Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I like it. However, it looks like it is yet another entry in the Leaf/Bolt/Kona size hatchbacks. It's a good target for VW, especially for European release. It will be interesting to see how it does in that market segment.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Looks good. My only gripe is the charge port location: Passenger side rear (at least if you look at it from a US perspective).

Since all my plug-ins have had the port on the driver's front fender that spot is the furthest away from where my EVSE(s) are mounted in the garage (one of my EVSE's cables wouldn't even reach it).

Also from the drivers perspective: that is the furthest you'd have to walk from the driver's seat to get to the charge port (yeah so I'm lazy).

frinesi2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'15 Golf TDI, '96/97 ZJ 4.0L, '92 Pajero 2.5TD
Country flag
Looks like a Kia Niro.

stmache

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mustang Mach-e GTP, 2017 Ford Mustang EB
Occupation
IT Manager, Photographer
Country flag
Looks good. My only gripe is the charge port location: Passenger side rear (at least if you look at it from a US perspective).

Since all my plug-ins have had the port on the driver's front fender that spot is the furthest away from where my EVSE(s) are mounted in the garage (one of my EVSE's cables wouldn't even reach it).

Also from the drivers perspective: that is the furthest you'd have to walk from the driver's seat to get to the charge port (yeah so I'm lazy).
This is for China so it might be different for the US. The first ID.4s to the US will be from the Germany plant. The US plant in Tennessee won't be producing them for a couple of years yet.

Still waiting for full specs, EPA range and pricing. They are targeting mid-30s which would go right up against Tesla Model 3 SR+ and much lower than the Kona/Niro twins.

OP
OP
dbsb3233

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

tex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Two years! Why so long?
Factories are under construction now. Issue is LG is suing company building them (successfully so far). Ford and VW expect factories to be fully functional in two years. VW is also moving ID4 production to US at same time frame. Building a factory takes time, especially when you may have "borrowed" technology. My guess is LG will take over battery factories because they need a production facility in US.

Woeo

First Name
Woeo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Energi
Country flag

You could back in
Sponsored