WA state “test drive” experience

T_to the_A

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Mustang V6 Red Candy Metallic, 2021 Mach-e Premuim AWD St Range Shadow Black
Occupation
I sell wine
Country flag
So, finally went in person to my chosen dealer to speak to my sales rep last Friday. Just wanted to put a name to a face and to again request NO install of front license plate holder.
No MME are on the lot at Harris Ford in Lynnwood, a city north of Seattle. While there I had the opportunity to speak to the new car sales manager also and asked if he could look up my reservation in Vehicle Visability. They both thought it was quite funny and ironic that I was able to quote my VIN number to them straight from memory! No information was able to discerned by either of these gentlemen (shocking, I know) who were good guys, very pleasant and accommodating.

Yesterday evening I look up on the website of the dealer to see if they in fact have received any MME (hoping fingers crossed mine is early) and lo and behold there are four on their website - one for $65,000 and three for 2.4 million! All RR color with various trim level. Imagine they’ll have those three for quite a while! I go ahead and schedule a test drive for 10:30 AM this morning through the ‘button’ on their website and receive an immediate phone call and text confirmation from them saying they are looking forward to showing me the car in the morning.

I show up at 10:30, check in and meet . While he’s copying my ID and insurance info I walk out to the car which is not our or a color it is IB color and has two men who work for the dealer ship standing by it. One is in the driver seat so I go over to the passenger side and open the door. The dealer guy says oh what’s going on? And I say I am waiting for my sales man we’re going to take this car for a test drive to a cheer me the price I don’t think so this car has been sold! The salesman that I am dealing with soon comes out and confirms that yes, the car has just been sold. I at least get to have a quick look at it but obviously no test drive! We all have a good laugh about the $2.4 cars.

Car was a Select model with black interior. Looked great, really glad I ordered premium AND Shadow Black though - the solid roof made it a touch plain inside IMO.

Confirmed front plate bracket installed ?, and Michelin Primacy tires ?.

Sigh. I guess I’ll get a test drive in the car I ordered—due to show up March 6-12th. ?
Sponsored