Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Good post. I noticed this too when the manual was published. I run through the car washes every couple weeks so this is good for folks to practice.

Plutoman15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Excursion, Expedition
Country flag
I have had this question as well for automatic car washes that pulls you can on a track.
But I think the above is to keep it in neutral if you get out of the car. Maybe I am wrong but that was the impression I got. I am assuming as long as you are in the drivers seat you can go through a car wash just putting it in neutral.

Can anyone confirm this?

OP
OP
Regularmache

Regularmache

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
Country flag
Good info. But personally - I am NEVER going to take the Mach-E through a car wash. Maybe a touchless in the winter or stall with a wand when I can't hand-wash.
I'm the same way but they keep building new Car Washes around us like 2 or 3 a year and we're a small city! A lot of people must use them.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
I have had this question as well for automatic car washes that pulls you can on a track.
But I think the above is to keep it in neutral if you get out of the car. Maybe I am wrong but that was the impression I got. I am assuming as long as you are in the drivers seat you can go through a car wash just putting it in neutral.

Can anyone confirm this?
That is correct: If you are sitting in the car just put it in neutral.

(In the Bolt I'll sometimes shift it back into 1-P mode because it will then regen through the car wash. Granted I don't get many kWh from it but its fun to "steal" some electricity from the car wash. I don't think this would work in the Mach-E because it will actually hit the brakes in 1-P mode to bring you to a stop.)

Marcel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Woodworker

Can anyone confirm this?
Just don't forget to switch off the "Auto-Hold" function otherwise your brakes stay on....

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I am very worried that a car wash attendant will forget to press L after putting it in N and the car will go into Park on the conveyor belt once they exit. Most car washes in SoCal are the kind where you have to get out.

Marcel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Woodworker
I don’t think that’s the case in neutral.
in my e-Golf the Auto-Hold is engaged after you brake and stays engaged until you accelerate....when i stop at home and start the car it is always in Auto-Hold. But maybe the MME does it differently

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
in my e-Golf the Auto-Hold is engaged after you brake and stays engaged until you accelerate....
Does it stay engaged if you shift to neutral? In my current car, auto-hold disengages as soon as you shift out of drive.
Sponsored