Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicles
2012 Toyota Camry
Occupation
Architect
Country flag
212mi at 52degF in an extended AWD. You’re trying to give me a heart attack.

SashaLondon

First Name
Sasha
Reaction score
First Name
Sasha
Vehicles
Porsche Macan S, waiting MME AWD SR
Country flag
During my short time in the car, I found Hey Ford's abilities limited to infotainment. I'll try again next time but things like "Hey Ford, put me in unbridled mode" didn't seem to work. I didn't think to try "open the hatch".
This seems easy to add in an OTU

DaveRuns

Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Honda Accord: ORDERED: Mach E First Edition (Mach Drop -- From a Premium)
Country flag
I had that thought too. The ability to create "One-touch" icons from what would normally be multiple-touch menus. And maybe something like a toolbar (a 2nd line up from the bottom for custom icons).
I wonder if you could use a voice command to open the hatch/frunk?

Kamuelaflyer

Reaction score
Vehicles
Old
Country flag
During my short time in the car, I found Hey Ford's abilities limited to infotainment. I'll try again next time but things like "Hey Ford, put me in unbridled mode" didn't seem to work. I didn't think to try "open the hatch".
While I personally rather dislike voice commands for automobiles (or Siri, Alexa, Google ...). My little BB brain thinks that expanding voice command capabilities in the future via an OTA update to include the turn, frunk, or a variety of other things ("Select unbrideled" etc) should not be all that difficult to tie into the computer system controlling those functional, rather than infotainment, items.

Ciero

First Name
K
Reaction score
First Name
K
Vehicles
Mach E Premium Edition ordered, Explorer Sport, Edge Limited
Country flag
Is the frunk even capable of being opened digitally? I know it was mentioned it took two pulls to open from the inside, but did it feel like a physical release like how most hoods are?

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicles
Mach-E FE reserved, Nissan Leaf, Toyota Tacoma
Country flag
Is the frunk even capable of being opened digitally? I know it was mentioned it took two pulls to open from the inside, but did it feel like a physical release like how most hoods are?
There's a Frunk release on the fob.

agoldman

Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 volvo xc60 Polestar Plug-in. Mach E FE & GT on order
Country flag
There's a Frunk release on the fob.
I don't carry the FOB. The fact that we are even having this conversation indicates an uncessary problem. Not everything should be menu driven. Some things don't need to be fixed.

dbsb3233

First Name
Tim
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicles
2013 Escape Titanium, 2021 Mustang Mach-E FE (Red)
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I've wondered about that too. I've seen the pics of the fob that show a frunk release button, but the inside release (by the driver's left foot) sure looks like a spring lever. And in videos it sure looks and sounds like a manual release.

But since it's not an easy power lift like the tailgate, I don't expect to be using the frunk much anyway.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicles
Mach-E FE reserved, Nissan Leaf, Toyota Tacoma
Country flag
I've wondered about that too. I've seen the pics of the fob that show a frunk release button, but the inside release (by the driver's left foot) sure looks like a spring lever. And in videos it sure looks and sounds like a manual release.

But since it's not an easy power lift like the tailgate, I don't expect to be using the frunk much anyway.
Yes, the fob has a frunk button. I can confirm that the inside latch next to the door is mechanical. Considering the 12v battery and fuses are up there, you wouldn't want your only way in to be dependent on operating electronics.

dbsb3233

First Name
Tim
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicles
2013 Escape Titanium, 2021 Mustang Mach-E FE (Red)
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Yes, the fob has a frunk button. I can confirm that the inside latch next to the door is mechanical. Considering the 12v battery and fuses are up there, you wouldn't want your only way in to be dependent on operating electronics.
I guess that makes sense. But there should also be a way to use the nicer electronic release while sitting in the driver seat without digging into your pocket for the fob. Is there a frunk release on the menu screen?

ClaudeMach-E

First Name
Claude
Reaction score
First Name
Claude
Vehicles
Mustang Mach 3- Tempo- Malibu(3)-Actual Kia Sportage AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
What would you call the Frunk for those in the UK?

Froot (Front Boot)?
I call up our friends in EU infrench speaking countryu how we would call the frunk in french??

ClaudeMach-E

First Name
Claude
Reaction score
First Name
Claude
Vehicles
Mustang Mach 3- Tempo- Malibu(3)-Actual Kia Sportage AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

It is probably a generic Ford fob use with other cars that could have power hood.

Advertisement