Woeo

First Name
Woeo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Energi
Country flag
Maybe I am missing something, but I don't understand why I am not seeing any discussion of MME onboard Navigation's ability to multi-waypoint trip plan with charging stops--similar to the ABRP app.

Using the myTrips menu we can select and order multiple destination points for a trip then calculate/add charging stops. Replace individual charging stations if desired. Can even optimize the order/sequence of stops for a trip.

I've put in upwards of six or seven destinations before the system maxes out. myTrip also offers POI & weather information for each waypoint, plus charger availability for many of the major networks.

I don't believe waypoint trip planning is available in Tesla despite Musk promises dating back years. Tesla has a return to start function but not as useful as ABRP or MME myTrips.

If I am missing something obvious let me know....but I think this is pretty cool.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Waypoint Trip Planning 1639030593432

Ford Mustang Mach-E Waypoint Trip Planning 1639030664074

Ford Mustang Mach-E Waypoint Trip Planning 1639030741748

Ford Mustang Mach-E Waypoint Trip Planning 1639031546228

Last edited:

RockwallRick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Maverick FX4
Country flag
Maybe I gave up on it too soon, but I prefer to use Apple Maps on CarPlay. I use ABRP and Plugshare to plan for charging stops.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Yes, it does work in the car. It’s a bummer they’ve never implemented it on the app or website. It would be better to be able to plan a multi-waypoint trip in advance without having to go out to the car to do it.

OP
OP
Woeo

Woeo

First Name
Woeo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Energi
Country flag
Yes, it does work in the car. It’s a bummer they’ve never implemented it on the app or website. It would be better to be able to plan a multi-waypoint trip in advance without having to go out to the car to do it.
Obviously. I am hopeful they are working on that as we speak.

However you can enter destinations/waypoints from the app and send them to the car—where they can be easily added to a trip. Up to 10.

ABRP, as good as it is—and I recommend paying for their premium service—still can’t incorporate real time battery info.

Last edited:

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Obviously. I am hopeful they are working on that as we speak.

However you can enter destinations/waypoints from the app and send them to the car—where they can be easily added to a trip. Up to 10.

ABRP, as good as it is—and I recommend paying for their service—still can’t incorporate real time battery info.
What I did was slide the battery % on ABRP to reflect reality. Car says 56%, ABRP says 49%, adjust it. Changes rest of route if applicable. You can also go into the parameters and change things like temperature, wind, passenger weight, ...

jjhenry

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-E GT, '69 Chevy C20, '99 Rodeo, '09 Vespa
Occupation
IT
Country flag
This is a cool feature, but a couple days ago the Ford nav sent me to a chain store location that had closed down months ago; before my car was even built. I have also found the voice recognition to be lacking. I'm hesitant to use it again.

OP
OP
Woeo

Woeo

First Name
Woeo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Energi
Country flag
What I did was slide the battery % on ABRP to reflect reality. Car says 56%, ABRP says 49%, adjust it. Changes rest of route if applicable. You can also go into the parameters and change things like temperature, wind, passenger weight, ...
I love ABRP for all those reasons and use it for pretrip planning as it is much easier to use but I don’t find the CarPlay version/app works well so I transfer the waypoints over to the MME Nav and adjust the MME charging suggestions when they conflict with ABRP
Sponsored