Woeo

First Name
Woeo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Energi
Country flag
I really wish the Mustang hat roof rack and tower hitch options - the latter primarily for a bike rack. However I can get that added aftermarket.
I came across some information regarding adding a hitch to a different vehicle...during the configuration adding the hitch prompted a notification that doing so would require disabling the kick to open rear hatch....I can't remember the car I was fiddling with...and I don't know if the Mach-e in Europe can be configured with kick to open hatch & hitch receiver.
Sponsored

Woeo

First Name
Woeo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Energi
Country flag
I have been following the Audi Q4: It is built on the same platform as the ID4, but will come with AWD as standard, same battery pack, 82KW, as the ID4 but will be both faster and have longer range.
Why would you think the Q4 with AWD [built on the same platform] with same battery pack, tuned to be faster, would have longer range?

Credibility score: -26

By the way, thanks for pointing that out. There weren't any planned the last time I looked, but it's nice to see that they're at least planning one in Vermont now. Hopefully it will be installed before the free charging that comes with the Mach-E expires. But of course, at $0.75/kWh, I won't be using it after using up that free charging.
Why would you think the charge would be so high? Next door in Mass EA charges 32
cents for 350kW, 16 cents for 90kW for guests. 24 cents & 12 cents if you are a pass member

Ford Mustang Mach-E VW ID.4 Unveiled Today ea locate

Last edited:

DBC

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt ELR
Country flag
Yes, 26 pages. In a sense that's a sad commentary. Now I understand if the MME doesn't have a specific feature you feel you need you might want to look at a different vehicle. For example, if a trailer hitch is critical for you, and the MME doesn't offer a trailer hitch, then it makes perfect sense to look at an ID4.

However, absent that type of specific issue, comparing a MME to an ID4 is like comparing a BMW M3 to a Camry. Sure you can do it, and if you are completely new to autos you might not understand why this comparison makes no sense, but at some point the hope would be that you'd figure it out.

DBC

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt ELR
Country flag
Why would you think the Q4 with AWD [built on the same platform] with same battery pack, tuned to be faster, would have longer range?
Two speed transmission? No idea just tossing that out as a possible explanation. Both Audi and Porsche are part of the same auto group.

What's interesting is that GM has great expertise in planetary gear sets but have said that the single reduction gear is the most efficient drive.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Why would you think the charge would be so high? Next door in Mass EA charges 32
cents for 350kW, 16 cents for 90kW for guests. 24 cents & 12 cents if you are a pass member
Because the price is listed on the EA website. (And by the way, those Mass prices are per minute, not per kWh).

Ford Mustang Mach-E VW ID.4 Unveiled Today 1606777210101

JTK44

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 First Edition Rapid Red
Country flag

Credibility score: -26
If you are going to quote me, please do it honestly and accurately:

The quote was not a statement but a question: Here it is in full;

"I have been following the Audi Q4: It is built on the same platform as the ID4, but will come with AWD as standard, same battery pack, 82KW, as the ID4 but will be both faster and have longer range.

If the battery pack is the same, I am very curious how the Q4 can be both faster and have longer range. "

JTK44

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 First Edition Rapid Red
Country flag
Yes, 26 pages. In a sense that's a sad commentary. Now I understand if the MME doesn't have a specific feature you feel you need you might want to look at a different vehicle. For example, if a trailer hitch is critical for you, and the MME doesn't offer a trailer hitch, then it makes perfect sense to look at an ID4.

However, absent that type of specific issue, comparing a MME to an ID4 is like comparing a BMW M3 to a Camry. Sure you can do it, and if you are completely new to autos you might not understand why this comparison makes no sense, but at some point the hope would be that you'd figure it out.
WOW!

You are aware of course that the VW ID4 and the Audi Q4 eTron are built on the identical platform.

Would you agree that the Q4 is competition to the MME?

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Wow, that is rapacious. Everywhere else I've seen the per kwh charging it is $.43 and $.31, respectively.
Can't argue with that. Unless it's an emergency, I can't imagine anyone is going to pay that much. Methinks the first EA station in the state will only ever be occupied by ID.4 owners.

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
Also liked we talked before. The ID4 does have different size tires on the front and rear. Myself, I will be buying a full-size spare for the mache.
Too old and wise to want to sit on the side of the road with a flat when I can change it real quick.
Also, tire rotation and tire wear play a part.
FOR the ID4 you would need both. Just another little tidbit.

FredT

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Passat Wagon
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I think he’s referring to regenerative brakes, or blended brakes, a much more sophisticated braking/regen system.

For example, Tesla does not have blended brakes, it only has lift-off regeneration with the brake pedal providing only friction braking.

I don’t know what the ID4 has. I do know it has rear drum brakes though. ?
ID.4 works exactly as Mach-e with regard to region/blended braking, not like Tesla.

There's nothing wrong with drum brakes. Kyle tested the brakes and found them to work very well.
Sponsored