scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 KIA EV6 GT, 2021 VW ID.4 Pro S
Occupation
former electric pony jockey
Country flag
Kyle Connor (Out of Spec Reviews) gives a very negative review of the VF8.

Kyle likes most cars if they let him drive them, so this thing must really suck, especially for how much they're apparently trying to charge for it...
Sponsored

MellowJohnny

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Solution Architect
Country flag
Kyle likes most cars if they let him drive them, so this thing must really suck, especially for how much they're apparently trying to charge for it...
Totally agree - Kyle likes everything, is generally enthusiastic about all things EV, and tends to find the Silver Linings in most cars. Unless they completely suck.

Best part is his 3/10 rating with the Vinfast guy still in the car!

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 KIA EV6 GT, 2021 VW ID.4 Pro S
Occupation
former electric pony jockey
Country flag
Totally agree - Kyle likes everything, is generally enthusiastic about all things EV, and tends to find the Silver Linings in most cars. Unless they completely suck.

Best part is his 3/10 rating with the Vinfast guy still in the car!
I think the Model Y Performance is cheaper now than the VF8 with only 180 mi of range, gotta wonder who is going to buy those cars they brought over and at what price....

azulejost

First Name
t
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Iced Blue Silver Premium Std Range RWD
Country flag
People said the Mazda MX-30 was a joke. At least that was an established automaker with existing dealer infrastructure and a good reputation. Unacceptably short range but pricing in the $30s, quality materials, modern-era construction and quality control.

This has fraud, waste, and abuse all over it. Somebody needs to investigate all of the tax breaks and incentives thrown toward this company that has absolutely no chance of being a competitive player here based on any of the first wave of honest, unfiltered press. If 87 kWh (or 70-82 usable or maybe 91 gross) yields 179 mi range and it wasn’t tested on some horrible cold sink, <30F weather with climate set to 80F situation, I can’t see how this can be competitive at all.

It’s amazing how much is unclear either intentional Vinfast-fed misinformation or unintentional confusion as they’ve changed from the battery subscription to purchase plus changed the estimated range for the new city version while the other trims still await official numbers. All of this for a car the company has already brought almost 1000 to sell here.

It’s embarrassing and unprofessional and the execs that just blew all this money trying to buy favor into the US marketplace seem to be well on their way to failing here. As a NC resident, I’d really like to know the back room political deals that got all this announcement for the factory in this state. They seemingly tried to buy off the journalists on their vacation/first experience trip to Vietnam and undoubtedly politicians were happy to lap up their money just like the $7000 bottles of whiskey Kyle mentioned. Disgraceful. I can’t wait until the whole company is out of the US.

There is zero reason to buy this over any current EV offering. Sorry if anyone is buying it, but if you put down a deposit/reservation I hope you can get a refund and maybe join a class action lawsuit to destroy this sham.

voxel

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
People said the Mazda MX-30 was a joke. At least that was an established automaker with existing dealer infrastructure and a good reputation. Unacceptably short range but pricing in the $30s, quality materials, modern-era construction and quality control.

This has fraud, waste, and abuse all over it. Somebody needs to investigate all of the tax breaks and incentives thrown toward this company that has absolutely no chance of being a competitive player here based on any of the first wave of honest, unfiltered press. If 87 kWh (or 70-82 usable or maybe 91 gross) yields 179 mi range and it wasn’t tested on some horrible cold sink, <30F weather with climate set to 80F situation, I can’t see how this can be competitive at all.

It’s amazing how much is unclear either intentional Vinfast-fed misinformation or unintentional confusion as they’ve changed from the battery subscription to purchase plus changed the estimated range for the new city version while the other trims still await official numbers. All of this for a car the company has already brought almost 1000 to sell here.

It’s embarrassing and unprofessional and the execs that just blew all this money trying to buy favor into the US marketplace seem to be well on their way to failing here. As a NC resident, I’d really like to know the back room political deals that got all this announcement for the factory in this state. They seemingly tried to buy off the journalists on their vacation/first experience trip to Vietnam and undoubtedly politicians were happy to lap up their money just like the $7000 bottles of whiskey Kyle mentioned. Disgraceful. I can’t wait until the whole company is out of the US.

There is zero reason to buy this over any current EV offering. Sorry if anyone is buying it, but if you put down a deposit/reservation I hope you can get a refund and maybe join a class action lawsuit to destroy this sham.
I’m so glad I didn’t convert my VF9 reservation into a non refundable one (which you had to do to capture the $7500 discount if VinFast doesn’t qualify for the tax credit). I’m hoping NC residents that VinFast flops quickly now and doesn’t build the factory with government subsidies - only to fail shortly after.
Sponsored