JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
I was just playing with the whole cruise control, lane keeping, etc. stuff today.

Found out I have too light a touch on the steering wheel for the Mach-E as it kept nagging me to put my hands on the wheel.

Badger_Prof

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prior--Leaf,Bolt EV. Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
I was just playing with the whole cruise control, lane keeping, etc. stuff today.

Found out I have too light a touch on the steering wheel for the Mach-E as it kept nagging me to put my hands on the wheel.
Accelerate harder--that will make you grip the wheel!

RyZt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E4X
Country flag

That's a common problem. I ran into the same issue on Tesla and VW cars.

Attempts to solve this problem:
1. Ford Hands Free, GM Super Cruise, Nissan ProPilot 2.0, etc
2. VW capacitative steering wheel. It's similar to how your phone senses your touch input. Think of it as a large metal touch screen.

available_username2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cmax energi
Country flag
if thats the closest following distance it seems way too big. everyones going to be cutting in front of me

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag

I recently rented a Rav4 and it was the same way. I discovered though the longer I drove it I found a balance and didn't have an issue with it anymore.

BDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium
Country flag

Shouldn't be a problem in Q3 when you can go hands free.

BDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium
Country flag
He says in the video it can do stop and go, and speed sign recognition, but I thought both of those were in the update coming in Q3. Can anyone with a car confirm if either of those works? And by stop and go I mean resuming from a full stop without pressing a button to resume. He also says "full self driving is coming" which I am pretty sure is false. I don't even believe Elon when he says it ...

Badger_Prof

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prior--Leaf,Bolt EV. Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
He says in the video it can do stop and go, and speed sign recognition, but I thought both of those were in the update coming in Q3. Can anyone with a car confirm if either of those works? And by stop and go I mean resuming from a full stop without pressing a button to resume. He also says "full self driving is coming" which I am pretty sure is false. I don't even believe Elon when he says it ...
Both work now.

Reactions: BDC

mattbostonmache

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rav4
Country flag
There is no planned (or at least announced) full self driving.

Only handsfree intelligent cruise control on select divided highways.

jetermeyer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus NX 300H, Acura TLX
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
There is no planned (or at least announced) full self driving.

Only handsfree intelligent cruise control on select divided highways.

I see in all the videos the flashing infrared lights on the steering column. I assume you only see the flashing lights in the videos and they are not visible to the naked eye?

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
And by stop and go I mean resuming from a full stop without pressing a button to resume.
It depends how long you're stopped. If it's a short stop, the car can resume by itself without pressing anything. If it's a longer stop, you have to hit the resume button or tap the accelerator for it to resume.

I see in all the videos the flashing infrared lights on the steering column. I assume you only see the flashing lights in the videos and they are not visible to the naked eye?
Correct.

Reactions: BDC

Az MachE

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion
Country flag
That is correct, you will NOT see those flashing lights, they are due to the recording.

Jim Glass

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E First Edition, 2019 Audi Q5
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

As it should! It's not self driving... yet. Can you set the cruise control at e.g., 60 mph in a 50 mph area?

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
As it should! It's not self driving... yet. Can you set the cruise control at e.g., 60 mph in a 50 mph area?
Yes, even when Intelligent cruise is enabled.

The car has 3 settings:
  1. Normal Dumb cruise
  2. Automatic Cruise (Cruise with the radar/sensing to slow you down if the person in front slows down--all the way to a stop)
  3. Intelligent Automatic Cruise: Reads the stop signs to figure speed
#2 operates like you'd expect: Press the set button at the speed you want and it goes that fast. Toggling + or - speeds up or slows it down.

#3 operates similarly: Press set and it sets it to that speed until the speed limit changes (by changes the car reads a speed limit sign and notices that is different). Then the car will change the set speed to the reading on the sign + the tolerance (you can change the tolerance in a setting to both + and - values). You can hit the toggle up & down in this mode too to adjust your current setting.
Sponsored