Washer Fluid smell inside vehicle when spraying? Not really an issue, I don't think, but it is odd

bellyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME FE & '23 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
When spraying windshield washer fluid, has anyone else noticed a strange smell in the cabin of the vehicle? It actually smells like hand sanitizer to me when I spray the washer fluid. Curious if it is just me... Not really an issue, I guess, but I find it strange for sure, as I've never had a car give off a smell in that way before. ?
Sponsored

cmtaylor963

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 1st Ed
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Mine's the same, it has a shockingly strong rubbing alcohol smell. I'm not sure if it was the factory or dealer's doing.

idkhow

Banned
Banned
First Name
Bateman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 mach-e premium, van down by the river
Occupation
it plumber, auto detailer
Country flag
Same, maybe they really wanted to make sure it wouldn't freeze in transit, or possibly some of the water's evaporated leaving us with ultra strong cleaner?

No clue but looking forward to blending up some less noxious Kristall Klar

TRP

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E P4x, Ford F150
Country flag
Haven't used mine yet. It was basically empty tho. Took half a gallon to fill it up

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
When spraying windshield washer fluid, has anyone else noticed a strange smell in the cabin of the vehicle? It actually smells like hand sanitizer to me when I spray the washer fluid. Curious if it is just me... Not really an issue, I guess, but I find it strange for sure, as I've never had a car give off a smell in that way before. ?
This is pretty common in my experience TBH. My Fusion was like it, the gf's C-Max is like it, and a lot of rentals across many manufacturers have been like it.

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag
This is pretty common in my experience TBH. My Fusion was like it, the gf's C-Max is like it, and a lot of rentals across many manufacturers have been like it.
The intake for the A/C is at the base of the windshield I think.

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I love the Mach-Es windshield wiper fluid smell. I use it pretty much every day because I park outside and I pretty much always get a fine layer of pollen I wanna clear off my windshield.

I was sad when the Mach-E told me to refill the wiper fluid. I tried to find Motorcraft wiper fluid, but it seems to be only sold at dealers and in concentrate form. Defeated, I bought Rain-X, but the smell isn’t the same.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I love the Mach-Es windshield wiper fluid smell. I use it pretty much every day because I park outside and I pretty much always get a fine layer of pollen I wanna clear off my windshield.

I was sad when the Mach-E told me to refill the wiper fluid. I tried to find Motorcraft wiper fluid, but it seems to be only sold at dealers and in concentrate form. Defeated, I bought Rain-X, but the smell isn’t the same.
You could sell your Mach-E and buy another. Just doing my part to help. ?‍♂

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
You could sell your Mach-E and buy another. Just doing my part to help. ?‍♂
With the GT's launching, the ability for an individual to take multiple federal tax credits each year, sky high used car prices, and not quite 2,000 miles on my odometer, it's a definite maybe. ;)

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
The intake for the A/C is at the base of the windshield I think.
yeah in many cars it is and that's the root cause for the smell coming in; the other piece is the odor of the fluid in the first place. :)

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag

yes, I have noticed washer fluid smell almost instantly in cabin after spraying windshield. Not sure if its due to draining near cabin air intake or what, but it does 'smell' every time I use it.

I've also noticed that the passenger-side upper right doesn't clear very well. driver's side is pretty good, passenger side not so good.

Mosworthy

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD SR
Country flag
Just got the warning of lowness
I'm so sad, I'll miss that smell

OP
OP
bellyer

bellyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME FE & '23 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
Well, if it is any consolation, I recently topped my mine up after the low washer fluid warning and I still get that same smell.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Well, if it is any consolation, I recently topped my mine up after the low washer fluid warning and I still get that same smell.
I should probably start a candle business with this smell.

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
I should probably start a candle business with this smell.

I am hoping there isn't a leak somewhere behind the footwell trim.... I have noticed the smell pretty much instantly when I use windshield sprayer. Actually have not even tested the rear, but after reading a few threads I think I will!
Sponsored