Some of us just got screwed by New Jersey - but Ford is stepping up!

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I also appreciate American made vehicles even if assembled in Mexico.
It will be interesting to see if the prioritizing of incentives for American made vehicles translates into less of an incentive for cars like the MME that are made in Mexico. I guess we'll have to wait and see.
Sponsored

Johnny

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium SR AWD, Buick Enclave
Occupation
Accountant
Country flag
Just got an encouraging email from the Governor's office:

Hello,
If your order was placed between January 17, 2020 and December 15, 2020 - then you are still eligible for an incentive. The program bases the eligibility date off of the purchase/lease date, which includes the date the order was placed (ex: custom ordered vehicles such as your Ford as well as Teslas). I recommend reaching out directly to Charge Up New Jersey Staff who can assist you, but you'll want to begin an application online sometime before the portal closes on March 15, 2020. Thereafter, you'll upload all the necessary documentation and as long as you meet all other eligibility criteria, then you should be getting a post-purchase incentive at some point via check. Charge Up NJ Staff can be reached at (877) 426-2474 or [email protected].

Regards,
Ashley-Lynn Chrzaszcz

Reactions: UW2

SoriceConsulting

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sorice.com
Vehicles
2023 GTPE, Rapid Red
Occupation
IT Consultant
Country flag

Hello,
If your order was placed between January 17, 2020 and December 15, 2020 - then you are still eligible for an incentive. The program bases the eligibility date off of the purchase/lease date, which includes the date the order was placed (ex: custom ordered vehicles such as your Ford as well as Teslas). I recommend reaching out directly to Charge Up New Jersey Staff who can assist you, but you'll want to begin an application online sometime before the portal closes on March 15, 2020. Thereafter, you'll upload all the necessary documentation and as long as you meet all other eligibility criteria, then you should be getting a post-purchase incentive at some point via check. Charge Up NJ Staff can be reached at (877) 426-2474 or [email protected].

Regards,
Ashley-Lynn Chrzaszcz
That sounds great(!) but let’s all take it with grain of salt. I’m going to email and call to see if they can give me (us) a guarantee in writing that we can get the rebate. One thing I’m wondering (though I have not checked the application details yet) is if I need a VIN before March 15 to qualify. Will let everyone know what I find out and everyone please do the same.

Reactions: UW2
OP
OP
timbop

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag

Hello,

Regards,
Ashley-Lynn Chrzaszcz
It isn't ordered, it's purchased (emphasis added):

"The program’s online portal will remain open until March 15, 2021 for Phase One applications for eligible vehicles purchased between January 17 and December 15, 2020. NJBPU anticipates Phase Two of the Charge Up New Jersey program – which will provide incentives at the time of purchase – will begin in summer 2021."

SoriceConsulting

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sorice.com
Vehicles
2023 GTPE, Rapid Red
Occupation
IT Consultant
Country flag
Good catch timbop, but the wording of the email Johnny received is ambiguous/confusing.

If your order was placed between January 17, 2020 and December 15, 2020 - then you are still eligible for an incentive.

Seems like I qualify, since I did place an order (on 10/20/2020).

Even more confusing:

(ex: custom ordered vehicles such as your Ford as well as Teslas).

Huh? No Tesla qualifies!

Sounds like Ashley-Lynn is not giving sound/correct advice - not trivial as it is a big incentive.

I'll see what I can find out and everyone else let us know what you discover as well.

SoriceConsulting

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sorice.com
Vehicles
2023 GTPE, Rapid Red
Occupation
IT Consultant
Country flag
Here's the email I just sent to [email protected]

-----------------------------------------------------------
I’m confused – please clarify.

I ordered / put down a deposit on a Ford Mustang MachE on 10/20/2020. At the time (and upon which my order is contingent), NJ was offering a $5,000 rebate on qualifying EV purchases.

My order qualified….
Until the rug was pulled out from under us EV buyers when the incentive was abruptly ended as of 12/15/2020.

The incentive is supposed to ‘come back’ as a Point-of-Sale price reduction in the summer of 2021, so I plan on canceling my order and waiting it out.

However….

A fellow User on an enthusiast site I follow (https://www.macheforum.com/), got an email from someone (at your office?) that seems to say the rebate would apply to my purchase:

Hello,

Regards,

Ashley-Lynn Chrzaszcz

So will my pending purchase qualify? How do I find out for sure? Please advise.

JSOrange97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150, Chevrolet Suburban K1500
Country flag
Good catch timbop, but the wording of the email Johnny received is ambiguous/confusing.

If your order was placed between January 17, 2020 and December 15, 2020 - then you are still eligible for an incentive.

Seems like I qualify, since I did place an order (on 10/20/2020).

Even more confusing:

(ex: custom ordered vehicles such as your Ford as well as Teslas).

Huh? No Tesla qualifies!

Sounds like Ashley-Lynn is not giving sound/correct advice - not trivial as it is a big incentive.

I'll see what I can find out and everyone else let us know what you discover as well.
I thought Tesla did qualify, as NJ doesn't use the same guidelines as the feds. The only potential limiter would be MSRP (well trodden ground on the NJ topics.)

JSOrange97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

Hello,

Regards,
Ashley-Lynn Chrzaszcz
Thanks for getting my hopes up. Even if this were true (my order was placed on July 7, 2020), the car would still have to arrive before 3/15, and I'd like to think that would be possible, since the car was built on 1/8, however, who knows when it will ship. Watch, it will arrive on 3/16.

SoriceConsulting

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sorice.com
Vehicles
2023 GTPE, Rapid Red
Occupation
IT Consultant
Country flag
I thought Tesla did qualify, as NJ doesn't use the same guidelines as the feds. The only potential limiter would be MSRP (well trodden ground on the NJ topics.)
JSOrange, you’re right. I was thinking about the 7500 federal tax credit. My mistake!!

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Thanks for getting my hopes up. Even if this were true (my order was placed on July 7, 2020), the car would still have to arrive before 3/15, and I'd like to think that would be possible, since the car was built on 1/8, however, who knows when it will ship. Watch, it will arrive on 3/16.
Looks like you may have 14 days after starting the application to provide the documentation, so that could give you until 3/29. But looks like the car has to be registered by then, as that's part of the documentation required.

https://chargeup.njcleanenergy.com/...p_New_Jersey_Phase_1_Terms_and_Conditions.pdf

SoriceConsulting

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sorice.com
Vehicles
2023 GTPE, Rapid Red
Occupation
IT Consultant
Country flag
Looks like you may have 14 days after starting the application to provide the documentation, so that could give you until 3/29. But looks like the car has to be registered by then, as that's part of the documentation required.

https://chargeup.njcleanenergy.com/...p_New_Jersey_Phase_1_Terms_and_Conditions.pdf
Dbsb3233, you’re right (as well as timbop in his earlier comment). Now that I looked at the pdf I realized I had read that before! Guess we’ll have to hope we can register by the deadline (which I’ll never make). Hope some do!! I’ll pin my hopes on the point of sale rebate becoming available before mine arrives.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Dbsb3233, you’re right (as well as timbop in his earlier comment). Now that I looked at the pdf I realized I had read that before! Guess we’ll have to hope we can register by the deadline (which I’ll never make). Hope some do!! I’ll pin my hopes on the point of sale rebate becoming available before mine arrives.
Are you doing X-Plan? It's nowhere close to $5000 (maybe ~$800 savings) but at least that saves a little more.

And of course you still get the big savings from the sales tax exemption. That's actually better than the $2500 EV credit we get in CO, which is one of the higher state subsidies in the country.

SAM

First Name
SAM
Threads
Reaction score
A little bit of a mystical kingdom, like Camelot
Vehicles
Premium MME4X Iconic Silver
Country flag
Not really new news. Says online need to order before Dec 15 and take delivery by Mar 31. She opens the possibility of "starting" the application on Mar 15, which appears to give you more time. However, it looks like that's only 14 days, which brings you back to the ~Mar 31 deadline. Maybe that could be extended??

JSOrange97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Not really new news. Says online need to order before Dec 15 and take delivery by Mar 31. She opens the possibility of "starting" the application on Mar 15, which appears to give you more time. However, it looks like that's only 14 days, which brings you back to the ~Mar 31 deadline. Maybe that could be extended??
Just got a shipping update that there is a chance we get our car the first week of March. If that is true, then I will definitely give this a shot. Our order was placed back in July.

SAM

First Name
SAM
Threads
Reaction score
A little bit of a mystical kingdom, like Camelot
Vehicles
Premium MME4X Iconic Silver
Country flag
Just got a shipping update that there is a chance we get our car the first week of March. If that is true, then I will definitely give this a shot. Our order was placed back in July.
I hope it works out! Maybe you can push to get your car by the Mar 31 deadline. $5K is on the line and it would be a shame to miss it for an unnecessary delay.
Sponsored