the Mach E GT Performance Edition in SLOW MOTION!

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 4X, ‘14 SS Sedan tuned, ‘17 WRX tuned
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
I've been holding this to release with another combined video, but haven't had the time in weeks to put that together. So here, everyone, enjoy, wheel spin on the Mach E GT Performance Edition in SLOW MOTION!

Yep, AWD front tires do that as weight transfers rearward on the initial launch. As soon as you get moving a bit and front suspension compresses the traction is back. Another reason to like a 30/70 or 40/60 front/rear bias rather than 50/50.

And nice slow mo btw!

Last edited:

0t60-3.5

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-E GT PE, + ME Select AWD, '21 Explorer ST
Occupation
Tech Company Owner / CEO
Country flag

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Those time slips look awfully familiar…….. because they’re the identical ones from the first video I posted.

They’re from Ford Fest not the media event. I saw that they patched them into the media event review video, but my guess is it’s because they couldn’t/didn’t go to the drag strip at the media event.

Edit: at least in the video you posted they do admit who the driver is (Justin). Here is his FB post:

Ford Mustang Mach-E Videos: GTPE hits 1/4 mile in 12.3-12.4 and autocross videos 0BA58E40-ECCC-4310-B845-C2586534D2CD
Yes, that's what I'm saying. The reviewers who did the quarter mile runs took part in Ford's media event. Sorry if I was unclear.

OP
OP
Mach1E

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
Yes, that's what I'm saying. The reviewers who did the quarter mile runs took part in Ford's media event. Sorry if I was unclear.
That’s the thing, I don’t think they did.

The 1/4 mile guy was an individual (Justin) who picked up their car from the dealership last week.

The reviewer (Evan) is someone else. Maybe he’s friends with Justin or something?

It doesn’t really matter either way. I just thought it was odd that they edited the video to make it sound like they did a 1/4 mile run as a part of the event, but it was really a different car, different driver and different day. Trickery! (But again, no big deal).

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag

The 1/4 mile guy was an individual (Justin) who picked up their car from the dealership last week.

The reviewer (Evan) is someone else. Maybe he’s friends with Justin or something?

It doesn’t really matter either way. I just thought it was odd that they edited the video to make it sound like they did a 1/4 mile run as a part of the event, but it was really a different car, different driver and different day. Trickery! (But again, no big deal).
Ah, ok.

Kevin P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MMEGT - sold, '23 BMW i4 M50, various others
Occupation
IT
Country flag

Justin Burcham is and has been pretty well-known in the ICE Mustang world for years. He owns JPC Racing: https://www.jpcracing.com/

Evan Smith is one of the original contributors, and later editors of, the now-defunct Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords magazines. They most certainly know each other.

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 4X, ‘14 SS Sedan tuned, ‘17 WRX tuned
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
Justin Burcham is and has been pretty well-known in the ICE Mustang world for years. He owns JPC Racing: https://www.jpcracing.com/

Evan Smith is one of the original contributors, and later editors of, the now-defunct Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords magazines. They most certainly know each other.
Haha, was gonna post this. Funny to see Revin’ Evan reviewing stuff on YouTube. Met him way back in the ‘90s at a True Street Mustang shootout at the Ennis, Texas Motorplex. MM&FF was The Mustang mag for a decade or so.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e GT, 2017 Raptor, Lightning (9/5 Build)
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Country flag
Just saw this interesting video that uses computer modeling based on the specs and results so far.

Kevin P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MMEGT - sold, '23 BMW i4 M50, various others
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Haha, was gonna post this. Funny to see Revin’ Evan reviewing stuff on YouTube. Met him way back in the ‘90s at a True Street Mustang shootout at the Ennis, Texas Motorplex. MM&FF was The Mustang mag for a decade or so.
I had pretty much EVERY MM&FF magazine in a couple of big boxes, at one point. It started in the early 90s, and peaked, I would say, in the early 2000s. Went the way of many magazines and disappeared completely around 5 years ago. I have met Evan as well. First time was at the initial "Spring Break Shootout" in Bradenton, Florida around 1995 or so.

jeffziss

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E GT Performance
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
Thanks for sharing the video and pics. I am the owner/driver of that car. To answer some of the questions. The Ranger was V8 swapped and the driver's backup auto-x car. The Focus had some mild mods and the guy drove the heck out of it. Everyone that finished higher than me in auto-x had stuff done to their cars. Two of the top 3 were built for auto-x I drove down on the P-Zeros from NH and sent it as it came from the factory. Yes, I need new tires with only 3800 miles on the car. On that same weekend, I was able to talk my way into doing some hot laps at NCM. I am still waiting for the Top 10 results to be announced for the event but the Grand Champion Event was auto-x, drag race and the "3S" challenge (short drag race, 180 degree turn, short drag race and stop in a box without hitting a cone). I'm pretty sure that I finished 7th overall in my grocery getter on street tires. The top 5 guys all got to do the 3S challenge in dry weather and then it down poured for the rest of us. If the rain started 15 minutes earlier, I think I would have finished top 5.

There was ZERO wheel spin on the drag strip. The track was prepped for the NMRA Nationals, so it was sticky! I launched with all of the nannies off in Unbridled Mode.

jeffziss

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E GT Performance
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
Here is a 12.4 video. The sound of the car next to it is pretty funny. Makes the Mach E sound like a v8! (Until the other car passes and you see where the sound is from:

Here is the autoX run. He was in the top 10.

All done at Ford Fest 2021.
Here are the official AutoX times. Seems better than a v6 Durango on a track if it’s hanging with Mustangs (including a 2020 GT500)

And someone else posted a 12.3 at 104 mph. Fastest so far:

glad you enjoyed the sound of the 532 big block galaxy! The guy was a great guy and his galaxy was ripping on the auto-x course too. Was fun watching something the twice the length of my car slide around the track.