VW ID.4 Unveiled Today

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
the ID4 is 7.8 zero to 60. vs 4.8 that is 3 seconds big difference.

not the same performance and the ID4 will not handle and drive like the mache sorry. You will see that on December 15th.

The model 3 is a car, not an SUV. The model y is 4.8. the mache is 4.8 the .model y performance is 3.5 and the Mache gt is around 3.5 to 3.7.
Sponsored

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
yep, we don't know the AWD anything yet even the range. Not even a guestimate yet.
VW has not even put them out. But if you are going to the higher AWD top the line ID4 then it would be ID4 AWD 6 seconds vs the mache gt 3.7 seconds. Top of the line trim vs top of the line.
Still not close. ? vroom vroom.

malba2366

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C2S
Country flag
The only released figure from VW as far as I know is the 0-100km (62 mph) number in Europe is 8.5 sec. 6 seconds would be pretty optimistic for the add version.

Woeo

First Name
Woeo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Energi
Country flag
If you are going to quote me, please do it honestly and accurately:

The quote was not a statement but a question: Here it is in full;

"I have been following the Audi Q4: It is built on the same platform as the ID4, but will come with AWD as standard, same battery pack, 82KW, as the ID4 but will be both faster and have longer range.

If the battery pack is the same, I am very curious how the Q4 can be both faster and have longer range. "
If you are going to quote me, please do it honestly and accurately:

The quote was not a statement but a question: Here it is in full;

"I have been following the Audi Q4: It is built on the same platform as the ID4, but will come with AWD as standard, same battery pack, 82KW, as the ID4 but will be both faster and have longer range.

If the battery pack is the same, I am very curious how the Q4 can be both faster and have longer range. "
Not my day for reading comprehension.

Woeo

First Name
Woeo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Energi
Country flag
Because the price is listed on the EA website. (And by the way, those Mass prices are per minute, not per kWh).

1606777210101.png
I searched EA and nothing came up for me in VT. Not my day to pick details.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
yes just in the back get a tire bag for it. if would fit in frunk it would go there. A flat tire is no joke. I think we all have been there at the worst times.
Yup got it - I have similar concerns - have you considered run flats? Not sure if they are available for the 19 inch tire size of the Premiums or even if they are available if they work as well as OEM.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Been going on for years. and will keep going. The difference is the trim and fancy items. Toyota Camry is the same as the Lexus.
The one thing that is nice is about your lincoln brand, Cadillac brand, Lexus brand the repair parts are not that much higher or similar cost to the ford, gm, Toyota brand. If you go with a luxury model Audi jaguar, Mercedes BMW, well the repair cost can get into crazy amounts.
Pays to price around dealers for expensive repairs...

These two dealers are across the street from one another.

Screenshot_20201130-211449.png

Screenshot_20201130-211524.png

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yup got it - I have similar concerns - have you considered run flats? Not sure if they are available for the 19 inch tire size of the Premiums or even if they are available if they work as well as OEM.
My problem with the run-flats is, first of all, have to buy a brand new set of tires. Then if they get a hole and you drive them close to the limit, some can't be repaired. Speed is slower and I just rather change the tire and get where I need to be and not be at risk worried about if the run-flat will hold up. I think most of us can get out and change the tire in 15 to 20 minutes.

DBC

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt ELR
Country flag
Google "Corporate Twins":
I gave you an example of a work truck and a performance sports car built on the same platform. Are you saying that these would be "twins". ? And the ID Buzz will be built on the same platform as the ID3. Are these ""twins"? And the Hummer EV is being built on the same platform as the Cadillac Lyriq. Are these twins?

My point is that your idea of a "platform" is maybe a couple of decades out of date. Just because two vehicles share a platform does not make them "twins". It may be a necessary condition that for two vehicles to be twins they have to share a platform, but sharing a platform does not necessarily make two vehicles twins.

I don't have a very good idea of how Audi is positioning the Q4, and I'd have to know a lot more about the Audi than I do now to make a call as to whether it is a "twin" to the ID4. But I do know that the ID4, which has a 0-60 MPH time of 8 seconds, does not compete with any BEV which has a 0-60 MPH time of less than 5 seconds.

DBC

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt ELR
Country flag
The closest would be the Model Y with FSD. Had Ford chosen to do so it could have added content to the interior and competed directly with the Jaguar I-Pace, but it decided to position the MME to be on-brand with the Mustang icon. Very good positioning IMO.
Sponsored