Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
My point is, it makes no sense (to me at least) to call out commercial use here, unless it's a usage level concern. The disclaimer says they can change the deal at any time (*), so... we'll see what happens if someone pushes their luck and ruins it for everyone. (**)

(*) "pray that I don't alter it further"

(**) very specific example: a few years back, Microsoft announced "free unlimited OneDrive for everyone." That lasted for about 18ns, because people started to upload 75+ TB of data, which while technically allowed, was never planned for - those people, while following the technical rules, ruined it for everyone.
Sponsored

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
this is somewhat "lawyer parsing" but I don't agree with your interpretation of:

Volkswagen of America may discontinue or modify the offer in its sole discretion.
I will admit that since I am not, in fact, a lawyer, this could just be my incorrect reading of this statement.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
this is somewhat "lawyer parsing" but I don't agree with your interpretation of:

I will admit that since I am not, in fact, a lawyer, this could just be my incorrect reading of this statement.
Remember, the fine print won't become fixed until the date of purchase. Lots of time for them to reassess this.

vikramb92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 2021, Volt 2017, Ford Focus Electric 2013
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Electrify America is Volkswagen’s project, it came out of their deal with US government after diesel gate. Since they were forced make this investment, I guess they are taking advantage of it by offering free charging to their own cars.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Electrify America is Volkswagen’s project, it came out of their deal with US government after diesel gate. Since they were forced make this investment, I guess they are taking advantage of it by offering free charging to their own cars.
Understood. However, it still makes for a big selling Feature Ford isn't matching.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Wow! That beats the 2 years free charging we got with our Leaf. May Ford will sweeten their pot a bit from 3 fills?
Or the Mach-E is doing well enough that Ford doesn't have to resort to throwing in a ton of free charging to get people to buy it.

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
The Mach-E has better styling and more range. I also think it's somewhat bigger than the ID4. The ID4 has relatively bland styling with unremarkable performance specs for an EV, but especially compared to the Mustang Mach-E.

I've always had the hunch that once Volkswagen introduces their own electric vehicle, they will be highly motivated to improve their network of charging stations in terms of numbers, geography and quality. Ford is going to happily be able to ride those coattails without having to do too much heavy lifting of their own.

Badger_Prof

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prior--Leaf,Bolt EV. Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
What are the top three features (ones you care most about) you have with your model 3 that you will lose if you move to the Mach-E?
Sponsored