Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Passat Wagon
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
You stated that before. Where have you seen any semi-official language regarding range/performance for the AWD? As I said previously, I also have a reservation and find no language regarding range.
Sponsored

FredT

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Passat Wagon
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Pro S is two versions: comes in both RWD and AWD versions. @50 miles refers to RWD version.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I like that color. It's a shame you can't order them in any color at all -- only shades of black and white (black, white, gray, and silver, i.e. shiny gray).

FredT

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Passat Wagon
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I like that color. It's a shame you can't order them in any color at all -- only shades of black and white (black, white, gray, and silver, i.e. shiny gray).
And a very nice (to me) blue.

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
Their website is terrible on specs. I could not find anywhere that it gives the range of the AWD Pro. I did find this though . . . . From the linked article

"Not long after, likely in the spring, an all-wheel-drive version of the ID.4 with dual motors and 302 horsepower arrives. It’s said to be considerably sportier than the standard ID.4. Because it’s fitted with the same 82-kilowatt floorboard battery pack, though, the AWD ID.4 won’t have quite as much range, likely down to about 230 miles."

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/a-first-look-at-the-new-electric-volkswagen-id4-2020-10-05

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
There seems to be a trend here @ChasingCoral. 90 shades of grey. And a token red. My new car battle cry, " Fewer shades, more choices!" ;)

FredT

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Passat Wagon
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
They sure seem to be lying to you. The screen shot YOU showed with 250 estimate range was for the base ID.4 Pro, $39,995. That's YOUR image. Go back to the web site that you linked to and take a little closer, more careful look. Pro S (Statement) is a package, defaulting to RWD, for $44,495. Adding AWD is a selection under Drive, still Pro S. You can also select AWD without the Pros S package for $43,675. AWD has nothing to do with package level.

Here is Pro S RWD:

Ford Mustang Mach-E VW ID.4 Unveiled Today Screen Shot 2020-12-04 at 2.32.12 PM

and here is Pro Standard AWD:

Ford Mustang Mach-E VW ID.4 Unveiled Today Screen Shot 2020-12-04 at 2.32.53 PM

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
Lightning. You are SO CLOSE. On that page you just shared, click the circled number FIVE and read the DISCLAIMER about AWD range.
it's a lost cause. we all are trying to help him. He will just be on here in a few months when he finds out it's not the range he thought. I kinda feel bad for him now.

reminds me of the part in the movie observe and report. We think it's going to be funny when he sees he is wrong but it's gonna kinda be sad. ????☹? poor fellow.

EVer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 SuperCrew Cab, Tesla Model 3P
Country flag
^

There is no point to feeling bad. Lytmqc is posturing. He (yes, I just assumed his gender) is not going to buy an ID.4, and he doesn't really think the AWD and RWD variants have the same range with the same battery capacity. It's just noise designed to make people rethink buying a mach e.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
^

There is no point to feeling bad. Lytmqc is posturing. He (yes, I just assumed his gender) is not going to buy an ID.4, and he doesn't really think the AWD and RWD variants have the same range with the same battery capacity. It's just noise designed to make people rethink buying a mach e.
Hanlon’s Razor. “Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hanlon’s Razor. “Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"
And before anyone gets upset. I actually hope he’s right and is happy with the id.4. This isn’t really worth arguing about. Get the car that suits you, let those who choose a different car be happy with their choices. I choose the MME.
Sponsored