TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The real ID.4 is so vanilla it will easily get lost in a parking lot.
True, although remember why it would get lost in a parking lot... because people like that look and style well enough for there to be a bunch of similar looking vehicles filling the parking lot.
Sponsored

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Exactly, which gets back to the original point about manufacturers not learning from Tesla.

I'm sure VW already realizes this which is why they had to lead with a discounted lease rate and free charging.
If anything, what they learned from Tesla was to have bland looks, not avoid it. ?

The 3 and the Y are about as bland looking as it gets.

ClaudeMach-E

First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach 3- Tempo- Malibu(3)-Actual Kia Sportage AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
What would be that port on the rear left side?

ClaudeMach-E

First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
A lot of people are complaining about the charge port on the ID4. Not ideal for some charging stations.
Yes but it seems it's on the rear right side but there is that port on rear left side?

jlauro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue AWD ER Mach-E
Country flag
Yes but it seems it's on the rear right side but there is that port on rear left side?
Are you sure you are looking at an ID.4? Some of the pictures are of other vehicles like the CR-V and the Tesla 3 that have the port (or gas) in the rear left. I'm not seeing a port on the rear left for the ID.4.

ClaudeMach-E

First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Sorry I thought the 2 pics on top there where both ID.4 left and right side. :rolleyes:

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
How about the best selling EVs? Those models differentiate by performance, innovation, stylish design and advanced tech, including the latest semi-autonomous features.

I'm glad Ford changed course and decided to compete in the hottest part of the EV market.
I'm glad Ford did too. But there's a lot of factors involved for BEV sales. First is targeting the buyers for whom a BEV is even a reasonable fit (that excludes many). Then it's getting the price down to be competitive (still a pretty big problem when a comparable ICE vehicle is still $15k-20k cheaper purchase price).

Advanced tech, autonomous, etc is might be a tiebreaker between expensive BEVs, but those aren't usually the things that are going to coax an ICE driver to buy a BEV. Frankly, making a BEV more like popular ICE vehicles is what will bring more in. The CR-V sells 250k units/yr in the US for a reason. Same with the RAV-4. Those are the two biggest-selling vehicles in the US that aren't pickup trucks.

But gotta get that price down. Otherwise most people will keep buying a nice CR-V or RAV-4 or Escape for $30k instead of a $50k BEV.

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
PHEVs make much more sense for most consumers. Most people don’t want to deal with the hassles of charging away from home and range anxiety. The Escape PHEV would make a lot more sense for most consumers. It has the benefits of an electrified powertrain without the downsides, and it has an excellent price point.
The Escape PHEV was going to be my next car before the ME was announced. Have to admit though I was disappointed in that range. I wanted to see at least 50 miles of electric range. My commute is about 45 miles each way.

Then the ME came out and I quickly changed course.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
PHEVs make much more sense for most consumers. Most people don’t want to deal with the hassles of charging away from home and range anxiety. The Escape PHEV would make a lot more sense for most consumers. It has the benefits of an electrified powertrain without the downsides, and it has an excellent price point.
Warning: there's at least one person on here who will see fit to argue with you about this no matter how you present it or how right you are.
Sponsored