West1134

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 MME Premium AWD, ER,06 Duramax,16 Acadia Denali
Country flag
So as I wait for the 2023 order banks to open I’ve been emailing dealers asking a few questions to make sure I work with one that won’t screw me (and have in writing their responses). Thoughts on this one?
Ford Mustang Mach-E Waiting for ‘23 orders to open- response from dealer 412C43CB-B465-4281-9470-5CCD8FAC7A5E

His response.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Waiting for ‘23 orders to open- response from dealer DB755A5A-2362-48A9-B85F-B4450E18D9B2

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
I mean, they’re correct. There is no hold back, they just get the delivery fee, whatever 2023’s end up being. They make more selling ICE cars.

Sounds like they don’t want to shoot themselves in the foot by committing and then wanting to reneg and mark them bad boys up. Kind of crappy they won’t give answers on X Plan and selling at MSRP, hard to pick them as a dealer if they won’t commit to that.

I know you have the agreed upon price thing, but make sure you just confirm you don’t want any dealer add ons either. A lot are forcing them on cars that they agreed to sell at MSRP but then you pay $2k to $5k on snake oil fluff.

andrew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium (ER, RWD, Rapid Red)
Country flag
It’s not a great reply. They seem unwilling to commit to anything.

I don’t blame them though. I don’t think they are making much margin on these orders, so they aren’t really incentivized to take a risk on any promises. You’re also asking all the right questions to make sure they get the least margin possible. You’re also likely going to take your car to a closer dealership when you need maintenance. Look at it from their perspective, you’ve got a potential customer saying, “I’m only talking to you because my first choice didn’t work out, and if you don’t tell me what I want, I’ll go elsewhere. Will you promise I get the lowest possible price?” There isn’t much incentive to earn your business. They may actually be better off if you went to a different dealership.

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
What is the downside to accepting X-plan, price protection, and/or honoring MSRP with no add-ons ? They get an easy order to fill for literally zero work or if the preorder doesn't take delivery the dealer gets an inventory unit to mark up however much they want. Why chase that business away? It makes no sense.

Edit: for clarity

Last edited:

JohnFoxeSheets

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnfoxesheets.com
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
So as I wait for the 2023 order banks to open I’ve been emailing dealers asking a few questions to make sure I work with one that won’t screw me (and have in writing their responses). Thoughts on this one?
Ford Mustang Mach-E Waiting for ‘23 orders to open- response from dealer DB755A5A-2362-48A9-B85F-B4450E18D9B2

His response.
If you send similar to any other dealerships, I recommend you forego the last paragraph. It isn't needed and gives them info that could make them less likely to want to do business with you. Good luck!

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I was unclear. I meant, the dealer can mark it up if a preorder customer walks away. I made an edit, thanks.

BigMach-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GTPE Shadow Black 2021
Occupation
IT
Country flag
If you send similar to any other dealerships, I recommend you forego the last paragraph. It isn't needed and gives them info that could make them less likely to want to do business with you. Good luck!
Agreed. Transmit only the needed information. Also, I'm not certain, but I do think that being a little more friendly with the letter might be nice. A bullet point list with someone you don't know seems a little off putting. I get that you are trying to be efficient.

DadwithaMach

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E Premium RWD Ext
Occupation
Help Desk Manager
Country flag
I'm waiting for the 23's to open and I'm working with 1 dealer

I did ask the question right off the bat because it's something everyone is aware of... Personally have no interest in paying more.

The saleswoman's response is as follows "At our dealership as long as you order it when the banks open and/or use the A/X/Z plans you are price protected. If you were to walk off the streets and buy the vehicle, then you may encounter a markup."

With this being said I have a A plan I have full plans to use it, if I get any kind of showing that they are trying to up the price I will leave the dealership. Remember you're paying their salary, save your $5-$10-$15k put that in your car some other way or take your family on a trip. The Mach-E looks and sounds like a great car but is it worth the extra markup value or are we just falling into the Peer-Pressure Trap as society? I can list 2-3 additional EVs that are at a $60k price range that has better quality than the Mach-E (Not including Tesla) So keep your money in your pocket let some other sucker pay the markup :)

OP
OP
West1134

West1134

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 MME Premium AWD, ER,06 Duramax,16 Acadia Denali
Country flag
Agreed. Transmit only the needed information. Also, I'm not certain, but I do think that being a little more friendly with the letter might be nice. A bullet point list with someone you don't know seems a little off putting. I get that you are trying to be efficient.
Good point.

Thanks all for the feedback. And those who pointed out how I worded it being somewhat off putting I can see your point. I just really don't want to get jerked around after 8-12 months of waiting you know what I mean.

AKgrampy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Ford F-150, Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Good point.

Thanks all for the feedback. And those who pointed out how I worded it being somewhat off putting I can see your point. I just really don't want to get jerked around after 8-12 months of waiting you know what I mean.
Price protection is provided by Ford and not the dealer. Essentially Ford honors an “ordered” price for the customer and refunds the price difference between current MSRP and ordered MSRP to the dealer. The issue is, and I do not know why it is, is that dealers just do not go thru the needed steps to get the PP so do not pass it on to the customer. It is just paperwork for them and is automatic.

Duckwrangler

First Name
Mary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E on order
Occupation
RN
Country flag
I was just told today by my local dealer that orders will open 8/25. FWIW
I just heard the same date from my dealer. He added that it was official, for what that's worth. He will normally say "we are hearing," but today was "its official."
Sponsored