Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 VW Tiguan SEL
Occupation
IT
Country flag
The Kona EV slides around in slush or snow unless you have good winter tires. Then it is AMAZING!!
Sponsored

stmache

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mustang Mach-e GTP, 2017 Ford Mustang EB
Occupation
IT Manager, Photographer
Country flag

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Well....pushed back until March, 2021.

Volkswagen's Electric ID.4 Is Already Delayed For America

Not surprising considering all the software issues they are currently having with the ID.3.
Lol - story of my EV orders - still have ID4 FE reservation reserved in first few minutes - was going to be serious consideration if Mach E got delayed - but with my MachDrop and regular Premium orders now both built before March - I better cancel my reservation. Mach E is way cooler anyway

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
Volkswagen ID.4 Release Date
Volkswagen will offer a limited quantity of the ID.4 in North America for delivery by December 2020 to the first group of online reservation holders. Those without a reservation will be able to buy an ID.4 as supply becomes available throughout 2021.

Global demand for the ID.4 is expected to be strong and quantities will be scarce until Volkswagen begins operating a second factory for the ID.4 in Chattanooga, Tennessee. The first two model years of Volkswagen ID.4 will be built at Volkswagen’s factory in Zwickau, Germany. In fact, Volkswagen has already started production in Germany to build inventory before the official release.

How many 100, 200, 2,000? why not say the amount that will make it. You know why because there are always delays my friend.
DELAYED

FredT

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Passat Wagon
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Lol - story of my EV orders - still have ID4 FE reservation reserved in first few minutes - was going to be serious consideration if Mach E got delayed - but with my MachDrop and regular Premium orders now both built before March - I better cancel my reservation. Mach E is way cooler anyway
I'm holding on for now. I'll wait to see what Alex and Kyle think of the Mach-e and then decide. Kyles's enthusiasm for the ID.4 keeps me interested. I like a lot of things about the Mach-e, but overall I still like the ID.4 better.

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
At $39,995 or whatever it is, the VW ID4 RWD is a great value. If the AWD version is anything like the MME's efficiency, it'll have a range of just 225mi or so. 3 years of EA charging is a nice perk.

seems like the seating position in the ID4 is higher than the MME.

malba2366

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C2S
Country flag
At $39,995 or whatever it is, the VW ID4 RWD is a great value. If the AWD version is anything like the MME's efficiency, it'll have a range of just 225mi or so. 3 years of EA charging is a nice perk.

seems like the seating position in the ID4 is higher than the MME.
ID4 is too slow. Mach E extended battery and and model Y long range hit the sweet spot of range and performance.

FredT

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Passat Wagon
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
ID4 is too slow. Mach E extended battery and and model Y long range hit the sweet spot of range and performance.
For sure, but for someone like me who puts no value in sub 5-second zero to 60 times, the ID.4 has a lot to offer.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
I don't know if this has been reported yet, but ID.4 EPA results are out. They hit range target, efficiency similar to Mach-e.

Ford Mustang Mach-E VW ID.4 Unveiled Today Screen Shot 2020-11-25 at 6.32.48 AM
The RWD version of ID4 is a compelling value at 250 mile range. Probably is closer to appealing to a larger market than the Mach E would. Not everyone wants performance. Lower price, decent range would be appealing.

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
The RWD version of ID4 is a compelling value at 250 mile range. Probably is closer to appealing to a larger market than the Mach E would. Not everyone wants performance. Lower price, decent range would be appealing.
compared to the mache select and the plan nothing added ID4 at 39,999. Mache after x-plan and 1,0000 incentives come in at 41,400
The difference is ID4 at that price point has EPA estimate range of 20 miles more.

The top of the line ID4 price is 50,000 while you can get premium mache for 50,300. same price but 300 miles of range for the mache.

JTK44

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 First Edition Rapid Red
Country flag
compared to the mache select and the plan nothing added ID4 at 39,999. Mache after x-plan and 1,0000 incentives come in at 41,400
The difference is ID4 at that price point has EPA estimate range of 20 miles more.

The top of the line ID4 price is 50,000 while you can get premium mache for 50,300. same price but 300 miles of range for the mache.

Although the ID4 is not for me, another thing that it has going for it are competitive leases:

Ford Mustang Mach-E VW ID.4 Unveiled Today Screenshot (37)

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Although the ID4 is not for me, another thing that it has going for it are competitive leases:

Ford Mustang Mach-E VW ID.4 Unveiled Today Screenshot (37)
Those are some really good numbers

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
There's certainly room for both. But the 230 mile base MME still probably compares well at $42,895. Just $3000 more than the ID4 with similar range. Not sure how all the rest of the features compare on the base models, but it's probably close enough that the MME still matches up well.

On range, I think we're gonna see 2 types of buyers -- those that plan to use it on road trips and will hold out for a 300+ mile BEV, and those that say "I'll just make it the home-base vehicle, where 200 is plenty".
Sponsored