Woeo

First Name
Woeo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Energi
Country flag
ID3 is rear wheel drive. I have driven one and the ride is very good, but the interior is very cheap looking.
As cheap as a M3?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Marcel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Woodworker
As cheap as a M3?
Yes....even less attractive, smal touchscreen and cheap seats. I AM a long time VW fan but this is sub standard and will not be my next car. That will be a Mach-E:p

FredT

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Passat Wagon
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Out of Spec did a Q&A video after a media drive in the ID.4 recently in Detroit.

There is also some Mach-E news in the video. He mentions media drives will be happening soon with initial reviews coming in mid-December.
I was so hoping that he'd be able able to talk about the Mach-e sooner. Oh well.

He had some interesting comments about the US version of the ID.4 not getting a heat pump. He doesn't think it's a big deal.

Marcel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Woodworker
In the Netherlands a ID3 full options is almost more expensive than a MME SR RWD with TP Plus.......................the ID3 is only slightly less than a ID4 first edition

Marcel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Woodworker
Last edited:

FredT

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Passat Wagon
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
It's RWD. No FWD in an ID.3 or ID.4. Take a look at Kyle's video to see what he says about FWD vs RWD in electrics.

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
You have to rethink the paradigm when you are talking about a BEV vs. an ICE car and FWD. There is no engine over the front wheels in a BEV, and the weight is more evenly distributed with a skateboard design. Many podcasts I have watched or listened to say that FWD on a BEV is a big mistake due to the torque and oversteer of the electric motors. A RWD BEV may be just as good in the snow as a FWD ICE vehicle. But the ideal version for us in the North is probably AWD.

EVer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 SuperCrew Cab, Tesla Model 3P
Country flag
LYTMCQ said:
The ID3 is also FWD in base version which makes it good car for winter vs. AWD.

You have to rethink the paradigm when you are talking about a BEV vs. an ICE car and FWD.
+1

Besides, AWD is generally superior to FWD in winter, EV or otherwise.

Last edited:

Marcel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Woodworker
I have had a reservation for a ID3, with a 58 kW battery and full options it is more than 50000 euro, the new ID4 with a 77 kW battery and full options is 57000 euro, what am i missing? I do have quotes for them and if i was still in the market for a VW it would be the ID4. But instead i am going for a MME with compensation for not making the 2020 deadline and wil pay near 52000 euro.

So not only the best deal, also the best looking car?

Marcel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Woodworker
The ID series are here very similar, main difference between trim versions are glass roof, seats, wheels and tech options. I don't know the EU differences but here in the Netherlands it is a bit silly when you buy a full options ID3, you are way better off with an ID4.
Sponsored