Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 First Edition Rapid Red
Country flag
Last line is point on.

Before I make up my mind, I prefer to:

• Wait for the reviews as to drivability, handling and acceleration;
  • Drive the car myself
  • Then do back to back drives of the Model Y, VW ID4 and if it out by then, the Audi Q4 etron
I have been following the Audi Q4: It is built on the same platform as the ID4, but will come with AWD as standard, same battery pack, 82KW, as the ID4 but will be both faster and have longer range.

If the battery pack is the same, I am very curious how the Q4 can be both faster and have longer range.

The Audi is reported to have a much more upscale interior that is supposed to exceed the interior of the MME.

So far all I have done is view the MME at my dealer 10 days ago, but I have not driven it. I then viewed the Model Y and on the model I looked at, I did not see any of the quality issues that Tesla is infamous for.

Just my $02.
Sponsored

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
The 10,000 is because you ordered the mache with everything compared to the id4 with basic options. of course, it's going to cost more. The glass your talking about the infra-red tint is not the same.

Like coral said you can add things to the mache to get what the id4 does, but can't turn the id4 into a mache.

https://www.tesmanian.com/products/ford-mustang-mach-e-glass-roof-sunshade

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

• Drive the car myself
  • Then do back to back drives of the Model Y, VW ID4 and if it out by then, the Audi Q4 etron
I have been following the Audi Q4: It is built on the same platform as the ID4, but will come with AWD as standard, same battery pack, 82KW, as the ID4 but will be both faster and have longer range.

If the battery pack is the same, I am very curious how the Q4 can be both faster and have longer range.

The Audi is reported to have a much more upscale interior that is supposed to exceed the interior of the MME.

So far all I have done is view the MME at my dealer 10 days ago, but I have not driven it. I then viewed the Model Y and on the model I looked at, I did not see any of the quality issues that Tesla is infamous for.

Just my $02.
Audi Q4, ID4, Skoda, are all on the same platform.

RonTCat

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E wannabuy
Country flag
Things only the ID4 has:
  • Tow hitch
  • Heated windshield (available in America!!)
  • Adaptive front lights —"Adaptive Front-lighting System (AFS) and All-weather lights with Low-speed cornering lights"
  • A more intuitive gear selector
  • 12 way power adjustable seats — "8-way power-adjustable front seats with memory and 4-way power lumbar with massage function"
  • Comes with 5 years car remote access. Did I see that the Mach E only has 3 somewhere?
Electrically heated windshields were killed off in the US many years ago by insurance prices. Your insurance rate would be $1000/yr more for a vehicle with that windshield, since any crack/chip usually killed the heating device, and the windshield costs ~$1300+ to replace. ☹

jlauro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue AWD ER Mach-E
Country flag
Similar maybe, but same... lol
If you say that, then you could say the bolt has the same as the ID.4.

malba2366

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C2S
Country flag

• Drive the car myself

Just my $02.
Audi will probably be much nicer than Mach E inside....few automakers do interiors as well as Audi. Price on Audi will probably be higher than Mach E as well. If I were to have to guess, I think the Mach E will fall right in between the VW and Audi in price.

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Electrically heated windshields were killed off in the US many years ago by insurance prices. Your insurance rate would be $1000/yr more for a vehicle with that windshield, since any crack/chip usually killed the heating device, and the windshield costs ~$1300+ to replace. ☹
fact

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Similar maybe, but same... lol
If you say that, then you could say the bolt has the same as the ID.4.
would say the gremlin is closer to the id4. Has 4 wheels and goes from point a to b. That is the break down some people seem to use here.

Ford Mustang Mach-E VW ID.4 Unveiled Today 1606702378119

JTK44

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 First Edition Rapid Red
Country flag
Audi will probably be much nicer than Mach E inside....few automakers do interiors as well as Audi. Price on Audi will probably be higher than Mach E as well. If I were to have to guess, I think the Mach E will fall right in between the VW and Audi in price.

From Car and Driver - for what it is worth

Ford Mustang Mach-E VW ID.4 Unveiled Today Screenshot (45)

Ford Mustang Mach-E VW ID.4 Unveiled Today Screenshot (46)

Ford Mustang Mach-E VW ID.4 Unveiled Today Screenshot (47)

See: https://www.caranddriver.com/audi/q4-e-tron

DBC

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt ELR
Country flag
Are these cars head-to-head competitors? No.
Do they overlap in the market? Yes.

The ID.4 looks to me like the best in the utilitarian crossover BEVs. I see it more a competitor with the Bolt and the Kona.
I think that's a very good summation. The ID4 to me looks more appealing than the Bolt or the Kona. But keep in mind the Bolt is four years old, has about as much range as the ID4, and, depending on the use case, is a better value. Unless of course you think you can lease a ID4 with zero down for $175/month.

DBC

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt ELR
Country flag
You're discussing it. I'm perplexed by the discussion.

I can compare the Chevy Bolt to the ID4. Easy to do and the specs between the Bolt and the ID4 will be much closer than the specs between the ID4 and the MME.

I can also compare the Chevy Bolt to the Jaguar I-Pace. The specs are similar and the Bolt has more range and that nifty rear view mirror the I-Pace lacks.

Do I think those comparisons make sense? No. But they make as much sense as your comparing the ID4 and the MME.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
would say the gremlin is closer to the id4. Has 4 wheels and goes from point a to b. That is the break down some people seem to use here.

Ford Mustang Mach-E VW ID.4 Unveiled Today Screenshot (47)
Gremlin, the square Pinto.