We Digitally Reveal the 2021 Mach E From Latest Spy Pics!

Whatstreet

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevrolet Volt, Ford Expedition
Occupation
Electronics Engineer
Country flag
The pony car following has been about the sport coupe. The Mustang, Camaro and Charger were about personnel transportation/performance, not about utility and versatility.

Now we have a Mustang that is called an SUV and has four doors and a hatchback, does not have an ICE and needs to be charged.

Do to electric drive train it has very high torque and horsepower which yields race car acceleration from 0-60 and quarter mile times.

Will there be super coupes going forward or has the Mustang name been shanghid?

MachSpeed

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ranger XLT 4x4 SuperCrew 2015 Mustang EcoBoost convertible
Country flag
The pony car following has been about the sport coupe. The Mustang, Camaro and Charger were about personnel transportation/performance, not about utility and versatility.

Now we have a Mustang that is called an SUV and has four doors and a hatchback, does not have an ICE and needs to be charged.

Do to electric drive train it has very high torque and horsepower which yields race car acceleration from 0-60 and quarter mile times.

Will there be super coupes going forward or has the Mustang name been shanghid?
When the next gen Mustang arrives there will be a EV Mustang with mind numbing performance.

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Edge Sport (tuned)
Country flag
To many people, the word "performance" only has one meaning.

It is the meaning that Elon uses in all his speeches and when announcing the new roadster.... he touts 0~60 times, and 1/4 miles times and even top speed (230+ MPH). He along with many other non-enthusiasts don't understand road racing, or braking, or cornering, or trail breaking, etc.... & believe that acceleration in only performance metric there is.

So until we know how this new Mustang handles, then we won't know what a failure it is. Or how heavy it is, or how well it brakes, or turns in, etc.

MachSpeed

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

It is the meaning that Elon uses in all his speeches and when announcing the new roadster.... he touts 0~60 times, and 1/4 miles times and even top speed (230+ MPH). He along with many other non-enthusiasts don't understand road racing, or braking, or cornering, or trail breaking, etc.... & believe that acceleration in only performance metric there is.

So until we know how this new Mustang handles, then we won't know what a failure it is. Or how heavy it is, or how well it brakes, or turns in, etc.
I'm not into racing like to watch it on tv every once in a while to me performance is a car that's fun to drive I can push hard in curves and pass the a-hole out for a Sunday drive on Tuesday with ease.

ejss

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Ford Focus
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag

I think you're not giving Elon enough credit. He threw the Model S plaid edition at the nurburgring. Arguably the most famous road track in the world. I'm looking forward to seeing a Mach E there.

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Edge Sport (tuned)
Country flag
After he built the car, not for testing & designing...

JB.

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvette z51 and alfa stelvio ti sport
Country flag
Most cuv s are not track vehicles. If we could get great acceleration and a low center of gravity we are good to go.

Zero to 60 mph in 3.5 seconds is blistering. I like that ford is offering a choice of 300 mile range and 5.5 seconds or a 250 mole range and 0 to 60 in 3.5 seconds.

Anything over 200 mile range is really fine fir most ...300 is way more than 78 percent of the drivers will even need.

The 80 percent charge in under 40 minutes would be awesome.

The last 20 percent has to go slow in almost all electric vehicles today.

I believe it will boil down to what the new Mach E looks like as a final product. What it costs and how it performs.

Whatstreet

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevrolet Volt, Ford Expedition
Occupation
Electronics Engineer
Country flag
All of this requirement for performance is really about competing with the Tesla Model Y specs.

However, most people don't buy the performance version or even the AWD version of the Model 3. Those who seek utility usually are not that demanding for performance in acceleration. The volume will be for the Select trim level and at the price after tax incentives, it is ahead of any EV available today.

JB.

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvette z51 and alfa stelvio ti sport
Country flag
Maybe your right...I tend to think a high performance meaning quick acceleration is what sets the tone for the vehicle. Im sure you are correct that the majority of sales will be in the 5.5 second model.

I do think awd in winter snow states is a must.

For whatever it costs the manufacturer to get quick is money well spent ...its all about image.

Teslas sedans are sexy looking and quick...its cuvs are kind of frumpy looking.

The segment will be built on quick and sexy looking cuv s...

Im hopeful the Mach E has that magic.

60 minus 7 (gov subsidy) equals 53 grand for a zero to sixty in 3.5 seconds and will set the bar high especially if the Mach E is sexy looking.

Thats what sells...

The mid range 5.5 second volume leader will carry the profits for ford without question.

Looking forward to sunday night reveal.

My confidence of ford delivering excellence is high.

MachSpeed

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The mid range 5.5 second volume leader will carry the profits for ford without question.

Looking forward to sunday night reveal.

My confidence of ford delivering excellence is high.
I agree I'm looking for Ford to nail this one with no slip ups that's how important this car is.
Sponsored