Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Had my son drive while I borrowed his selfie stick and took video of my decorated wheels. I just had to see how they looked and I am in love with the overall effect.

See the full build thread @ https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...club-and-forming-the-green-goblin-club.16970/

Updated with lighted wheel center caps videos:

PS. I can now suddenly see the videos on my iPhone.

.editted by the mods to combine my two wheels threads. Thank You for keeping my scatterbrain organized.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Rdonlon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E
Occupation
POP @FORD
Country flag
That looks fucking awesome. How'd you go about getting it done?

OP
OP
Murse-In-Airy

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
That looks fucking awesome. How'd you go about getting it done?
First I took the wheels and got them powder coated all black.
I ordered a bunch of the same vinyl that I was getting my car wrapped in.
When I got them back I borrowed my kids crayons and a sheet of paper. It was like elementary school arts and crafts. I did a crayon rubbing of the spokes to get a pattern.
Then I took that pattern and some of the vinyl to my friendā€™s place who has a Cricut machine. He scanned my crayon rubbing and used it as a pattern and the machine cut the vinyl while we drank beer.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Vinyl accented wheels and lighted center caps in action. 78002FD9-EC4D-40BC-8941-483B6A00E0E7

With freshly powder coated wheels I cleaned them further with alcohol and laid the vinyl over the spokes. When I got the car back from vinyl I had 4 wheels to pick from to like up next to the car.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Vinyl accented wheels and lighted center caps in action. 4BF7128D-BBCC-4BC3-BED6-A9823FA71AA0

So I lined these up next to the car. And my wife helped me pick which one was cool but NOT TOO over the top. I liked the one on the right by itself, but with the green car it was a little too much green. (As if the car isnā€™t a little too much in most peopleā€™s opinions anyway šŸ¤£).
So thatā€™s my story. The end.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Murse-In-Airy

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
While getting videos of my wheel accents yesterday, I also captured video of the lighted pony center caps in action.

Last edited by a moderator:

OP
OP
Murse-In-Airy

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag

PalsyWalsy

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus 400H, Lexus 300H, Buick Enclave, Mach E GT
Occupation
School Administration
Country flag
First I took the wheels and got them powder coated all black.
I ordered a bunch of the same vinyl that I was getting my car wrapped in.
When I got them back I borrowed my kids crayons and a sheet of paper. It was like elementary school arts and crafts. I did a crayon rubbing of the spokes to get a pattern.
Then I took that pattern and some of the vinyl to my friendā€™s place who has a Cricut machine. He scanned my crayon rubbing and used it as a pattern and the machine cut the vinyl while we drank beer.
78002FD9-EC4D-40BC-8941-483B6A00E0E7.jpeg

With freshly powder coated wheels I cleaned them further with alcohol and laid the vinyl over the spokes. When I got the car back from vinyl I had 4 wheels to pick from to like up next to the car.
4BF7128D-BBCC-4BC3-BED6-A9823FA71AA0.jpeg

So I lined these up next to the car. And my wife helped me pick which one was cool but NOT TOO over the top. I liked the one on the right by itself, but with the green car it was a little too much green. (As if the car isnā€™t a little too much in most peopleā€™s opinions anyway šŸ¤£).
So thatā€™s my story. The end.
Funny, I have been racking my brain on how I might change the color of my GT wheels (the chrome parts) by trying it out with vinyl before deciding to go powder coat. I came up with no good way to keep clean lines that would not be too tedious. The cricket never even rossed my mind and my wife has TWO of these damn things!

With your "a fifth grader is clearly smarter than me" crafting technique (crayon rubbing), it looks like my project will now move forward....

OP
OP
Murse-In-Airy

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Funny, I have been racking my brain on how I might change the color of my GT wheels (the chrome parts) by trying it out with vinyl before deciding to go powder coat. I came up with no good way to keep clean lines that would not be too tedious. The cricket never even rossed my mind and my wife has TWO of these damn things!

With your "a fifth grader is clearly smarter than me" crafting technique, it looks like my project will now move forward....
Crayon rubbings. Youā€™re welcome. šŸ¤£

Not sure Iā€™ve ever mentioned on here that my wife is a special ed teacher. Thereā€™s a reason she knows how to deal with me. 47 years old, working on a $70K advanced tech car and I come up with crayon rubbings.

PalsyWalsy

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus 400H, Lexus 300H, Buick Enclave, Mach E GT
Occupation
School Administration
Country flag

Not sure Iā€™ve ever mentioned on here that my wife is a special ed teacher. Thereā€™s a reason she knows how to deal with me. 47 years old, working on a $70K advanced tech car and I come up with crayon rubbings.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Vinyl accented wheels and lighted center caps in action. 46eb307a-d68d-4032-958f-855014ea130d_text

(and he is green too)

ripperAZ

First Name
Ripper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ice White Mustang Mach E AWD EX BATT
Country flag
Damn. That is sweet. I am gonna have to retire soon and get to work on my MachE. Really creative. Well Done Mate!

jes sayin

OP
OP
Murse-In-Airy

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Damn. That is sweet. I am gonna have to retire soon and get to work on my MachE. Really creative. Well Done Mate!

jes sayin
Thank You so much for the compliment. Itā€™s been fun. First time Iā€™ve ever had a car Iā€™ve cared about more than as a tool for transportation. And thankfully Iā€™m financially secure enough to do what I want.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag

Yeah, but I also bet she calls you ā€œRod the Bod.ā€ šŸ¤ŖšŸ©

OP
OP
Murse-In-Airy

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation