Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
Now where is Forum Ship week? And I thought waiting for build to complete was difficult o_O

tomterky

First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Mustang Pony Edition Convertible; 2021 Mach E
Country flag
Well, production date changed from December 20th, to the 27th, and just got the email to the week of January 4th. Bahhumbug.

20201211_160058.jpg

Badger_Prof

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prior--Leaf,Bolt EV. Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
It’s more like you’re on the plane and just pulled away from the gate, but is now sitting on the tarmac waiting for Air Traffic Control to assign you a take-off slot.
After my third notice of delayed production week for my car, I feel more like we were just sent back to the gate and told "We hope we can get this plane fixed but, if not, we will start looking around for another way to get you to your destination. It may not be the ride you wanted but we do hope to get you there sometime in the not too distant future."

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
It's interesting how some of you get production delay updates and others don't. I haven't received any emails like yours, but mine was delayed to a different week, too.
Ford Mustang Mach-E We will have to call next week "Forum build week" 1607727605973

If it's any consolation, I'm doing okay. Yes, the wait is hard (55 weeks and four days, so far). But we'll get behind the wheel soon enough. :)

tomterky

First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Mustang Pony Edition Convertible; 2021 Mach E
Country flag
It's interesting how some of you get production delay updates and others don't. I haven't received any emails like yours, but mine was delayed to a different week, too.
This quiet hush stuff is getting really old and not the way to conduct business. I don't care if it's Covid related or not. You do not treat paying customers like this and in the dark. You overly communicate and inform about everything. I talked to my insurance guy today to see what this will cost to insure, the numbers are not even in the systems yet.

Very poorly communicated Ford. I expected better.

eltonlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE Gray
Country flag
This quiet hush stuff is getting really old and not the way to conduct business. I don't care if it's Covid related or not. You do not treat paying customers like this and in the dark. You overly communicate and inform about everything. I talked to my insurance guy today to see what this will cost to insure, the numbers are not even in the systems yet.

It's hard to provide updates when there is stuff that is unknown or being worked on. It's best to stay quiet than to provide dates that would be missed.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag

Try a different insurance company. I got a quote from my insurance company several weeks ago. I just gave him my VIN and it popped right up. My rates will go up about $27 per month because the car is much more expensive to replace and repair compared to the 2012 Ford Fiesta that will be displaced from the policy when the time comes.

Mopey

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME GTPE, 22 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Well, production date changed from December 20th, to the 27th, and just got the email to the week of January 4th.
Yes, Me too.

Also, (for some reason I can't reply in the other thread), I have not received the satellite image yet. I gave them a three week window (starting yesterday). They do try to collect at the first opportunity depending on weather, satellite track, and priority.

eastern refugee

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E First Edition Grabber Blue.....GOT IT!
Occupation
insurance agent
Country flag

My suggestion is to try other insurance companies because all of the ones that I deal with have it. Heck even ABRP has it but not the actual distance figures.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
OK, got that email this morning!

So it was just a delay in sending the email about the delay. No worries! :)

AndyS_OSU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevrolet BoltEV
Occupation
Educator
Country flag
I'm scheduled for production next Tuesday but just noticed this on the Ford Vin tracker.
Ford Mustang Mach-E We will have to call next week "Forum build week" Screen Shot 2020-12-17 at 12.52.28 PM

There is a window sticker now too. Maybe it's been like this for a while and I just noticed. Or maybe it changed today. No idea.
Sponsored