MrRossKeys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E First Edition
Country flag
I have a separate thread detailing the struggle deciding an available Mach E color : https://www.macheforum.com/site/posts/82790/

As such, I have it in my mind that I will opt for stripes and/or a full vinyl wrap with a new exterior color when I take delivery of the Mach E. I honestly hope to LOVE whatever color I ultimately go with to save money and just do a ceramic coat and call it a day...

...But if not, I will be excited to choose the perfect aftermarket color for what is otherwise a car I really like and plan to keep for a long time.

So let's use this space to post images and ideas of color alterations. If you are planning stripes or a full body makeover share the details of your project(s).

Here's a bunch of colors I've created in photoshop that I think should/could have been offered with the Mach E. If you like any of these let me know!

p.s. All the names listed below are made-up names and aren't references to any other vehicles.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Vinyl Wrap, Paint, Stripes and other Mach-E Exterior Color Alteration Thread [IDEAS + Projects] Apple Green

APPLE GREEN

Ford Mustang Mach-E Vinyl Wrap, Paint, Stripes and other Mach-E Exterior Color Alteration Thread [IDEAS + Projects] Bolder Blue

BOLDER BLUE

Ford Mustang Mach-E Vinyl Wrap, Paint, Stripes and other Mach-E Exterior Color Alteration Thread [IDEAS + Projects] CC Orange

CANDYCORN ORANGE

Ford Mustang Mach-E Vinyl Wrap, Paint, Stripes and other Mach-E Exterior Color Alteration Thread [IDEAS + Projects] Crown Royal

CROWN ROYAL

Ford Mustang Mach-E Vinyl Wrap, Paint, Stripes and other Mach-E Exterior Color Alteration Thread [IDEAS + Projects] Dutch Purple

DUTCH PURPLE

Ford Mustang Mach-E Vinyl Wrap, Paint, Stripes and other Mach-E Exterior Color Alteration Thread [IDEAS + Projects] Fanthom Peach

PHANTOM PEACH

Ford Mustang Mach-E Vinyl Wrap, Paint, Stripes and other Mach-E Exterior Color Alteration Thread [IDEAS + Projects] Knight Metal

KNIGHT METAL

Ford Mustang Mach-E Vinyl Wrap, Paint, Stripes and other Mach-E Exterior Color Alteration Thread [IDEAS + Projects] Knight Purple

KNIGHT PURPLE

Ford Mustang Mach-E Vinyl Wrap, Paint, Stripes and other Mach-E Exterior Color Alteration Thread [IDEAS + Projects] Metal Mermaid

METAL MERMAID

Ford Mustang Mach-E Vinyl Wrap, Paint, Stripes and other Mach-E Exterior Color Alteration Thread [IDEAS + Projects] Ocean Blue

OCEAN BLUE

Ford Mustang Mach-E Vinyl Wrap, Paint, Stripes and other Mach-E Exterior Color Alteration Thread [IDEAS + Projects] Original Red

RAPID RED [an actual Mach-E Color]

Ford Mustang Mach-E Vinyl Wrap, Paint, Stripes and other Mach-E Exterior Color Alteration Thread [IDEAS + Projects] PinkBerry

PINKBERRY

Ford Mustang Mach-E Vinyl Wrap, Paint, Stripes and other Mach-E Exterior Color Alteration Thread [IDEAS + Projects] Pusher Red

PUSHER RED

Ford Mustang Mach-E Vinyl Wrap, Paint, Stripes and other Mach-E Exterior Color Alteration Thread [IDEAS + Projects] Racer Yellow

RACER YELLOW

Ford Mustang Mach-E Vinyl Wrap, Paint, Stripes and other Mach-E Exterior Color Alteration Thread [IDEAS + Projects] Town Brown

TOWN BROWN

Ford Mustang Mach-E Vinyl Wrap, Paint, Stripes and other Mach-E Exterior Color Alteration Thread [IDEAS + Projects] Tracker Green

TRACKER GREEN

Ford Mustang Mach-E Vinyl Wrap, Paint, Stripes and other Mach-E Exterior Color Alteration Thread [IDEAS + Projects] Vibrant Breeze

VIBRANT BREEZE

Ford Mustang Mach-E Vinyl Wrap, Paint, Stripes and other Mach-E Exterior Color Alteration Thread [IDEAS + Projects] Winter Green

WINTER GREEN

S.B.

First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Wow! Awesome colors. I keep thinking of shoes or (mock) turtlenecks in which case I would buy multiple colors when I like a style. Wish I could switch up my MME regularly to all these colors —but then again my real life IB’s playful color variation will give my eye some variety to keep me happy. I agonized all the first day over color and almost put a down payment on two cars. I decided to just make a decision and stick with it, however. ..Really have grown to like all the choices of the MME color palate. The vehicle itself is so beautiful it looks great in any and all colors.

S.B.

First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Just had a thought... @MrRossKeys, could you make a rendition of the MME in the shade of pink that Ford uses for “Warriors in Pink” merchandising.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Vinyl Wrap, Paint, Stripes and other Mach-E Exterior Color Alteration Thread [IDEAS + Projects] 1610106553687
MerryBrown, in honor of our sisters. ❤

OP
OP
MrRossKeys

MrRossKeys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
For Carbonized Gray, i’m thinking that if I keep the main car color and just add stripes that I would probably go for either black or red stripes.

it’s hard to fully imagine where to place them on the Mach E. Maybe i’ll try a photoshop render at some point.

A5ACE1E5-5815-4E46-9983-25D577836814.jpeg

19B2ADDC-F0F4-41FE-934A-9450031093C5.jpeg

D8FE34C3-6293-4656-B453-D2B2D0E080A4.jpeg

BlueMach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E Vinyl Wrap, Paint, Stripes and other Mach-E Exterior Color Alteration Thread [IDEAS + Projects] 1610147509688
Ford Mustang Mach-E Vinyl Wrap, Paint, Stripes and other Mach-E Exterior Color Alteration Thread [IDEAS + Projects] 1610147518434

Those two are AWESOME! I'd love either one of 'em.

The green reminds me of a metallic version of Need for Green that they did on the S550 Mustang a few years ago (but in "we know style better than you do" style, FORCED you to get the ugly black stripe with it, couldn't get the paint without stripes)

Ford Mustang Mach-E Vinyl Wrap, Paint, Stripes and other Mach-E Exterior Color Alteration Thread [IDEAS + Projects] 1610147716276

At least with a wrap you can skip the stripes!

Ideally I'd like something close to Grabber Yellow from the 2021 MY S550:

Ford Mustang Mach-E Vinyl Wrap, Paint, Stripes and other Mach-E Exterior Color Alteration Thread [IDEAS + Projects] 1610147669551

What holds me up is that as it stands, I paid extra for a First Edition in order to get Grabber Blue, so I'm very hesitant to pay even more to cover it up.

The other thing I worry about is when you can see the original color - how can the door jambs, bottom of the hood, hinges, etc. be accurately covered up in the new color? I don't know.

OP
OP
MrRossKeys

MrRossKeys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
If I could get a Grabber Blue premium I wouldn’t wrap it. I actually like that color the most.

I’m considering that yellow color as the color I go with out of all the options I shared. I really like it.

maybe for the door jambs etc would look best if a black car was wrapped. That way they just look like the other sections of black that are visible ??‍♂

BlueMach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
If I could get a Grabber Blue premium I wouldn’t wrap it. I actually like that color the most.

I’m considering that yellow color as the color I go with out of all the options I shared. I really like it.

maybe for the door jambs etc would look best if a black car was wrapped. That way they just look like the other sections of black that are visible ??‍♂
That's actually brilliant. I have never seriously considered the thought of buying a car in a non "color" so it actually never occurred to me that wrapping a black car might make the exposed parts not obviously "wrong" when the doors are opened or the hood is open. For me, Mach-E is Infinite Blue, Rapid Red, Cyber Orange, or Grabber Blue. The rest of the colors have never entered into my decision making process.

I'll have to think about this more... fortunately/unfortunately my Grabber Blue First Edition is being built today, I don't know if I want to go to the back of the line for a black Premium RWD even though it'd be a pretty penny saved that could pay for the wrap.

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
That's actually brilliant. I have never seriously considered the thought of buying a car in a non "color" so it actually never occurred to me that wrapping a black car might make the exposed parts not obviously "wrong" when the doors are opened or the hood is open. For me, Mach-E is Infinite Blue, Rapid Red, Cyber Orange, or Grabber Blue. The rest of the colors have never entered into my decision making process.

I'll have to think about this more... fortunately/unfortunately my Grabber Blue First Edition is being built today, I don't know if I want to go to the back of the line for a black Premium RWD even though it'd be a pretty penny saved that could pay for the wrap.
I've got a shadow black on order that's being built this week. Want to trade? :p
(Grabber blue is my favorite color, followed closely by black).

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
Punisher Red sounds & looks good to me (changing pusher.) Nice work. Quite a few I would have gone with there.

rplinpa

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Business owner
Country flag
What is the downside of a wrap and ceramic coating? I have a Gabber Blue coming and thought it would protect it. Is there more to be considered?

stroszek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Saab 92x
Country flag
If you just want to protect it and are fine with Grabber Blue get PPF instead.

tomterky

First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Mustang Pony Edition Convertible; 2021 Mach E
Country flag
How much do wraps usually go for??

jlauro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue AWD ER Mach-E
Country flag
I was quoted a little over $4000 fo the entire package of XPEL film plus ceramic coating. This is what they call the "ultimate" package. https://www.rosedetailing.com Wrap by itself is less than that.
Wrap by itself will only last ~5-7 years. Depending on the type of ceramic coating, it may or may not increase the life of the wrap. Unlike paint, you will get cracks and fading in the wrap as it ages.
Sponsored