Was my car blocked by FordPass servers?

mpshizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 4X
Country flag
Weird thing happened with my car and I'm curious if anyone else encountered this or if it was just me..

From the time I picked up my car until today the connected services only partially worked. The things that were missing:
  • Never got paak setup prompts in the app, and if I went to it myself under "vehicle" it just resulted in an error
  • Plug and charge got stuck on "activation pending" online
  • Connected navigation also stuck on "activation pending"
  • In the car digital assistant, accompanying services, and searching for chargers all were grayed out
I called FordPass service on multiple occasions for all of this and every time I ran through troubleshooting steps with them, they didn't know what to do, escalated the case, and I never heard back.

Then today I randomly got an email saying that plug and charge had been activated and all of the stuff I was missing just appeared and started working all at the same time.

So it's as if something on my car was partially blocked on the Ford servers and today it randomly was fixed??
Sponsored

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
The requests finally trickled through cyber space and the planets aligned. That’s FordPass for you. My wife’s car activated and everything went smoothly at the dealer from the first moment. Mine wouldn’t connect until a couple hours after we got it home, suddenly got a notification that it was activated and I could set up my profile. EA activation with free KW didn’t show up for a few days. And so on.

exact33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E, Fusion
Country flag
My fob will not open the car now unless I hit the unlock button. Same for paak. Both worked until about a week ago

mburtsvt

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just 1 Rapid Red Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Weird thing happened with my car and I'm curious if anyone else encountered this or if it was just me..

From the time I picked up my car until today the connected services only partially worked. The things that were missing:
  • Never got paak setup prompts in the app, and if I went to it myself under "vehicle" it just resulted in an error
  • Plug and charge got stuck on "activation pending" online
  • Connected navigation also stuck on "activation pending"
  • In the car digital assistant, accompanying services, and searching for chargers all were grayed out
I called FordPass service on multiple occasions for all of this and every time I ran through troubleshooting steps with them, they didn't know what to do, escalated the case, and I never heard back.

Then today I randomly got an email saying that plug and charge had been activated and all of the stuff I was missing just appeared and started working all at the same time.

So it's as if something on my car was partially blocked on the Ford servers and today it randomly was fixed??
It took a week and a day until all of the Ford pass features were avalible to set up. The last was FordPass charging network. I have not tried Plug and play yet, so........

OP
OP
mpshizzle

mpshizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 4X
Country flag
Well guess it's not unique then ha ha.. mine was almost 3 weeks

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
I’m glad it finally worked for you!
Sponsored