VW ID.4 Unveiled Today

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
Sorry to disappoint you, but ID.4 has a start/stop button. See attached picture.

I remember reading somewhere that the car automatically start/stop. But you can also opt to turn that off and use the button. But I could be wrong.

2021-Volkswagen-ID4-63.jpg
Ford Mustang Mach-E VW ID.4 Unveiled Today 1601011800373
Sponsored

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Wonder why they went with the door handles and didn't have an auto door open? maybe the next-gen ID4 will realize that too.

But repairs are repairs and cost are cost.
Might be auto-unlatching in Europe and traditional handles in North America??

German reviewer:

US reviewer:

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Found something else out about the ID4. Repair shops already saying hope you don't have a problem with the screen attached to the steering wheel. Going to be a big repair bill.
Yes, one free-floating screen is enough. The instrument cluster should be integral to the dash like on the Mach E.

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
A red Audi E-Tron with similar specs (does have ventilated front seats - darn) would cost $76, 890. If we are making comparisons "I can stop on JI772 if I have to on a road trip for $16,000." There is no doubt in my mind the MME is a step above the ID4, and the Audi is probably (at least in some minds as prestige - but not specs) a step above the MME - although the range is only 222 miles. Do what makes you happy.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
While I would agree that the ID.4 color palette is stupidly limited, you profess some strange priorities. You initially dismissed the Mach E out of hand because of the start/stop button, yet you'd buy a car with that yellow "nearly regardless of spec".

That kind of hyperbole undermines your credibility.

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
That would be AWESOME! I miss that old "ca-chunk" as the tape went to the next track. How about we just agree that ageism in either direction is inappropriate? My response was sarcasm at the comment. Some of us prefer more tactile feedback, and think it is a good thing. You don't. It's not because I am an "old fart" who cannot accept change. If that were the case, I would be looking for an ICE car with a carburetor. I like all the human centered design tactile features that the ME has incorporated that Tesla has not as they try to not just push, but destroy the envelope.
Sponsored