Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
It never would have occurred to me that dealers would be marking up cars that you could order through the website if I hadn't read about it on this forum.
dealers gotta dealer ?
Sponsored

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Well, I chose my dealer based on them not charging ADM, and I thought they’d take X-plan. ? on no ADM, but last week they told me they’re not doing X-plan. Too late to switch, obviously. I would have chosen a dealer half the distance from me who does X-plan if I had known.
Yep, it's a tricky situation pre-ordering and waiting months, as just walking away and going to another dealership (the normal recourse when a retailer does you wrong, i.e. "taking your business elsewhere") comes with a penalty of months lost back on waiting list again.

Fortunately my dealer honored X-Plan with no problem. But ya never really know for sure until you actually complete the purchase. I purposely did all communications with them by email rather than phone call, and I explicitly confirmed X-Plan and no ADM with them. Even that was no solid guarantee, but at least I knew I'd have a paper trail I could go back to and show as evidence if I wanted to push an appeal later. Thankfully it never came to that, but glad I had it in written form.

Alan Minnesota

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium
Country flag
When I was on the hunt for mine I called a LOT of dealers as they were taking delivery of orders. I encountered a few who were adding $ to the price just to keep people like me from calling with interest when the vehicle started appearing on their site. A few were doing this with their “test drive only” models too. Any chance it’s just to shoo away other interest, and your order price is still good?

secretvampire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Dark Matter Gray MME GT
Country flag
When I was on the hunt for mine I called a LOT of dealers as they were taking delivery of orders. I encountered a few who were adding $ to the price just to keep people like me from calling with interest when the vehicle started appearing on their site. A few were doing this with their “test drive only” models too. Any chance it’s just to shoo away other interest, and your order price is still good?
I think this is the most likely answer. My GT which has been shipped from the factory and is due for delivery in a few weeks is listed with a $20k(!!!) ADM on the dealer's website. I originally made the online order through Ford and it shows no ADM. They've delivered several Selects and Premiums in the past few months with no issues and have been good to me so far. Not worried about it.

OP
OP

Skater

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-250, Mustang, Mini, 330ix
Occupation
Logistics manager
Country flag
Ok here is a quick update. No ADM! But no x-plan. The sales manager told me they accept the plan but there's nothing for the Mach-E. Should I call him on that? Thought x plan also capped fees?

Thank you all for you help and advice. The last car I bought new was 1991 subaru legecy so it's been a while

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Ok here is a quick update. No ADM! But no x-plan. The sales manager told me they accept the plan but there's nothing for the Mach-E. Should I call him on that? Thought x plan also capped fees?

Thank you all for you help and advice. The last car I bought new was 1991 subaru legecy so it's been a while
Others have already mentioned buying via X-Plan in this very discussion, and of course elsewhere on the site. So yes, plan pricing is an available option for this vehicle. And yes, it caps fees for non-value add dealer items (such as paperwork fees) to $100.

I think your salesperson just needs to print an invoice for your VIN that shows X-plan on the invoice.
Sponsored