we made a rear door handle (little update on front door delete 6/23)

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 KIA EV6 GT, 2021 VW ID.4 Pro S
Occupation
former electric pony jockey
Country flag
I do actually after all the info in this thread, however, we have another vehicle so it is still not a habit I want her picking up just yet. :)
For me, it's not a fear of the Mach-E chopping off little fingers, but that my 4 year old will think every car door is as fancy schmancy as Mach N Cheese. Not every door has a kickstand and I don't want him to find out the hard way!
Sponsored

entenna

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GT (replaced Mercedes C43 AMG)
Country flag
I placed an order for the handles as well (5th product from @AOSK already :) , i.e., center console organizer, matte screen protector, mud flaps, spoiler, rear handles). Very happy with his products and I decided to get his spoiler even though the same model was available a bit less from another vendor. Hoping the handles will arrive next week. Got them since I have kids and a bit worried about them not being careful even though I love the "naked" look without handles...

OP
OP
AOSK

AOSK

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E select
Country flag
I placed an order for the handles as well (5th product from @AOSK already :) , i.e., center console organizer, matte screen protector, mud flaps, spoiler, rear handles). Very happy with his products and I decided to get his spoiler even though the same model was available a bit less from another vendor. Hoping the handles will arrive next week. Got them since I have kids and a bit worried about them not being careful even though I love the "naked" look without handles...
thanks for the support! always let us know if you ever have any question or issue with our products.

thewraith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FD RX7(2J)/'21 Mach E GTP/'65 'stang, '22 BMW X5
Country flag
Ok, here is my review on these:

For $25, I can't really complain but these will NOT hold up long term:

They are held on with a flimsy factory bolt that I'm not even sure is fully metal. The double sided tape that holds it to the thin factory trim molding is decent when it's cold outside but now that it's summer time and it heats up- the adhesive fails and the handle loosens up and starts to move. I'd say if you absolutely need them, buy them and use some other adhesive and a better bolt.

Pretty sure I installed it correctly but happy to be proven wrong as I hear nothing but positive reviews on the seller and want to support them.

thewraith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FD RX7(2J)/'21 Mach E GTP/'65 'stang, '22 BMW X5
Country flag
On another note, is it possible to create a hinge that would allow the charge door to open all the way (make contact with the car body) so the door isn't sticking out and susceptible to be bumped and broken off when there is a tight parking space?

OP
OP
AOSK

AOSK

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E select
Country flag
Ok, here is my review on these:

For $25, I can't really complain but these will NOT hold up long term:

They are held on with a flimsy factory bolt that I'm not even sure is fully metal. The double sided tape that holds it to the thin factory trim molding is decent when it's cold outside but now that it's summer time and it heats up- the adhesive fails and the handle loosens up and starts to move. I'd say if you absolutely need them, buy them and use some other adhesive and a better bolt.

Pretty sure I installed it correctly but happy to be proven wrong as I hear nothing but positive reviews on the seller and want to support them.
Hi, please dm me your order ID, we will send you some new tape we made for this door handle kit. thanks for this feedback

OP
OP
AOSK

AOSK

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E select
Country flag
On another note, is it possible to create a hinge that would allow the charge door to open all the way (make contact with the car body) so the door isn't sticking out and susceptible to be bumped and broken off when there is a tight parking space?
Hi I will bring this to the team, we know that mostly owners has a complain about the charge door crack the car body when it open, never hear of owners wish it to open all the way, we will look into this.

Rookie

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Prem RWD ER Iced Blue Silver Metallic
Country flag
How do the AOSK rear door handles hold-up in extreme heat? Temps over 110 are not unusual in Arizona. Wonder how a device which uses two-sided tape to open a car door would work in that situation. Like the concept - if they work.

OP
OP
AOSK

AOSK

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E select
Country flag
How do the AOSK rear door handles hold-up in extreme heat? Temps over 110 are not unusual in Arizona. Wonder how a device which uses two-sided tape to open a car door would work in that situation. Like the concept - if they work.
we now change tape to less temps sensitive 3m tape, it should perform better in hot weather, but if that dont work in place like Arizona, let us know, we will make sure things goes perfect for you.

Rookie

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Prem RWD ER Iced Blue Silver Metallic
Country flag
we now change tape to less temps sensitive 3m tape, it should perform better in hot weather, but if that dont work in place like Arizona, let us know, we will make sure things goes perfect for you.
I ordered and received the Mach-e rear door handles. Disappointed that they failed in the Arizona heat.

Installation is very easy and quick. The enclosed wrench works perfectly. They look like the front door handles and performed will after they were installed.

However, after about 20 hours (in an enclosed garage), the tape did not hold.
I then drove to a car wash but decided to remove the handles as they were not well bonded to the door. I was concerned what they would do in a car wash if they were only held to the door by one screw.

FYI-At midday, the temperature was a ‘toasty’ 107 degrees. The coldest temp while the handles were installed on the car was 95 degrees. Not sure if they failed because of heat - or the low Phoenix humidity (22%).

OP
OP
AOSK

AOSK

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E select
Country flag
I ordered and received the Mach-e rear door handles. Disappointed that they failed in the Arizona heat.

Installation is very easy and quick. The enclosed wrench works perfectly. They look like the front door handles and performed will after they were installed.

However, after about 20 hours (in an enclosed garage), the tape did not hold.
I then drove to a car wash but decided to remove the handles as they were not well bonded to the door. I was concerned what they would do in a car wash if they were only held to the door by one screw.

FYI-At midday, the temperature was a ‘toasty’ 107 degrees. The coldest temp while the handles were installed on the car was 95 degrees. Not sure if they failed because of heat - or the low Phoenix humidity (22%).
thank you for letting us know, would you mind dm us your order ID, and we will send you some new tape, and an adhesive promotor to give it another shot? we are also wondering how would it work out with our new tape and adhesive promotor combination in hot weather, so that we could know where we could make improvements on this product.

Mosworthy

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD SR
Country flag
(6/23) A little update about the front door handle delete kit!

We haven't painted the sample yet, and after we did some minor changes on the molding, its now making a good fit. we are mass producing them and painting them. it will be ready very soon!
WechatIMG7.jpeg
I'll be your first sale!
Keep me in the loop!

LeWe

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Space White GT
Occupation
SWE
Country flag
Any updates on the front door handle delete? I'm interested in having no handles as well!

OP
OP
AOSK

AOSK

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E select
Country flag
Any updates on the front door handle delete? I'm interested in having no handles as well!
it was partially ready two weeks ago, but we didn't satisfy with how it look(wasn't good enough), we have been keep polishing the molding and improving the design on it. fix molding will take some time, thank you for the interest.
Sponsored