First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Must GT PP2, 18 Focus RS, 21 GTPE, 20 Escape,
Country flag
Yes
Is your "in production" bubble at least checked in the Ford shop tracking site? My status is in production, but the bubble has not been checked. My date was this week and probably got caught up in the production halt though.
Yes
Sponsored

OrchidMania

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Premium ER
Occupation
Retired IT, School Math Volunteer
Country flag
Sounds pretty close to the original mach e when converting from reservation to orders, you would give the dealer a deposit and Ford would send back your reservation fee. I wouldn't expect that if going straight to an order instead of from a reservation, but that alone wouldn't raise any red flags to me. Just verify no extra ADM in the paperwork they want signed, etc...
My dealer kept the $500 online fee plus added his own $500 for a total of $1000 deposit on my sales contract. But no production order, and not sure I''ll get my Iconic Siver made this year......

cmsva1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Infiniti G35
Country flag
Interesting. I think this is what is happening with my order. I called the dealership and reserved an MME over the phone. They sent me the paperwork and reservation number. It is not linked to my Ford account, so I can't log in and see a status.

How did you get updates on the status of your vehicle this way? Did they contact you or did you just check in with them every couple of months?
I had to periodically check in with the dealer. As the email updates I was getting were only reminding me to order (because the online order never synced with the actual order).

OP
OP

Seadiel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X
Country flag
Fyi, my resolution.

I ended up getting an email this morning about a problem with my online order and when I logged into my account I was given the option to select a new dealership or cancel the reservation now.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Website Order Dealership wants me to come in 1631554754838

rmillis

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
Update:

Earlier in the thread I complained about an employee who told me to not order online and to fill out the paperwork in person at the dealership. I spoke with the manager who happens to live in my neighborhood and he told me the employee was in the wrong.

He mentioned for the Mustang Mach E that you should make the order online. The $500 goes to the dealership, and he mentioned he'd make the $500 refundable for any car on their lot should I decide to not get the Mustang. On top of this, he told me there would be no ADM and that they would accept the X plan discount. He said the X plan discount doesn't affect their dealer, so they could care less if I claimed it or not.

Moral of the story, if you have a bad experience talk with the manager. I went from being so excited for this purchase, to pissed off, to super excited again. He mentioned that my feedback will be good coaching opportunities for his team.

Also, there is no need to go to the dealer to order your Mustang Mach E. Do everything online and you're all set. Call the dealer ahead of time though to make sure there are no ADM and if they'll accept any discount plan such as X plan. Hope this information helps someone, because I was completely lost.

zvez

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GT PE Carbonized Grey with Nite Pony package
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Fyi, my resolution.

I ended up getting an email this morning about a problem with my online order and when I logged into my account I was given the option to select a new dealership or cancel the reservation now.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Website Order Dealership wants me to come in 1631554754838
Not sure it's related, but seem to recall threads on both forums where a flurry of these "sorry to hit the brakes" emails went out. The consensus then was it's a glitch, any chance this could be a mistake?

ChuckA

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 MME Premium AWD ER in Infinite Blue
Occupation
Accountant-Retired
Country flag
I placed an order on Ford Website selected the dealership, paid the deposit online. Now the dealership wants me to come in and sign some documents/verify ID and pay them the deposit directly. They advised the deposit from the website would be refunded and this is the way Ford wanted them to do these orders now?

Doesn't sound right. Anyone else have any experience with this happening?
That’s the way my order was handled in CT. I got the refund, no problem, when the order transferred from website to dealer about 2 months after the original order.

ChuckA

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 MME Premium AWD ER in Infinite Blue
Occupation
Accountant-Retired
Country flag
As I understood the reservation and ordering process, for the reservation, Ford corporate gets the deposit. The reservation deposit was fully refundable. Upon converting from a reservation into an order, the reservation deposit is refunded by Ford corporate and a new deposit is charged, which is given to the dealer by Ford corporate. Depending on the dealer's terms, your order deposit may or may not be refundable if you cancel your order.

What happened with my reservation turned into order was this: Reservation placed, deposit charged by Ford, email sent by ford congratulating me on the reservation. Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait... Reservation converted into order, reservation deposit refunded by Ford, order deposit charged. Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait... Production week assigned. Wait, wait, wait... Received "chip delay email." Wait, wait, wait...Production week delayed. Wait, wait, wait... To this point I have not been asked by my dealer to provide my driver's license.
Be patient…for mine it was 6 months between order date and delivery. Lots of wait and stress.

Casavage

First Name
Cindy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Occupation
Marketing
Country flag
I placed an order on Ford Website selected the dealership, paid the deposit online. Now the dealership wants me to come in and sign some documents/verify ID and pay them the deposit directly. They advised the deposit from the website would be refunded and this is the way Ford wanted them to do these orders now?

Doesn't sound right. Anyone else have any experience with this happening?
Nope

Luke

First Name
Luciano
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach e, Taurus
Occupation
Computer Engineer
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E Website Order Dealership wants me to come in 1631587689440
Ford Mustang Mach-E Website Order Dealership wants me to come in 1631587719494

TTT

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
DMC-12, 75 Monza, 17 Volt, 22 MMe Prem. ordered
Occupation
Imagineer
Country flag
Another possibility is that you order was being held because of a close out on ordering of 21's.

When you order on the website it goes to the dealer, then they actually submit your order to Ford officially.

My dealer can no longer do the final submission of orders of 21's in some configurations, and will soon be prevented from submitting orders for any '21 MMe and will switch over to 22s. Another thread here suggests that ordering may open Wednesday.

Your dealer has was stalling you, coincidentally until Wednesday when the only person that could refund your deposit out until then - really?

Maybe they were unable to submit your order until Wednesday and were trying to get you to come in so they could go over the changes with you?

We may all know more soon. Glad it worked out either way.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Be patient…for mine it was 6 months between order date and delivery. Lots of wait and stress.
Heh, yeah. Lots of time between the reservation and now. It helped me be a 58 year old orphan.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag