Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I always hit the lock button on the inside door panel, the lock icon on the outside of the door, or the 7-8/9-0 combination on the keypad before I walk away from my car. I almost always verify by watching the mirrors fold before walking away. For the last couple of weeks, I have been getting a notification in the FordPass app that my doors were locked by Walk-Away Lock. The FordPass app is just plain stupid. 😕🐩
Sponsored

MachEMaster

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1997 GMC Yukon GT
Occupation
Aircraft Maintenance Engineer
Country flag
How about having to delete and re-install PAAK daily!?

OP
OP
HuntingPudel

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
How about having to delete and re-install PAAK daily!?
Ha-Ha! I have deleted so many PaaKs for a Ford server side issue that it’s not funny. It’s also the first thing I tried after getting the first notification. 🤪🐩

mikeinet

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Standard AWD Tech/Comfort
Occupation
Cyber Security, First Responder
Country flag
Yeah... I consider it like a extra layer of security :)

And a good indicator if I have cell service wherever I am... if I walk away and phone doesn't vibrate, I know something is up with either the phone or the car!

OP
OP
HuntingPudel

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Yeah... I consider it like a extra layer of security :)

And a good indicator if I have cell service wherever I am... if I walk away and phone doesn't vibrate, I know something is up with either the phone or the car!
Yeah, but it’s a false notification since the car is locked before I walk away. I want to roll up a newspaper and whack the FP devs across the rump with it. 🤪🐩

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I always hit the lock button on the inside door panel, the lock icon on the outside of the door, or the 7-8/9-0 combination on the keypad before I walk away from my car. I almost always verify by watching the mirrors fold before walking away. For the last couple of weeks, I have been getting a notification in the FordPass app that my doors were locked by Walk-Away Lock. The FordPass app is just plain stupid. 😕🐩
I'm not saying that it isn't dumb that the car doesn't check to see if it's already locked before notifying you, but if you always manually lock the car, why do you have walk-away lock enabled?

OP
OP
HuntingPudel

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I'm not saying that it isn't dumb that the car doesn't check to see if it's already locked before notifying you, but if you always manually lock the car, why do you have walk-away lock enabled?
Good question since I disabled it on Day 1. Maybe it got reset. Funny as hell I didn’t think of it. 🤪🐩

2021-MMEx-RT1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MMEx CA Route 1
Occupation
Yes
Country flag
...Alzheimer's.

OP
OP
HuntingPudel

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag

TD1273

First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ford F-350
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
you can turn the function off

OP
OP
HuntingPudel

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
OK, I figured that since the obvious parameters hadn’t changed (departure schedule, charge locations, previous navigation routes) the one stupid binary parameter for the walk away lock hadn’t somehow changed itself. WRONG! I changed that back at work. I drove home and locked the car (mirrors folded by themselves). It beeped at me when I got about 3 yards away and I got a notification about walk away lock. Unlocked car, got in, checked settings, locked car and closed door. Mirrors folded and I walked away. Nothing. Love these random bugs. FP 4.17.0 just plain sucks. 😱🐩

ctenidae

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
DMG GT; Taycan, Q7, Sienna Hybrid
Occupation
Solver of problems
Country flag
Tesla allows you to disable walk away lock at set locations, like your garage. Man, that was handy and a joy when it got released. Ford really needs to implement it, so that every time I walk through the garage, take out garbage, turn off the pool filter, or do anything within about 10 feet of the car it doesn't unlock then relock.

Unfortunately, I think Ford has it set so that it only works in my garage, and will never unlock itself in a parking lot or anywhere useful.
Sponsored