Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach 3- Tempo- Malibu(3)-Actual Kia Sportage AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The ID4 is going to be a durable, mass market, decently spec'd EV. $100 deposit is fully refundable so there's no risk. Might as well.

Personally, I am not very keen on the ID4 but it's a $20k difference from my GT reservation and includes 3 years of charging. The $399/mo lease price is pretty cool, especially if I just want to bridge myself to second gen MME. That said, the MME is beautiful and will be sporty. I just hope that when Dave Pericak says the MME drives like a Mustang he doesn't mean that it ends up on a crowded sidewalk (YouTube is filled with Mustang compilations).

The only car left that really could tempt me away is Hyundai/Kia. We'll see what they got.
well a GT MME and an ID.4 is not comparable to start with.
Sponsored

ClaudeMach-E

First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach 3- Tempo- Malibu(3)-Actual Kia Sportage AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
For comparison, just checked what's currently offered on the Bolt...
$239/Month for 36 months. $1,629 due at signing $0 security deposit.
I think I like the ID.4 better, but that is a significant price difference and the Bolt has better 0-60 time...
Bud bad seats apparently ;)

GregM

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3, Tahoe, Mustang Mach E Premium (on order)
Occupation
Communications/Marketing
Country flag
Interesting car as is the Volvo Recharge and I would be interested in both, but I can't wait any longer for a new car as my current Audi A3 is on its last legs.

I do think MME missed out (at least in the USA) on towing (both VW and Volvo have included hitches), and also more deeper incentives around comp fast charging...but i am sticking with my MME order.

Orangefirefish

First Name
SY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
It will never be apples to apples but you need to prioritize one thing over another. You do also have to factor in incentives like X plan.
The ID4 is targeted at the mass market price point but based on your comparison it’s only a few thousand dollars difference from a premium market product targeted at the Teslas. I get it with the regen braking and all that but VW putting on drum brakes on the ID4 really sends the wrong message.

It varies from driver to driver, but by my estimates one would have to drive a lot of road trip miles for that three years of free charging to be worth much. Assuming $0.3/kWh and a 3.5mi/kWh, and 5000 mi of charging a year at EA, that’s like $430/year, or 1290/3 years. Hardly compelling, even if you are doing 5000 road trip miles on the car. Maybe if you live close to an EA station and charge all the time at one...

Also the MME Select with the tech package can get hands free for a fee, if that matters. The ID4 is a dead end on that front and has fewer driver assistance features.

Don’t get me wrong, it seems like an OK vehicle, to me it just looks like a boring, tepidly spec’d EV for a lower segment, priced too close to a premium product. Sure they might sell half a million, but not at that price.

Completely my opinion, but Ford is doing right by making an exciting vehicle, staking the reputation of their most important brand. If anything, compared to the ID4 the Select MME is the bargain, not the other way around.
I am excited about the ID4, in that it might force Ford to be competitive on pricing, but truth be told, if I’m Ford maybe I look at the ID4 and yawn.

Last edited:

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
three years of free charging
I'm glad Ford isn't doing that. For starters, "free" isn't free, it just means we're pre-paying for it in the price of the car. Plus "unlimited" just means heavy users are getting a bigger perk at the expense of average and light users.

Ford is doing it right by throwing in just a few free road charges, IMO. A small sample just to help people get started, but not a big amount that can just be unfair to those that will rarely refuel on the road.

Kazi

First Name
Kazi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
The 1st edition sold out. Lucky I got to reserved one before that. Now I have two pre-orders ! I have to test drive both cars and see which one fit my lifestyle. My wife likes the ID.4 sooo let's see.

Orangefirefish

First Name
SY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
I'm glad Ford isn't doing that. For starters, "free" isn't free, it just means we're pre-paying for it in the price of the car. Plus "unlimited" just means heavy users are getting a bigger perk at the expense of average and light users.

Ford is doing it right by throwing in just a few free road charges, IMO. A small sample just to help people get started, but not a big amount that can just be unfair to those that will rarely refuel on the road.
Those three free charges amount to “one year of free charging” the way I anticipate driving it. ?

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
First thing. You're happy with the ID4 great congrats. I can only go off what you say and write. You said only three things matter to you. So I showed the cost is the same with X plan and incentives compared to ID4. Now your saying more things matter apples to apples

And ID.4 1st has a glass roof, massaging seats, etc. that Mach-E Select doesn't, so it's not apples to apples on equipment, the ID.4 is more loaded. None of that was said.

Once I show you can get the same price, you jump to other things.

43,895 yes I'm not adding red paint for the other guy. 2,300 correct then the x plan is minus 603.00. then 1,000 dollar minus incentives, then 250 more for select models, already know its coming. is 44,342. That is the price for the mache select you would pay.

One minute you said 10 extra miles didn't matter now it does lol. Anyways good luck with your choice.

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It will never be apples to apples but you need to prioritize one thing over another. You do also have to factor in incentives like X plan.
The ID4 is targeted at the mass market price point but based on your comparison it’s only a few thousand dollars difference from a premium market product targeted at the Teslas. I get it with the regen braking and all that but VW putting on drum brakes on the ID4 really sends the wrong message.

It varies from driver to driver, but by my estimates one would have to drive a lot of road trip miles for that three years of free charging to be worth much. Assuming $0.3/kWh and a 3.5mi/kWh, and 5000 mi of charging a year at EA, that’s like $430/year, or 1290/3 years. Hardly compelling, even if you are doing 5000 road trip miles on the car. Maybe if you live close to an EA station and charge all the time at one...

Also the MME Select with the tech package can get hands free for a fee, if that matters. The ID4 is a dead end on that front and has fewer driver assistance features.

Don’t get me wrong, it seems like an OK vehicle, to me it just looks like a boring, tepidly spec’d EV for a lower segment, priced too close to a premium product. Sure they might sell half a million, but not at that price.

Completely my opinion, but Ford is doing right by making an exciting vehicle, staking the reputation of their most important brand. If anything, compared to the ID4 the Select MME is the bargain, not the other way around.
I am excited about the ID4, in that it might force Ford to be competitive on pricing, but truth be told, if I’m Ford maybe I look at the ID4 and yawn.
About those breaks, already read on another forum the break job "when its time" will expect to cost triple of the mache. Drums and having to do with the a-arm assembly setup. Have to remember any repairs on the ID4 I promise will be double that of the ford.

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Well, you could get a premium RWD drive for 48,275. Yes, it is the 230 miles but again I kinda think the range is going to be more.....;). So the ID4 you order is 44,000 so the difference is 4,275.

The difference for the mache is a few miles of range.
What does the premium have better than the ID4 to make up the 4,275 is the question.

Last edited: