Was SR RWD a mistake?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tiguan R Line (awaiting Mach E delivery)
Country flag
My new MME Standard range RWD arrives tomorrow in the UK and although I can’t wait!… I cant help but feel like I shoulda paid the extra for the added features … at the time of ordering There was no info on different spec levels ??‍♂

I definitely feel like things like folding wing mirrors should have been standard accords the board and definitely feel a bit annoyed at some of the things I’ve realised aren’t included, will I get over it very quickly tomorrow once the car arrives? Or am I always going to feel a bit left out?
Sponsored

Holy Driver

First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E RWD SR
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I am driving a RWD SR 2 weeks now and I am missing nothing.
I thought I would miss folding wing mirrors but I don't.
Folding mirrors are just few centimeters. Not worth talking about.

What do you think you are going to be missing?

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tiguan R Line (awaiting Mach E delivery)
Country flag
I am driving a RWD SR 2 weeks now and I am missing nothing.
I thought I would miss folding wing mirrors but I don't.
Folding mirrors are just few centimeters. Not worth talking about.

What do you think you are going to be missing?
Thanks mate!
Not sure exactly … just seems every time I see a post on someone’s new car they have something cool… i go check & what do you know, it’s not included ?? I think I’m just nervous for the big arrival, but was hoping for a comment like yours to settle my fears lol

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
Not sure how things work in Europe, but you might be talking about two different things: Select versus Premium trim, and then the battery/motor configuration.

Premium includes the power folding mirrors and a whole lot of other goodies over the Select, like 360 camera, heated seats, 19” wheels, premium B&O sounds system, etc. In my opinion, yes, Premium is very much the way to go. It includes a LOT of upgrades.

As for battery and motor configuration, you’ll probably be just fine with the standard pack and RWD. It all comes down to how much range you realistically think you’ll need. In opinion, the best configurations are (1) AWD Extended, and (2) save $7,700 and get the RWD Standard. The other two possible combinations are either unacceptably sluggish or have unacceptably low range.

cjk422

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Select AWD Infinite Blue
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Not sure how things work in Europe, but you might be talking about two different things: Select versus Premium trim, and then the battery/motor configuration.

Premium includes the power folding mirrors and a whole lot of other goodies over the Select, like 360 camera, heated seats, 19” wheels, premium B&O sounds system, etc. In my opinion, yes, Premium is very much the way to go. It includes a LOT of upgrades.

As for battery and motor configuration, you’ll probably be just fine with the standard pack and RWD. It all comes down to how much range you realistically think you’ll need. In opinion, the best configurations are (1) AWD Extended, and (2) save $7,700 and get the RWD Standard. The other two possible combinations are either unacceptably sluggish or have unacceptably low range.

I went with Select AWD SR. Yeah, I wish I could have gotten the extended range, but that would have been an additional ~$7k. I would have missed out on my state's rebate and honestly, the extra 60 miles isn't work ~$1k/ten miles.

MG101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
a car
Country flag
The other two possible combinations are either unacceptably sluggish or have unacceptably low range.
It's all relative. My max commute is 10 miles some days even less. It took 8 years to put 48k on my last car. I can drive across my state diagonally over 3 times on a full charge in my awd sr. Everyone has different needs.

yhuang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I've got an SR AWD premium. I had extensive thoughts during the purchasing process:
- I have to have AWD for where I live. Otherwise, RWD would be quite a bit better for range and price. I never needed the extra acceleration from AWD.
- Tech/comfy package, for me, was a $2300 difference on top of base select with AWD (from dealer's quote). I would value the heated seat, 360 camera (already using the cameras a lot), and the future Blue Drive. So I think this was the right choice, but the clear answer would have to wait until Blue Drive is out.
- Then I was contemplating between select with tech/comfy package or the premium. For me, it was an additional $1800 difference. For the extra features from the premium, the big glass is a good thing to have but then I need to spend $100 for a third-party shade, plus the time to put it on and take it off depending on the occasion. Passenger lumbar is a useful feature. 10 speakers are marginally better but still not great (compared to my headphone), so I wouldn't mind the base 6 speaker setup. Couldn't care less about the power liftgate, folding mirror, and internal lighting.
- I didn't have an AWD ER within my 100-mile range. But even if I have it, probably won't pay the extra $5000 for the range. Don't need it in my daily drive, and it's less efficient due to weight. Will certainly miss it on road trips. But then how many road trips do I do each year?
Hope these thoughts help prospective adopters...

Dermot Vermin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
SRD Black
Country flag
My new MME Standard range RWD arrives tomorrow in the UK and although I can’t wait!… I cant help but feel like I shoulda paid the extra for the added features … at the time of ordering There was no info on different spec levels ??‍♂

I definitely feel like things like folding wing mirrors should have been standard accords the board and definitely feel a bit annoyed at some of the things I’ve realised aren’t included, will I get over it very quickly tomorrow once the car arrives? Or am I always going to feel a bit left out?
I got my SR RWD on Wednesday and was gutted when I ordered it as I wanted the higher spec but it's a Company Car so that was all I could get. I wouldn't worry mate, it's awesome, infact, it's better than that. I don't miss folding wing mirrors and it's got heated front seats and steering wheel and loads on there, i'm 100% confident you'll love it and if you don't, there's nowt you can do about it so enjoy!!

praxiscat

First Name
Christine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E, Tesla Model 3
Country flag
I think there is a better case for the SR models in the UK and Europe than in the US, Canada, and Australia.
The long range models make more sense in the US. Where there is good reason for range anxiety.
Likewise the RWD model is probably fine for the UK.

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
Hiya

I’m sure you’ll be fine with what you’ve ordered. The main difference between Standard Range and Extended Range was that they bundled the Tech Pack in with the Extended Range models.

(If you’re outside the UK - you can close your eyes at this point as the UK models were pretty different to the US ones ;) )

This gave the following extras:

- 360 Degree Camera
- Hand Free Tailgate
- B&O Premium Sound System 10-Speaker inc. Dashboard Sound Bar
- Advanced Active Park Assist
- Full Panorama Roof
- Folding Mirrors
- Slightly different seats

… that said the SR model is still a very well equipped car.

I’ve attached the model specification sheets to this message so you can do a full comparison, but just think about the fact you saved yourself £9k on price. :)

Attachments

Deleted member 3569

I don't know what a SR RWD is ??? Standard Range RWD Select trim? ... regardless, I got a Premium RWD with 68kWH battery and as far as the range is concerned here in Florida I do not regret at all. I started @90% SOC with just 175 miles of range, and now after 1,800 miles on the odometer the range increased to almost 200 miles. During first week of ownership (odometer under 200 miles) my maximum range @100% SOC was hardly 197 miles, now @100% SOC it is at more than 257 miles! Of course it is based on your previous trip efficiency as calculated by the GOM. If your are inferring with respect to a 68 kWH battery versus 88 kWH battery then my take is that I do not regret getting at all the 68 kWH capacity battery, given the fact the 88 kWH was a $5K option.
Sponsored