Water pooling in boot interior trim/dripping

Sin_Chase

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E AWD ER
So, a number of weeks ago after some heavy rainfall I opened the boot and noted some water dripping into the interior area. I didn't pay a huge amount of attention to it at that time and put it down to some stray surface run off. I thought to myself the drainage channel design must have been a little poor if water was so easily finding its way into the interior when the boot was opened.

Today has also seen periods of very heavy rainfall. I opened the boot and a literal waterfall started falling out of the right hand side grab handle. The flow stopped and just dripped upon full opening. When the boot started closed again when activating the close button even more water gushed out. I stopped the close and let it all drip out. Managed to capture a video if the last little bit of water leaking.

There is definitely pooling in the vehicle somewhere as the outside was largely dry at this stage and there was no real surface water that needed to drain. At a loss to work out if this is a poor seal on the rear glass, light clusters or elsewhere. Given the location and the fact EVERYTHING else appears dry I was considering that perhaps it could be a poor connection or split in the rear washer lines? The rainfall might just be coincidental as this does not happen every time it rains and/or the car is washed but I have been using the rear washer a lot recently.

Perhaps someone has a technical drawing of this area so I can see where the lines run?

Suffice to say, I've booked it in with my dealer but otherwise pretty disappointed to find a defect of this nature.

Video

Ford Mustang Mach-E Water pooling in boot interior trim/dripping 20211126_162949
Sponsored

Last edited:

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
You are not alone - I have this too on my 2021 RWD ER model - first happened back in June after a heavy rain shower.

Had a few months where it never happened again (surprisingly over the summer) but a couple of weeks back I was driving and looked in my rear view mirror to see water running down the inside of the back window. I pulled over and the cargo cover was wet, and the water was dripping down from the top of the windscreen area.

It’s now happening on a regular basis. :(

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
OP
OP
Sin_Chase

Sin_Chase

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E AWD ER

Motomax

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW GLI, 4Runner
Country flag
I had a little water coming out of the center piece above the window after opening the hatch once. Mines a september build so I guess they never fixed it.