Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Business owner
Country flag
Wrap by itself will only last ~5-7 years. Depending on the type of ceramic coating, it may or may not increase the life of the wrap. Unlike paint, you will get cracks and fading in the wrap as it ages.
Thanks for that. I did not know this. My car will be in a garage the whole time, but the last thing I want is something that will need to be stripped off 7-10 years from now and redone. You've given me something to think about.

Are there other opinions on this?
Sponsored

Last edited:

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Wrap by itself will only last ~5-7 years. Depending on the type of ceramic coating, it may or may not increase the life of the wrap. Unlike paint, you will get cracks and fading in the wrap as it ages.
Isn't a wrap like PPF ? Or there are differences that the wrap is going to crack?

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Some nice colors - would love to have a few of these on my MME

Rocky29670

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid (Sold), 2013 Ford Fusion (borrowing until MME gets here), Mustang Mach E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
For Carbonized Gray, i’m thinking that if I keep the main car color and just add stripes that I would probably go for either black or red stripes.

it’s hard to fully imagine where to place them on the Mach E. Maybe i’ll try a photoshop render at some point.

A5ACE1E5-5815-4E46-9983-25D577836814.jpeg

19B2ADDC-F0F4-41FE-934A-9450031093C5.jpeg

D8FE34C3-6293-4656-B453-D2B2D0E080A4.jpeg
I'd love to see what something like these orange racing stripes on a silver MME would look like.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Vinyl Wrap, Paint, Stripes and other Mach-E Exterior Color Alteration Thread [IDEAS + Projects] 4acba123954160dc01771b5f76e7b175

Ford Mustang Mach-E Vinyl Wrap, Paint, Stripes and other Mach-E Exterior Color Alteration Thread [IDEAS + Projects] XVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmltYWdlLm9wZXJhdGlvbnMiXX0

Ford Mustang Mach-E Vinyl Wrap, Paint, Stripes and other Mach-E Exterior Color Alteration Thread [IDEAS + Projects] 87b33b28e77de7065c50d1b7302bfd26

jlauro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue AWD ER Mach-E
Country flag
Isn't a wrap like PPF ? Or there are differences that the wrap is going to crack?
PPF is thicker, and last longer, as much as 10 years. It also has the advantage that as it's clear it's not as noticeable if there are any issues because it's clear you don't have the high contrast of a different color on top if there are any hairline cracks as it ages.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
PPF is thicker, and last longer, as much as 10 years. It also has the advantage that as it's clear it's not as noticeable if there are any issues because it's clear you don't have the high contrast of a different color on top if there are any hairline cracks as it ages.
Ok got it thanks

OP
OP
MrRossKeys

MrRossKeys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E First Edition
Country flag
As time has passed I think Knight Purple is definitely sick, and would be my choice for wrapping.

Funny thing is, I’ve finally seen many of the original colors in person, and honestly they all look better in person except the Grabber Blue (which still looks good, but just not a huge improvement in person). The Gray and Red FE’s look really nice as is.

Once I take delivery i’ll decide if they should be wrapped (Knight Purple equivalent) or if I’ll just do stripes.

Fun times!

Knight purple is sick. In a good way.

JimmyL

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Honda Accord EXLN Hybrid
Occupation
Retired / Relaxing to the max.
Country flag
I have a separate thread detailing the struggle deciding an available Mach E color : https://www.macheforum.com/site/posts/82790/

As such, I have it in my mind that I will opt for stripes and/or a full vinyl wrap with a new exterior color when I take delivery of the Mach E. I honestly hope to LOVE whatever color I ultimately go with to save money and just do a ceramic coat and call it a day...

...But if not, I will be excited to choose the perfect aftermarket color for what is otherwise a car I really like and plan to keep for a long time.

So let's use this space to post images and ideas of color alterations. If you are planning stripes or a full body makeover share the details of your project(s).

Here's a bunch of colors I've created in photoshop that I think should/could have been offered with the Mach E. If you like any of these let me know!

p.s. All the names listed below are made-up names and aren't references to any other vehicles.

Apple Green.jpg

APPLE GREEN

Bolder Blue.jpg

BOLDER BLUE

CC Orange.jpg

CANDYCORN ORANGE

Crown Royal.jpg

CROWN ROYAL

Dutch Purple.jpg

DUTCH PURPLE

Fanthom Peach.jpg

PHANTOM PEACH

Knight Metal.jpg

KNIGHT METAL

Knight Purple.jpg

KNIGHT PURPLE

Metal Mermaid.jpg

METAL MERMAID

Ocean Blue.png

OCEAN BLUE

Original Red.jpg

RAPID RED [an actual Mach-E Color]

PinkBerry.jpg

PINKBERRY

Pusher Red.jpg

PUSHER RED

Racer Yellow.jpg

RACER YELLOW

Town Brown.jpg

TOWN BROWN

Tracker Green.jpg

TRACKER GREEN

Vibrant Breeze.jpg

VIBRANT BREEZE

Winter Green.jpg

WINTER GREEN
I have a separate thread detailing the struggle deciding an available Mach E color : https://www.macheforum.com/site/posts/82790/

As such, I have it in my mind that I will opt for stripes and/or a full vinyl wrap with a new exterior color when I take delivery of the Mach E. I honestly hope to LOVE whatever color I ultimately go with to save money and just do a ceramic coat and call it a day...

...But if not, I will be excited to choose the perfect aftermarket color for what is otherwise a car I really like and plan to keep for a long time.

So let's use this space to post images and ideas of color alterations. If you are planning stripes or a full body makeover share the details of your project(s).

Here's a bunch of colors I've created in photoshop that I think should/could have been offered with the Mach E. If you like any of these let me know!

p.s. All the names listed below are made-up names and aren't references to any other vehicles.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Vinyl Wrap, Paint, Stripes and other Mach-E Exterior Color Alteration Thread [IDEAS + Projects] 87b33b28e77de7065c50d1b7302bfd26

APPLE GREEN

BOLDER BLUE

CANDYCORN ORANGE

CROWN ROYAL

DUTCH PURPLE

PHANTOM PEACH

KNIGHT METAL

KNIGHT PURPLE

METAL MERMAID

OCEAN BLUE

RAPID RED [an actual Mach-E Color]

PINKBERRY

PUSHER RED

RACER YELLOW

TOWN BROWN

TRACKER GREEN

VIBRANT BREEZE

WINTER GREEN
I really like the Ocean Blue . . . Nice.

dml105

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Shadowfax, the Star White Tricoated Metallic Pony
Country flag
I have a star white metallic premium coming. I’ve never been really satisfied with the colors except for grabber blue, but didn’t get in in time for an FE.
I would consider racing stripes.
I’m also thinking of getting grabber blue caliper covers if I can find some.

aamyotte

First Name
Alain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
I love that winter green. Reminds me of my '01 Bullitt. Unfortunately the purchase of the car would leave no $ left to do the wrap. I priced it out and came to $3,500 CAD plus tax.

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
I would love to see a mock up of a Mach E in the Gulf Oil paint scheme

buffasnow

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE, 85 Mustang GT (pasturized)
Country flag
I was quoted a little over $4000 for the entire package of XPEL film plus ceramic coating. This is what they call the "ultimate" package. https://www.rosedetailing.com Wrap by itself is less than that.
Are you saying you got a quote for XPEL Ultimate PPF (10 yr warranty) on the entire vehicle plus OptiCoat Pro+ ceramic (7 year guarantee) on the whole vehicle for $4K?

My quote is ~$2100 for this PPF on the front end plus mirrors, bumper, and $ 1400 for Pro+ ceramic on the whole car. Rough guess from the installer was $4K+ for PPF on the entire vehicle, but could not give an accurate number until the MME measurements are in the Xpel database.

$4K for full PPF and ceramic would seem to be an outstanding value.

rplinpa

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Business owner
Country flag
Are you saying you got a quote for XPEL Ultimate PPF (10 yr warranty) on the entire vehicle plus OptiCoat Pro+ ceramic (7 year guarantee) on the whole vehicle for $4K?

My quote is ~$2100 for this PPF on the front end plus mirrors, bumper, and $ 1400 for Pro+ ceramic on the whole car. Rough guess from the installer was $4K+ for PPF on the entire vehicle, but could not give an accurate number until the MME measurements are in the Xpel database.

$4K for full PPF and ceramic would seem to be an outstanding value.
Yes, that was the final quote fo everything. The "catch" is they do not yet have the template fo the car yet, so it has to be done from scratch. Not having the car or a template, they quoted me a mid-sized car., they said. I have the quote in writing. This is what they call the "ultimate" package. https://www.rosedetailing.com

buffasnow

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE, 85 Mustang GT (pasturized)
Country flag
Yes, that was the final quote fo everything. The "catch" is they do not yet have the template fo the car yet, so it has to be done from scratch. Not having the car or a template, they quoted me a mid-sized car., they said. I have the quote in writing. This is what they call the "ultimate" package. https://www.rosedetailing.com
Hmmm, about 200 miles from Bflo to Carlisle.......could be the first road trip if they give me the same number! Thanks!
Sponsored