Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Fit, Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Can anyone else confirm if this is a known issue or can be replicated on your car?

I approach the front passenger door, fob in my right hand. Using fob-hand, hit the unlock button. Door button flashes and it makes noise like it wants to do something, but doesn't. Doesn't unlock, no mirrors out. No door open.

From the same spot, if I hit the rear passenger door's unlock with my left hand, it unlocks and opens fine (fob still near front door unlock button). Also, if I do it quickly enough after the front door, both the rear and the front door will pop open simultaneously, after the rear button is pushed.

I'm assuming this isn't some insane "the driver's door must be the first unlocked" because the rear doors operate fine (either side), as does the hatch.

It could be a fixed software defect, I'm in the stuck-pre-1.7.1 crowd.
Sponsored

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
Have you had 21P22 updates done at the dealer? This is a known issue and fixed with updates.

OP
OP

jbooth

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Fit, Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I... thought so, I have the updated charging curve (eg, 45kw from 80->90%) and am otherwise stuck pre-1.7.1 on software updates. I'd asked for it to be done, but I don't see it listed on any of the service records, so now I wonder if they actually did it, or if maybe they did part of it and didn't bother to do it all.

Garbone

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E , 22 MachE, 62 C10 Big window long bed
Occupation
Loafer
Country flag
I had the 21p22 done but still on occasion have the hit the rear button nothing, hit the front both open behaviors. We just shrug it off.
Sponsored