whadenIV

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 GTPE, '02 M3, '11 F-150
Country flag
Good looking wheels, too bad they're making those strange noises - yikes!
How are you liking the Conti EC DWS06 tires (rain & dry performance)? Have you done any canyon carving/spirited driving with them?
1. Love the profile picture.
2. I have the same tires on the GTPE and my e46 M3. I love them. I had the GTPE in the WV mountains on switch back roads and they did awesome in spirited driving. I highly recommend. Have had absolutely no issue in rain and a little slush. I haven't used them in a full snow yet but have in the M3 and they are really good.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Pushrods&Capacitors

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 4X, ‘14 SS Sedan tuned, ‘17 WRX tuned
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
Spitballing - in no particular order.

Something is touching the dust shield? (wheel weight?)
You have a bagpiper stuck down there.
maybe a bad hub bearing (doubtful)
Did you use the hubcentric ring? is that interfering. (I did use the plastic ring)
Curious if the wheel is actually flat on the hub.
Is the noise on both sides or just the drivers?
Maybe remove the wheel (if you haven't) and see if there any scrapes on the inside of the wheel
Did you torque to 150 ft-lbs? (THIS IS ALOT - my torque wrench maxes at 150)
It’s the wheels.
No interference.
No marks at all.
Torqued to 150 multiple passes to verify. I have a 250 ft lb torque wrench.
Noise on both sides, emanating from the spokes mainly when you get down close you can localize better.
Hub centric centering ring installed.
It was all checked and rechecked.

The new OZ Racing GTs sound the same as OEM.

OP
OP
Pushrods&Capacitors

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
Good looking wheels, too bad they're making those strange noises - yikes!
How are you liking the Conti EC DWS06 tires (rain & dry performance)? Have you done any canyon carving/spirited driving with them?
Ok, unpopular opinion coming - I only picked the Conti DWS06 for our 4X because it really needs AS capability. It’s my wife’s car and I run summer tires exclusively on my SS Sedan. That said, they are pretty good so far, but I believe the Goodyear Exhilarate and Michelin Pilot AS4 are better bets for truly spirited driving based on Tire Rack test results. Just my opinion.

The Contis do have a rep for great winter traction in light snow so if that’s a factor for you then you’ll likely be pleased. Plus, they’re a bit cheaper than the the others mentioned.

EELinneman

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT Performance Edition
Occupation
Sr. Dir Cloud & Projects
Country flag
It could be worse. Tesla delivered a car minus a brake pad and is not supporting the buyer.

OP
OP
Pushrods&Capacitors

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
Wow too bad, those wheels look awesome on there. So um....are they for sale now? ?
Tire Rack agreed the wheels were the issue and took them back. Then we got very lucky and scored a new set of OZ Racing Gran Turismo HLT wheels in the same size/offset and with the same Conti EC DWS06 tires in 255/45-20. They’re the top wheels in the pic:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Warning! Do not buy ASA GT-14 wheels for your MME- info inside 80506FCC-62AC-466E-A058-223CE3B6BBFC

bristol16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 GTPE, '15 SS
Country flag
Tire Rack agreed the wheels were the issue and took them back. Then we got very lucky and scored a new set of OZ Racing Gran Turismo HLT wheels in the same size/offset and with the same Conti EC DWS06 tires in 255/45-20. They’re the top wheels in the pic:
80506FCC-62AC-466E-A058-223CE3B6BBFC.jpeg
Those look great too. I think the diamond lip against the silver really sells it. Nice sneak peak at the Commodore too!

Jasonbourne

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e 2022
Occupation
Military
The offset is very important with the size of the front brakes. That’s why I went with Vossen for my 22’s
Hey I was wondering what info would i need to buy my rims. I’m not sure what offset is and you seem Knowledgeable. I don’t wanna buy the wrong rims. Looking for 20 in by 9 or 8.5

Superfly-Vic

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Hey bro, so I would get a quote from the Vossen website. When you say your interested they will send you a price with the offsets included. The reason I would trust that quote even if you go with another branch is because they already did their homework and designed rims for our car.. mine are 22’s x 9.5 and they fit like a glove both in the front and back with diff offests
Sponsored