harrysiii

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME GTPE DMG; '18 Pacifica Limited
Country flag
I searched and didn't see anyone else posting about this issue so I'll share my experiences. From early on, a user posted about the cargo floor support posts breaking because of the weight limit. Partially because of this, I actually lowered my floor to the lowest level almost immediately upon receiving my vehicle.

Well, time has passed. I recently lifted the floor to look under it, and noticed some heavy abnormal wear to the carpet below the floor in two points below the shelf supports. I took pictures and let the dealer know. They are replacing the affected pieces under warranty. Check yours out and make sure you don't need replacement. (yes, it was a little dirty under my floor when I dropped it off at the dealer).

Ford Mustang Mach-E Wear on floor carpet under trunk cargo floor 20220911_181739

Ford Mustang Mach-E Wear on floor carpet under trunk cargo floor 20220911_181737

AlpaChino

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e Premium eAWD Ext Range, Rapid Red
Country flag
Do you leave the loading floor in the bottom position?

OP
OP
harrysiii

harrysiii

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Do you leave the loading floor in the bottom position?
Yes, constantly. I've never moved it to the higher position since the day I moved it down about a year ago.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I searched and didn't see anyone else posting about this issue so I'll share my experiences. From early on, a user posted about the cargo floor support posts breaking because of the weight limit. Partially because of this, I actually lowered my floor to the lowest level almost immediately upon receiving my vehicle.

Well, time has passed. I recently lifted the floor to look under it, and noticed some heavy abnormal wear to the carpet below the floor in two points below the shelf supports. I took pictures and let the dealer know. They are replacing the affected pieces under warranty. Check yours out and make sure you don't need replacement. (yes, it was a little dirty under my floor when I dropped it off at the dealer).
Kinda looks like salt got in there.

SV8T

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Wrangler 4xE HA/Range Rover Sport SVR/Audi A7
Occupation
Legal
Country flag
Yellow Lab? Mine's always with me even when she's not!

OP
OP
harrysiii

harrysiii

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yellow Lab? Mine's always with me even when she's not!
Nope, no pets in the car so far. Well, except for cat carriers in the front for vet trips.

Could definitely get some salt and dirt in there, but it still shouldn't wear like this. They may want to look at reinforcing this pressure point if that's causing premature wear issues. I'm happy they're taking care of it. It's always worth asking. My previous car had a lot of wear on the steering wheel, which I just chalked up to normal wear and never mentioned it. Years after I was out of warranty, I saw people posting on the forums that dealers were replacing these under warranty, and the material had been updated. I never thought to bring it up to the dealer at the time I first noticed it. :-\

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag

Ford Mustang Mach-E Wear on floor carpet under trunk cargo floor 20220911_181737

Hi there. This flooring concern doesn’t sound like something we want you to experience with your Mach-E. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you on my end.

OP
OP
harrysiii

harrysiii

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hi there. This flooring concern doesn’t sound like something we want you to experience with your Mach-E. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you on my end.
Thank you much, for the support! I PM'd you my details, but at this point my dealer was very good about letting me know they already ordered the required replacement parts. I'm very happy with their service department!
Sponsored