Was the recall work really done?

MustThee?

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach Premium E
I dropped off my car yesterday morning, was told it will take 2-3 days. Yesterday the car didn’t move from its location. This morning I was told glass work will be done today. At 1:32pm I got a text that the car was in the service bay, meaning body shop was done with glass work and now the software update was being applied. At 4pm I got a call that the car was ready for pickup. I drove an hour to reach just 5 mins before closing. The car wasn’t washed as promised, the extra key fob was not programmed as requested, I could see no visible evidence of any work being done and software settings showed up-to-date before and still shows the same. I know some of you can run my VIN to check if the 21P22 was applied. In a way feels ok to get done with the recall without seeing any visible changes but then I wonder if any work was really done. Anyone had a similar short visit and knows that their work was done to make me feel better?
Sponsored

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
This is why I’ve taken to asking for a printed copy of the FDRS activity log. It shows what was and wasn’t completed. Otherwise, taking it on faith, takes an awful lot of faith.

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
I dropped off my car yesterday morning, was told it will take 2-3 days. Yesterday the car didn’t move from its location. This morning I was told glass work will be done today. At 1:32pm I got a text that the car was in the service bay, meaning body shop was done with glass work and now the software update was being applied. At 4pm I got a call that the car was ready for pickup. I drove an hour to reach just 5 mins before closing. The car wasn’t washed as promised, the extra key fob was not programmed as requested, I could see no visible evidence of any work being done and software settings showed up-to-date before and still shows the same. I know some of you can run my VIN to check if the 21P22 was applied. In a way feels ok to get done with the recall without seeing any visible changes but then I wonder if any work was really done. Anyone had a similar short visit and knows that their work was done to make me feel better?
If no one else gets to you tonight, you can PM me your VIN and I’ll check tomorrow when I’m back at the office if they did the 21P22 updates. I would doubt they wouldn’t do the recall, because if you got in an accident and either of the recall issues took place during it, that dealership would be liable up the wazoo. But if they didn’t wash it, it’s pretty obvious if they did it or not, at least mine was. I guess they could have disconnected the battery or swim thing and then towed it to the body shop, so you wouldn’t see anything, but that seems highly unlikely. There was the old black gasket crumbled all over the dash.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I can smell the work done to my car. The adhesive is pretty dang strong. Did you not notice any new odor?

I've been running the outside air to try and vent it out.

Also, I can see that at least one retention clip is missing under the cowl side cover. I've never removed those covers for fear of losing clips, ? but I understand that's a necessary step for the repairs and for the module programming.

OP
OP
MustThee?

MustThee?

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach Premium E
I can smell the work done to my car. The adhesive is pretty dang strong. Did you not notice any new odor?

I've been running the outside air to try and vent it out.

Also, I can see that at least one retention clip is missing under the cowl side cover. I've never removed those covers for fear of losing clips, ? but I understand that's a necessary step for the repairs and for the module programming.
Nothing at all, no smell, nothing out of place so that’s why I am really wondering. Maybe it’s a good thing that everything is so perfect and that it was done so quickly but makes me question it more. The dealer provided a slip showing it was done so I will keep that and their update in the system takes a few days but eventually should clear out the recall pending on my car so those will be my official records.

OP
OP
MustThee?

MustThee?

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach Premium E
Additionally, the wind noise has not reduced at all. I can still hear it more than my other cars but I know I can’t compare to them. But no change from this recall service which I thought the sealing should help.

OP
OP
MustThee?

MustThee?

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach Premium E
Yeah kind of weird situation for me, after reading all of these horror stories about cars being dirty or damaged after the recall, I have to complain about the car being in perfect condition. Maybe they will be able to show me something other then the print out I got to prove it was completed.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
My car was immaculate, except for 2 fingerprints that you could only see by sticking your head into the windshield area and looking at the headliner. I pulled around to the Body Shop and they immediately cleaned them off.

I was surprised that I see no suction cup marks on the windshield, nor was it cleaned. Usually a glass guy will clean the windshield inside and out when you get a new one. No big deal though.

I have no concerns that mine was not done completely.

It shouldn't smell because it's supposed to sit with the windows open while it cures.

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
I highly doubt they did the recall if you don't smell anything. It was pretty overpowering in my car when I picked it up. It's now almost 2 months later and it's not completely gone yet.
I will say I didn’t smell anything when I picked my car up. But I’ve got a poor olfactory sense, a good attribute in a nurse. And my car sat for a couple days between letting it cure, be reassembled, and my work schedule.

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Additionally, the wind noise has not reduced at all. I can still hear it more than my other cars but I know I can’t compare to them. But no change from this recall service which I thought the sealing should help.
This may not tell anything. My wind noise was much WORSE after the windshield swap. Luckily my dealer had already ordered the weather stripping TSB repair part. Looked like a poor fox. But audibly it’s night and day.

smartino

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 RR Mach E First Edition, 2017 Honda Ridgeline
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I had the recall work done last week. Like others have said the glue order was and is very strong. Also I could see all the suction cup marks all over the windshield that I had to clean. And finally I have a very early build and the windshield was much lower in relation to the roof and that was resolved which helps dramatically with the wind noise.

Jeffvisor

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-e
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Nothing at all, no smell, nothing out of place so that’s why I am really wondering. Maybe it’s a good thing that everything is so perfect and that it was done so quickly but makes me question it more. The dealer provided a slip showing it was done so I will keep that and their update in the system takes a few days but eventually should clear out the recall pending on my car so those will be my official records.
I agree mine smelled when I got it back and mine took 3 weeks but they broke the windshield when taking it out. I got all kinds of noticed that doors where being opened and got a message about the battery. It's a very tedious job to remove the headliner that took them a long time for the glass roof.

Jeffvisor

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-e
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
After mine was done I think wind noise is worse.