Some of us just got screwed by New Jersey - but Ford is stepping up!

c max

First Name
phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Premium Rapid Red
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Also found Sara Bluhm:

Office of State Energy Services

Sara Bluhm, Director609-777-3327
Great job w/ all the info....the more that hear us and feel our pain, hahaha, the better......
Sponsored

c max

First Name
phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Premium Rapid Red
Occupation
retired
Country flag
OK, just got off the phone with Ann King from Charge Up.......it seems that those of us who ordered before 12-15-20 qualify for the incentive.....I asked her flat out, in my case, car ordered 7-10-20, delivery (as of today) 2-17-21 will I qualify she said YES.....and all those who take delivery by March 15 should also qualify....of course, March 15 is the date you must file initial application......she also said those who take delivery after March 15 should reach out to them.....I got the impression, some of the problems were not anticipated and they ,BPU ,are trying to make it right and maybe there is wiggle room.....she stressed about reaching out to them if your delivery is after 3-15-21......oh, also MME should be on the list of eligible vehicles in the next few days, if not very soon.....they too are working from home......if I haven't answered your questions or created more questions than answers, sorry....call them, they are very helpful and easy to deal with......if I can be of any help just ask.......take care, good luck to us all...

OP
OP
timbop

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
OK, just got off the phone with Ann King from Charge Up.......it seems that those of us who ordered before 12-15-20 qualify for the incentive.....I asked her flat out, in my case, car ordered 7-10-20, delivery (as of today) 2-17-21 will I qualify she said YES.....and all those who take delivery by March 15 should also qualify....of course, March 15 is the date you must file initial application......she also said those who take delivery after March 15 should reach out to them.....I got the impression, some of the problems were not anticipated and they ,BPU ,are trying to make it right and maybe there is wiggle room.....she stressed about reaching out to them if your delivery is after 3-15-21......oh, also MME should be on the list of eligible vehicles in the next few days, if not very soon.....they too are working from home......if I haven't answered your questions or created more questions than answers, sorry....call them, they are very helpful and easy to deal with......if I can be of any help just ask.......take care, good luck to us all...
Excellent work, Phil!

SoriceConsulting

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sorice.com
Vehicles
2023 GTPE, Rapid Red
Occupation
IT Consultant
Country flag
Agreed - great work! I just called and did not get through. I've sent a bunch of emails and will let everyone know what answers I get.

SAM

First Name
SAM
Threads
Reaction score
A little bit of a mystical kingdom, like Camelot
Vehicles
Premium MME4X Iconic Silver
Country flag
Good news for those who ordered by 12/15/2020. Thanks for passing on the info!

SoriceConsulting

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sorice.com
Vehicles
2023 GTPE, Rapid Red
Occupation
IT Consultant
Country flag
This seems to make it pretty clear. File for rebate by March 15th or you need to wait for point-of-sale to start. Probably what I'll do.

What I must say is that the staff at Charge Up New Jersey (specific kudos to Ann King) have been very responsive and helpful. They're not telling us what we would like to hear but they are being forthright and honest. Works for me!

------------------------------------------------
Thank you for your patience, I know this is a little confusing. Now that I understand your situation better I can answer those questions.

Since you will not be taking delivery of the vehicle until after March 15th, it is likely that you will not be able to receive the incentive for this funding period. Applications are closed on March 15th and to my knowledge there will be no exceptions.

However, there is a possibility you will be eligible for the next round of funding this summer. When the program opens back up this summer, there will be a specific start date and date of purchase requirement for that fiscal period’s budget. If this date encompasses your purchase/delivery date, then you will apply during that time with your dealership.

Unfortunately, that is all the information I have on the situation as of now. We have to wait until you have possession of the vehicle and corresponding documents and hopefully that will time out within one of the funding periods.

I hope this helped. Feel free to call if you need clarification.

Sincerely,
Ann King
Charge Up New Jersey Staff
Center for Sustainable Energy®

Office: (877) 426-2474
[email protected]
chargeup.njcleanenergy.com

SAM

First Name
SAM
Threads
Reaction score
A little bit of a mystical kingdom, like Camelot
Vehicles
Premium MME4X Iconic Silver
Country flag
This seems to make it pretty clear. File for rebate by March 15th or you need to wait for point-of-sale to start. Probably what I'll do.

What I must say is that the staff at Charge Up New Jersey (specific kudos to Ann King) have been very responsive and helpful. They're not telling us what we would like to hear but they are being forthright and honest. Works for me!

Thank you for your patience, I know this is a little confusing. Now that I understand your situation better I can answer those questions.

Since you will not be taking delivery of the vehicle until after March 15th, it is likely that you will not be able to receive the incentive for this funding period. Applications are closed on March 15th and to my knowledge there will be no exceptions.

However, there is a possibility you will be eligible for the next round of funding this summer. When the program opens back up this summer, there will be a specific start date and date of purchase requirement for that fiscal period’s budget. If this date encompasses your purchase/delivery date, then you will apply during that time with your dealership.

Unfortunately, that is all the information I have on the situation as of now. We have to wait until you have possession of the vehicle and corresponding documents and hopefully that will time out within one of the funding periods.

Sincerely,
Ann King

[email protected]
Thanks for forwarding. Now we need to follow the BPU closely.

c max

First Name
phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Premium Rapid Red
Occupation
retired
Country flag

Sincerely,
Ann King

[email protected]
somewhat different from yesterday, she made a point to tell me several times, if delivery after March 15 to "reach out" to them and maybe.......I guess it's better to know for sure.....

c max

First Name
phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Premium Rapid Red
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I know this is a tough topic (the incentives, and what to do) I was wondering how many of us in NJ are scheduled for delivery before the March 15, 2021 deadline??.......if every dealer has at least 5 orders......my dealer All American Ford, Hackensack, the last time I talked to them had at least 5, and they are only one of the several All American Ford dealers.....just wondering......

c max

First Name
phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Premium Rapid Red
Occupation
retired
Country flag
don't know how many of you are visiting this thread but if you read this pass it on to wherever you think more NJ owners would see it....I just checked "Charge Up" and the Mache is finally listed as an eligible vehicle.....at least that's something....

available_username2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cmax energi
Country flag
don't know how many of you are visiting this thread but if you read this pass it on to wherever you think more NJ owners would see it....I just checked "Charge Up" and the Mache is finally listed as an eligible vehicle.....at least that's something....
Now that it's there are we supposed to put our order date as the purchase date?

c max

First Name
phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Premium Rapid Red
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Now that it's there are we supposed to put our order date as the purchase date?
If you are asking me, based on my conversations with Ann King, I believe, that the order date is the purchase date.....if we put the delivery date as purchase date we would be outside of the Dec. 15, 2020 end date......also, from my conversation with Ann King, I will not be filling out the application until I take delivery, hoping it is BEFORE THE MARCH 15 DATE.......she said to me that if you apply too soon, before you have the paperwork, your application could be "deleted" due to lack of action.....I intend to apply when I take delivery and go on from there........PLEASE do not make your decisions based on what I say, go to Charge Up site and email them or leave your number, they will get back to you.....as several posters have said they are good to deal with......good luck to all of us....

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
If you are asking me, based on my conversations with Ann King, I believe, that the order date is the purchase date.....if we put the delivery date as purchase date we would be outside of the Dec. 15, 2020 end date......also, from my conversation with Ann King, I will not be filling out the application until I take delivery, hoping it is BEFORE THE MARCH 15 DATE.......she said to me that if you apply too soon, before you have the paperwork, your application could be "deleted" due to lack of action.....I intend to apply when I take delivery and go on from there........PLEASE do not make your decisions based on what I say, go to Charge Up site and email them or leave your number, they will get back to you.....as several posters have said they are good to deal with......good luck to all of us....
My dealer is puzzled on the sales TAX exemption for NJ since the MME is not listed on the NJ site. Anyone know or have anything that says the MME is exempt? There are documents that show each car for each year and since the MME is fresh it's not on the list.

For the clean energy rebate, does it apply to all MME's or ones below the 55K MSRP?

OP
OP
timbop

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
My dealer is puzzled on the sales TAX exemption for NJ since the MME is not listed on the NJ site. Anyone know or have anything that says the MME is exempt? There are documents that show each car for each year and since the MME is fresh it's not on the list.

For the clean energy rebate, does it apply to all MME's or ones below the 55K MSRP?
Yes, the $55k cap still applies.

You can try this: https://www.state.nj.us/mvc/vehicletopics/taxexempt.htm
Sponsored