Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Over the past month, I’ve noticed that sometimes, voice commands aren’t working. By this I mean I’ll press the voice command button and give a command such as “tune first wave” or “temperature 72 degrees” and the system won’t understand the command. Voice commands will continue to not be understood until the car is turned off, then on. Then voice commands are understood again. Anyone else notice this? There doesn’t seem to be a pattern to this behavior. It’s almost as if it’s not loading the voice patterns or something (I’m not sure how voice recognition works. I’m sure it’s some kind of neural network.)
Sponsored

krafty81

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME AWD EX Premium, 2023 Lexus RX350h
Country flag
Over the past month, I’ve noticed that sometimes, voice commands aren’t working. By this I mean I’ll press the voice command button and give a command such as “tune first wave” or “temperature 72 degrees” and the system won’t understand the command. Voice commands will continue to not be understood until the car is turned off, then on. Then voice commands are understood again. Anyone else notice this? There doesn’t seem to be a pattern to this behavior. It’s almost as if it’s not loading the voice patterns or something (I’m not sure how voice recognition works. I’m sure it’s some kind of neural network.)
Yes I have seen the same thing. Happens to me sometimes when I am trying to call somebody, I use standard terminology but the car is clueless as to what I am talking about. Another frustration is that I will tell the Nav a restaurant I want to go to but it again has no clue. When I type it in, it shows up immediately.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
Hello there, Jim. Please send us a private message with your MachE’s VIN and current mileage. I’d be happy to see what I can do to assist with this issue. Thanks!

ruffieuxh

First Name
Heinz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S / Mustang Mach 3 GT (soon)
Occupation
Electric Engineer, Project Manager
Country flag
Hello there, Jim. Please send us a private message with your MachE’s VIN and current mileage. I’d be happy to see what I can do to assist with this issue. Thanks!
I do have the exact same problem on my GT after being 2 weeks of ownership. I my situation the system is not accepting ANY voice command at all and even a stop/start or a reset helps.
It does however recognize the OK FORD command.

Any help for me too?

Thanks

Heinz

claudio26

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium
Country flag
Exactly the same for me. When I give a command like "Bring me home" its just loading for about 10 seconds and then just do nothing...

1CalifCowboy

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Calif route 1
Occupation
Construction
Country flag
Has anyone figured out how or when this will be fixed. I have called Ford support 3 times
and have no luck getting it fixed. Have no voice recognition at all. Nav doesn't talk to me or
Ford Assist

AliRafiee

First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT - Grabber Blue
Occupation
Software Eng.
Country flag
It happens to me when I’m drunk.